The State of the Anti-United Media (Or just the state of the club it seems)

gajender

He says he's "changed personality". That in itself is so absurd that I have no words. He says when he first arrived he was a genius but now looks outdated. There is no appreciation of context. There is no deep analysis. The Ronay opinion piece was at least something.
Agreed there is no deep analysis and he doesn't articulate his point well but don't you think Mourinho has changed when he first come his impact was similar to Guardiola but instant in his very first season. But now he looks jaded , circumspect more like good manager not the first among the equals that spark is missing his tactics are also hit and miss , hopefully the Sevilla defeat have reinvigorated him and we see the Jose who is ready to fight and not somebody who is just going through motions.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Agreed there is no deep analysis and he doesn't articulate his point well but don't you think Mourinho has changed when he first come his impact was similar to Guardiola but instant in his very first season. But now he looks jaded , circumspect more like good manager not the first among the equals that spark is missing his tactics are also hit and miss , hopefully the Sevilla defeat have reinvigorated him and we see the Jose who is ready to fight and not somebody who is just going through motions.
I think the circumstances are entirely different and therefore it has a different effect on him. But I don't think, nor am I in a position to evaluate, that his personality has changed. That's a pretty huge statement and I don't think Sutton understands what he's saying nor has the capacity to evaluate whether a person's (whom he does not know) personality has changed. It's mindless.

tomaldinho1

A new low for the media today - Sky has run back to back Luke Shaw articles with an additional 'Pogba can't be happy article' to supplement. If you think that all their 'sources' are pundits and people 'close' to the players (literally could be anyone) it's mental that this is headline news.

Basically the press blew their load on Pep too early, now have nothing new to write on him, there's only so many articles they can praise Klopp/Poch given they don't win anything so are now going full radge on Mou. All this whilst our recent form has been beating LPool, Chelsea, Brighton (FA Cup) and losing to Seville (which was the only shock).

gajender

I think the circumstances are entirely different and therefore it has a different effect on him. But I don't think, nor am I in a position to evaluate, that his personality has changed. That's a pretty huge statement and I don't think Sutton understands what he's saying nor has the capacity to evaluate whether a person's (whom he does not know) personality has changed. It's mindless.
I think may be he should have used the word demeanor if that makes sense rather than personality and you do have a valid point about the circumstances United does represent biggest challenge for Mourinho till date let's hope it's work out best for us.

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

Sky sports leading story: "Mourinho is destroying Shaw" written by Matt Le Tissier. Followed by Jamie Redknapp's "United a hard sell for flair players".

Daily mail sports 3 leading stories were about Luke Shaw too.

Glad we're still relevant, even when we're on the brink of relegation (as many would have you believe).

Zoo

Sutton, Keown and Redknapp are 3 of the worst pundits out there, all very shouty with little credibility. No surprise they all write columns for the Daily Mail too.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sky sports leading story: "Mourinho is destroying Shaw" written by Matt Le Tissier. Followed by Jamie Redknapp's "United a hard sell for flair players".

Daily mail sports 3 leading stories were about Luke Shaw too.

Glad we're still relevant, even when we're on the brink of relegation (as many would have you believe).
With regards to that Shaw story, much as I don't like scathing public criticisms of players, especially if they don't have a chance of making it at the club, the comments by the former youth academy director at Southampton pretty much state that Shaw has no determination whatsoever and needs to be life coached into being a footballer.

Cantonagotmehere

The Sevilla loss after 2 huge wins vs Chelsea and Liverpool sure opened the floodgates for the ABUs and anti-Jose team on here. For sure sent them all into a tizzy. Tough to read the media or the United section on here. Its brutal.

Smithy89

Seems much worse under Jose and even more so since Fergie retired, maybe because most were sh!t scared of him.

I'm not even a big fan of Jose in any sense, but he has still won more trophies at united compared to Klopp and Poch.

Decomposing In Paris

Our last 18 games: 2 loses, 3 draws, 72% win rate

In a time that several of our best players are struggling for form...

Media's Conclusions:
1. Mourinho isn't very good anymore.
2. Pep, Klopp, & Poch are geniuses.
3. Mourinho is dated in his style of play and approach to young players.
4. Rashford always needs to start at Centre Forward or leave.
5. Luke Shaw is a world-class attacking fullback with 3 career assists and no goals.
6. We probably spent more in January than City or Liverpool.
7. Pogba is a forward, who should have the same defensive responsibilities as Ronaldo does for Madrid.

cyberman

We sign Sanchez 6 weeks ago from under the noses of City but we'll struggle to attract flair players.
Well done Jamie. I hope Rashfords brace stung a little bit more than it should.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I see that the tax-payer funded, impartial BBC have now joined in, saying that Mourinho is "looking outdated"

Fridge chutney

feck Sky.
Feck them all. Daily mail is worse. BBC is so full of ex scouse and players who hate us so we would never get a fair view. Guardian is now basically a wum-factory and the rest are tabloids or clickbait farms.

Fridge chutney

With regards to that Shaw story, much as I don't like scathing public criticisms of players, especially if they don't have a chance of making it at the club, the comments by the former youth academy director at Southampton pretty much state that Shaw has no determination whatsoever and needs to be life coached into being a footballer.
I like Shaw and i didn't like Mourinho's comments on him after the match.

But if reports from former managers and coaches are true and he does not apply himself to fitness and training, then he needs to leave the club. The "woe is me" act from someone who earns 100s of thousands of pounds a month does not fly. That goes for all players and managers.

CA1

If our fans have any sense, we rally behind the team and Mourinho.

Unfortunatley, I think most of our fans are taken in by the media. There's just too much of it 24/7 in your face.

SuzieQ

The one thing I can say with 100% conviction that Jose is doing wrong is biting to the medias BS. Cant blame him, seems the media are turning up every rock they can to pile on the pressure. Hoping to force a sacking maybe? The media does loves to knock people down. But thats no excuse, Jose knows how this game is played, and biting is what they want him to do. Instead of saying more, he should be saying less. Whether hes right or wrong, it wont matter. Whatever he says will be twisted into him being wrong.

I love how the media labels his 12 minute retort to the criticism hes had this week as a rant, and yet continue with 24/7 bombardment of attacks against him. article after article of bitter former players or advisories doing what can only be described as rants. Almost every BBC article about united has a HYS. And of course its filled with the most vile vitriol you can imagine. The bitterness at being 2nd best to united for a quarter of a century has stained the logic centers of many peoples brains. In that same regard I see a quarter century of success has made many united fans addicts to winning. The anger and hatred, the need to destroy from within that which isnt perfect in their eyes. Patience to regain our former position is lost, they would have us be like all those other clubs that knee jerk sack the manger as though it was a magic wand to fix everything currently wrong at the club.

Im not a huge poster of follower of social media or forums, but even I have noticed the crickets when we are doing well, and then sudden upswing in activity should we be doing badly. Anyone would think some people just want to moan.

Drawfull

This quote in the Chris Sutton article is taking the piss. It might be factually accurate, but considering we've only scored one fewer than media darling Spurs, it's a bit rich. And his precious Chelsea have scored only 52.

"But while City have scored 85 league goals this season, United have scored only 58 - the fewest in the top four."

TinFoil

If our fans have any sense, we rally behind the team and Mourinho.

Unfortunatley, I think most of our fans are taken in by the media. There's just too much of it 24/7 in your face.
Fans were singing his name against Brighton

Inter Yer Nan

The media are obsessed with United so of course they want shocking stories, juicy headlines, fake narratives and a bunch of bitter ex-players that either weren't good enough to play for or beat United back in their days as players and/or managers. They will hold those grudges and are encouraged to make a big story out of everything for the click-bait people who love such stories. I take it all with a pinch of salt.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I've always wondered if Big Ed encourages this. We're still in headlines, which is surely good for business.

With my tin foil hat on, I do wonder...are we more valuable as bonkers than as a quiet, successfully run club?

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Striker for the Blackburn title winning side of 94-95. Part of the SAS strikeforce with Alan Shearer. Refused to play in an England B international, so didn't play for England. Played for Chelsea and then Celtic. Started at Norwich and is a professional tit.
You'd have been fine with just saying professional tit, most people would guess him from that alone :) argumentative, condescending professional tit at a push.

TinFoil

I've always wondered if Big Ed encourages this. We're still in headlines, which is surely good for business.

With my tin foil hat on, I do wonder...are we more valuable as bonkers than as a quiet, successfully run club?
Also known as the Dallas cowboys model.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Jamie Redknapp said that Rashford needs to leave to get game time, despite the fact that he plays in virtually every game he is fit for, and was man of the match against Liverpool at OT.

Any organisation that pays Redknapp to write opinion pieces is not worth listening to.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I meant how did the media twist that moment into something negative. Bizarre.
Add all the fans from every team together in the prem and it still get even a tenth of the clicks from angering United fans.

RedDevil@84

It is funny how media can write any amount of lies without any accountability and blame everything on sources if someone asks

SuzieQ

Have we been relegated yet?
No, but we did a straight swap de gea for ronaldo. Ronaldo will be out new number 1. Giggs has quit the wales job, and is traveling inside a very large dragon with "told you so" written on the sides in big red letters towards OT to steal joses cheese, but theres a twist. Its not actually Jose, its his evil twin, Bob mourinho who has been managing united this whole time! Also, the reason pogba hasnt been playing is because hes managed to get pregnant with twins, but hes upset because only one of them is his!