The State of the Anti-United Media (Or just the state of the club it seems)

Ivor Ballokov

Does anyone really care what newspapers say to sell copies? It's just a ritual.

Side note: as a poker player and a journalist (news, not sport), I love to look for tells in people - the visual ticks that show when a person is lying or bluffing. People uncomfortable telling untruths usually have loads of them (side side note - Tony Blair is one of the very few people who can lie without a tell.) Football managers in post match interviews normally have a lot, which is what makes it one of my favourite parts of the game on TV. Jose has more tells than anyone I ever saw. His Sky interview yesterday was an absolute gem. He twitched and rubbed his face, wiped his nose, failed to make eye contact, looked sideways - all the classics. Finally after a couple of minutes of this, he couldn't stand it any more and started slagging off his defenders. He's well aware that, whatever the result, there's a lot that needs fixing. The media see that too.
Speaking is his tell.

MichaelKorleone

Someone hijacked Jonathan Wilson's Guardian account -

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...hester-united-jose-mourinho-party-pooper-city

The ice melts sadly around the unopened champagne. The fireworks remain unfired, the streamers tightly furled. José Mourinho, perhaps the greatest wet blanket in football history, had done it again.
Football has known few party poopers like Mourinho. He has the vague awareness of work in the morning, the barman who insists you have three minutes to drink the pint you bought two minutes ago even though you are pretty sure you are legally entitled to 20 minutes’ drinking-up time, the sour and neurotic former girlfriend who turns up and sits in passive aggressive disapproval until all hilarity has been sapped from the room.

Mourinho always seems at his most buoyant after puncturing somebody else’s balloon. He has rarely seemed more chipper than he did when dousing the boisterousness of a pre-Christmas crowd with a Chelsea performance of heroic lack of ambition in a 0-0 draw at Arsenal in 2013-14, unless it was later on that season when his side, with nothing to play for, went to Anfield, spoiled and wasted time and inflicted a 2-0 defeat that in effect cost Liverpool the title.
Pogba, who at least got in the mood by dying his hair blue and white for the occasion..
Mourinho, once again, could lap up the salt-tears of frustrated opponents as though they were the sweetest nectar.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Media desperate to whip up hysteria against Herrera arent they? You can tell they'd love it if the FA charged him with something.

Well prove it was malicious then press pack! You can't can you? Move on then. :lol:

Josep Dowling

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That is literally ridiculous, us winning the game is surely the biggest talking point of the weekend.
If they don't think we are worth talking about, maybe the club should just not have press conferences. Just give them all a piece of paper with any injuries and that's it. It is all that matters really.

Akshay

Staff
If they don't think we are worth talking about, maybe the club should just not have press conferences. Just give them all a piece of paper with any injuries and that's it. It is all that matters really.
Press conferences aren't worth anything in the internet age anyway. Imagine how much better it would be if the club held direct streams of Mourinho and players answering questions from fans. The questions would be of higher quality and they wouldn't be press bait so the manager would be inclined to give better responses too.

Nobody wanted a City win at Spurs more than Holt, not even Pep.

City ascend? Is he writing about football or religion? :lol:

el3mel

Still waiting for the media to talk about City pen against Spurs in the same manner as Young tackle. Looks like I will wait forever. :rolleyes:

Tango80

Ollie Holt's the worst of them. The amount of brown nosing he was doing about City yesterday was cringe worthy.

Says it all that he works for the Mail.

Dante

Average bang
I'm deeply offended that anybody has anything nice to say about City. Just because they've broken a shit-ton of records, that doesn't make them better than anyone.

Anti-United.

Patrick08

Ollie Holt's the worst of them. The amount of brown nosing he was doing about City yesterday was cringe worthy.

Says it all that he works for the Mail.
Oh, that squeaky voice of his :mad: though I personally find Tim Sherwood the worst of the bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Carrick applauded him and shook his hand when he went off. I'm sure they're happy with him.

Very accurate

cyberman

Just watch this and sit in awe of Jeff trying to dance on Jose's grave yet again.

How does he even link Jose to this?

Emrethis

Its not about anti-United.

Manchester United generates the most clicks. People like to read negative news about United, even United fans. The more negative the better. Whereas, non-United supporters would probably ignore any positive news about United. So its understandable if Journalists compete to see who can spin the most negative thing possible from even the tiniest detail. They're just trying to get clicks and views.

I think the way the media treats City, Liverpool and Tottenham is fine. The problem is that sometimes they go too far with United.

Basically, nobody cares if City, Liverpool and Tottenham are in crisis. But 'United in crisis' is big news. The bigger the crisis, the bigger the news.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Its not about anti-United.

Manchester United generates the most clicks. People like to read negative news about United, even United fans. The more negative the better. Whereas, non-United supporters would probably ignore any positive news about United. So its understandable if Journalists compete to see who can spin the most negative thing possible from even the tiniest detail. They're just trying to get clicks and views.

I think the way the media treats City, Liverpool and Tottenham is fine. The problem is that sometimes they go too far with United.

Basically, nobody cares if City, Liverpool and Tottenham are in crisis. But 'United in crisis' is big news. The bigger the crisis, the bigger the news.
Being generous with that word, what they do isn't what I'd call journalism? The papers could just employ a blogger with a half-decent vocabulary and say "go upset people"

The state of the papers and BBC is awful.... too many agendas or click-bait stories.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Most fans of a top club thinks their club is hammered in the press more than any other. It's a natural way of thinking purely cos you notice more headlines and articles about your own team than any other.

I don't doubt that United get negative press for no reason from time to time but it's not just confined to your club.

With regards to Spurs not getting slagged off for losing and having no trophy again this season, I just did a quick scroll down the football website of 1 national paper and counted 2 or 3 articles that can be classed as negative about Spurs, alongside 2 or 3 that are complimentary to United.

Every fan is simply more sensitive about their own club and reacts accordingly.

Emrethis

Being generous with that word, what they do isn't what I'd call journalism? The papers could just employ a blogger with a half-decent vocabulary and say "go upset people"

The state of the papers and BBC is awful.... too many agendas or click-bait stories.
Right you are. A disgrace is what modern 'football journalism' has become.

JK-27

Chris Sutton has a particular hatred for Man Utd for some reason, probably because we never showed interest in him when he was a player. He comes out with just such unfounded dross:

Chris Sutton mocks Red Devils supporters after Jose Mourinho comment
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...fford-supporters-Chris-Sutton-Manchester-City

Jose Mourinho: Manchester United manager looking outdated - Chris Sutton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43464951

Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho is responsible for Man City Premier League title win - Sutton
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...rdiola-Premier-League-Paul-Pogba-Chris-Sutton

The last one is just hilariously stupid. I thought Pep was responsible for City winning the league, but I guess not.

R'hllor

I never believed in anti United thing that much, nor i am big on believing it now but just finished listening Sunday Supplement and it shows that people writing for sport section of newspapers (they are not journalists for me) act like fans,at the end there was a question about Klopp comments regarding WBA, it was brushed off like its nothing.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I never believed in anti United thing that much, nor i am big on believing it now but just finished listening Sunday Supplement and it shows that people writing for sport section of newspapers (they are not journalists for me) act like fans,at the end there was a question about Klopp comments regarding WBA, it was brushed off like its nothing.
Journalists stopped being interesting when they stopped reporting the actual events and started to give their opinions of what should have happened or should happen. It’s ridiculous some of the thinks seasoned journalists come out with. One week player/team/manager can be finished or shocking the next week he’s unplayable and brilliant. The way they flip opinions is a joke it’s a bit like the match day forum in here where player A is shite then scores and suddenly he’s had a good game. Long for the days when they just reported what they saw rather than their opinion on what should happen.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This is a corker, not a journalist, an ex-Spurs player.

United getting the refs backing again
Of course that’s why they won...

Graham Roberts‏Verified account @GrahamRoberts4

Just a note the referee yesterday Anthony Taylor has refereed 4 cup games for Man Utd and they never lost any strange how a ref can come from Manchester isn’t it and they never lose . He was a disgrace yesterday should have sent at least 2 Utd players off

8:25 am - 22 Apr 2018

Just a note the referee yesterday Anthony Taylor has refereed 4 cup games for Man Utd and they never lost any strange how a ref can come from Manchester isn’t it and they never lose . He was a disgrace yesterday should have sent at least 2 Utd players off

The Utd desk at the MEN fighting the lone fight against everyone else (including the City desk, which is ridiculously partisan).

RedDevil@84

And he booked Rashford for jumping over a tackle. Pathetic!!

CA1

They openly admitted on the Sunday Supplement "it felt like it would be a Spurs story" before the game. Hinting they'd set up for that. Another stated in a downbeat tone that it would have been more about Spurs because if United lost than the United board had said they wouldn't sack Mourinho, so they couldn't go with that angle.

At no point would our win be discussed, basically.

They'll have it all ready if we lose the final or may even push the boat out when we draw at West Ham in an end of season dead rubber.

It's sad, really.

EyeInTheSky

Just watch this and sit in awe of Jeff trying to dance on Jose's grave yet again.

How does he even link Jose to this?
In other news research shows that the fallout from the Fukushima nuclear disaster has destroyed costal wildlife around the Pacific Ocean. Speaking of fallouts Jose Mourinho has lost the dressing room for the third time this hour. Thoughts Mersy?

EyeInTheSky

Chris Sutton has a particular hatred for Man Utd for some reason, probably because we never showed interest in him when he was a player. He comes out with just such unfounded dross:

Chris Sutton mocks Red Devils supporters after Jose Mourinho comment
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...fford-supporters-Chris-Sutton-Manchester-City

Jose Mourinho: Manchester United manager looking outdated - Chris Sutton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43464951

Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho is responsible for Man City Premier League title win - Sutton
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...rdiola-Premier-League-Paul-Pogba-Chris-Sutton

The last one is just hilariously stupid. I thought Pep was responsible for City winning the league, but I guess not.
He definatley has multiple accounts on the caf this gobshite