The State of our Defense

L1nk

Despite knowing the players we were fielding, reading this tweet just made it seem all the more real of the dire situation our defense is actually in. Thrown on top of De Gea just seemingly not being the keeper h e once was and it's a complete shambles, we can argue all day about our lack of cutting edge upfront but how are we STILL in a position all these years later that we are STILL fielding Jones, Smalling and converted winger Young in our defense, how.

Apparently we don't need Defensive reinforcements in the window, hell I say we need at least 2 centrebacks and a fullback, maybe even 2 of them.

Genuinely cannot believe we've given new contracts to these 3 players as well, we are an absolute joke of a club.

It's clear the likes of Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Darmian need to go. There's still massive questions over Bailly and Lindelof as well as De Gea seemingly going off the deep end.

The only player i'd gladly field without question is Luke Shaw, and i'm more inclined to just let Dalot play RB all the time over young, at least if he shits the bed you can just put it down to youthful inexperience, which I don't mind so much, Young just shits the bed cause he's awful.

Something needs to be done with the whole squad, but the spine is garbage, it's just some expensive fluff players surrounded by either straight up trash tier players, average players, past it players, or can't be bothered players.

NoLogo

The state of our team. Defending is a team effort and we simply don't work hard enough collectively neither in attack nor in defense. A lazy bunch of pampered millionaires who can't be bothered to put in a shift for the paycheck they are getting.

Maccus21

think we need proven PL players.

Toby for the £25m is a reasonable deal.

I was thinking of a RB who might be good immediately, and allow the youngsters more time to develp. I keep coming back to Coleman at Everton.
Is he over his injury issues, if so, he may be worth getting on board. Would Everton turn down £15-20m for him? Maybe give them Rojo in return?

I dont know if he's the answer, but I know he used to get forward with good effect and defend pretty well