The State of the Anti-United Media (Or just the state of the club it seems)

JohnnyKills

No, but we did a straight swap de gea for ronaldo. Ronaldo will be out new number 1. Giggs has quit the wales job, and is traveling inside a very large dragon with "told you so" written on the sides in big red letters towards OT to steal joses cheese, but theres a twist. Its not actually Jose, its his evil twin, Bob mourinho who has been managing united this whole time! Also, the reason pogba hasnt been playing is because hes managed to get pregnant with twins, but hes upset because only one of them is his!
Haha very good.

Chuck_B

Woke up yesterday and the first 7 out of 10 headlines in the daily mail were Man United related. Everyone of them were negative about the club. These lads are getting paid to write this shit, it sickens me how so many journo's have nothing better to do than write about a club going through a difficult patch and make out it's a crisis. I still lay the blame with Mourinho. His whole demeanour cries out negativity and i can barely stomach watching him in interviews!

Decomposing In Paris

Woke up yesterday and the first 7 out of 10 headlines in the daily mail were Man United related. Everyone of them were negative about the club. These lads are getting paid to write this shit, it sickens me how so many journo's have nothing better to do than write about a club going through a difficult patch and make out it's a crisis. I still lay the blame with Mourinho. His whole demeanour cries out negativity and i can barely stomach watching him in interviews!
That's just the thing though, we actually don't have much evidence that Mourinho has lost the dressing room. We know he's lost support in the press. I would be pretty negative talking to the press too if I knew they were going to write the kind of things they do. It's circular. The truth is when we started the season with a series of 4-0 wins, they "weren't convinced", and our goals were "too late", the score lines "flattering". So now that we've lost 2 (Seville & Spurs) and drawn 3 in our last 18, we're in crisis. We got "hammered" 2-1 by City, because they controlled large parts of the game (even though they needed our centre forward to have a defensive nightmare to beat us), but how we controlled and beat Liverpool 2-1 didn't count for much because apparently they should have had 5 penalties... Klopp was allowed to control the narrative of the defeat.

Chelsea for example, are the Champions, having a "Mourinho season" sitting adrift in 5th, but getting a relatively free ride. It'd ridiculous.

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
Man every fan of every club believes media is against them, Liverpool fans think media is anti-aircraft or x, y, z always find excuses to diss them, same goes with man UTD,Chel, Arsenal , Spurs and man city. I think it's just that fans just don't like when their club is dissed by the pundits on the TV. Also media try to get money out of beautiful wins or horrendous defeats, they ain't anti-(insert club name here) but pro-money. They will always make segments on what's trending in football fans.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We sign Sanchez 6 weeks ago from under the noses of City but we'll struggle to attract flair players.
Well done Jamie. I hope Rashfords brace stung a little bit more than it should.
Haha love it because it’s so true. He should have been called out far more for his ridiculous Rashford comments on game time when facts clearly stated otherwise.
Jose will strengthen again next season it’s very hard not to with some of the players we have here contributing zero. Not so sure the same will happen with Spurs or Chelsea though.

Chuck_B

That's just the thing though, we actually don't have much evidence that Mourinho has lost the dressing room. We know he's lost support in the press. I would be pretty negative talking to the press too if I knew they were going to write the kind of things they do. It's circular. The truth is when we started the season with a series of 4-0 wins, they "weren't convinced", and our goals were "too late", the score lines "flattering". So now that we've lost 2 (Seville & Spurs) and drawn 3 in our last 18, we're in crisis. We got "hammered" 2-1 by City, because they controlled large parts of the game (even though they needed our centre forward to have a defensive nightmare to beat us), but how we controlled and beat Liverpool 2-1 didn't count for much because apparently they should have had 5 penalties... Klopp was allowed to control the narrative of the defeat.

Chelsea for example, are the Champions, having a "Mourinho season" sitting adrift in 5th, but getting a relatively free ride. It'd ridiculous.
I dont think Jose has lost the dressing room and I think players getting paid so much should be under scrutiny. Luke Shaw has potential, but hasn't looked like reaching Mourinho standards and it's not bullying as the media portraits. The fella is just not good enough for United. I'd like to see this young lad Ryan Sessegnon come in the summer, however that is for the summer transfer circus!

Yeah every fan doesn' like to see their club being criticised, but you can't compare us to other clubs in the top 6 because we are the biggest club in England which results in us being constantly in the spotlight. It won't change, but very frustrating watching Jose fuel the fire!

Last edited by a moderator:

wolvored

Just opened the caf on mobile and a city advert is on advertising the women's team WTF!

el3mel

Best thing to do at the moment is to stay away from social media and news in general for a while. There's no problem in fans moaning about the team because in one way or another we all want the best for the team, but what the media is a complete disgrace.

SuzieQ

Spinning a story because that moment between Pogba and Jose shattered their myths that there was tension between the two. This is beyond ABU, is right down dishonest.
Yup. The glaring lack of source says it all. Didn’t even bother with the usual BS of “according to sources”. It’s shocking that the press is supposed to be the protector of freedom, yet they are all biased, deceitful pieces of shit that care more about causing the news than reporting it. The sun makes shit up, the bbc reports on it. The disgusting state of the British media in a nutshell.

MUFC OK

The media hate us, so what? United are the biggest draw in the media and articles showing us in a negative light are pure click bait for United fans and rival fans alike. Thankfully though, they have no power over the affairs of the club. Added to this is the fact that mourinho has a bad relationship with the press, some of which is his fault and therefore this level of bias was inevitable. That said the only hope of the anti United and Mourinho media is that our fans turn on Jose and force him out, we should be wise to their tricks by now.

Denis' cuff

The media hate us, so what? United are the biggest draw in the media and articles showing us in a negative light are pure click bait for United fans and rival fans alike. Thankfully though, they have no power over the affairs of the club. Added to this is the fact that mourinho has a bad relationship with the press, some of which is his fault and therefore this level of bias was inevitable. That said the only hope of the anti United and Mourinho media is that our fans turn on Jose and force him out, we should be wise to their tricks by now.

Great to see some perspective on here.

Also, noted the crowd support for Jose last time out. Didn’t get the columns that a groan from the crowd did when Lukaku allowed the ball to run out.

Hughie77

Easy target at present, the gutter press have mainly always had a go at Utd even when saf was there, now and last 5 seasons were a easy hit for them any negative they can write or say they will, so do the pundits.
Used to it now there will always be Utd haters. Sad they are

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
It's international week, we're fresh off a very public embarassement and the journos know that nothing creates clicks like the combo of drama + United. This week alone, I've been sent dozens of random stupid stories from non United fans.

DavidDeSchmikes

Spinning a story because that moment between Pogba and Jose shattered their myths that there was tension between the two. This is beyond ABU, is right down dishonest.
The Sun in peddling fake news shocker

Standard of journalism and journalism trust is low at the moment

GazTheLegend

Man every fan of every club believes media is against them, Liverpool fans think media is anti-aircraft or x, y, z always find excuses to diss them, same goes with man UTD,Chel, Arsenal , Spurs and man city. I think it's just that fans just don't like when their club is dissed by the pundits on the TV. Also media try to get money out of beautiful wins or horrendous defeats, they ain't anti-(insert club name here) but pro-money. They will always make segments on what's trending in football fans.
Mate.. these ‘journalists’ really, genuinely do hate Man Utd though.

Mickey Quinn literally said on talksport the actual words “I hate man United”. Alan Shearer despises us. Martin Keown too. The Daily mail admitted they completely fabricated a “bust up” between Alex Ferguson and Wayne Rooney and after the two came out and said they had no problem with each other and there had been no bust up at all - the daily mail replied “well it was a fair assumption to make because he didn’t train”.

That was a -back page headline-. Has any other club had a back page headline regarding a bust up which never happened that has been absolutely fabricated out of thin air? Perhaps Chelsea and arsenal with Wilshere/Costa, but then - they had actual truth in them instead of admitted -guesswork-.

edgar allan

Mate.. these ‘journalists’ really, genuinely do hate Man Utd though.

Mickey Quinn literally said on talksport the actual words “I hate man United”. Alan Shearer despises us. Martin Keown too. The Daily mail admitted they completely fabricated a “bust up” between Alex Ferguson and Wayne Rooney and after the two came out and said they had no problem with each other and there had been no bust up at all - the daily mail replied “well it was a fair assumption to make because he didn’t train”.

That was a -back page headline-. Has any other club had a back page headline regarding a bust up which never happened that has been absolutely fabricated out of thin air? Perhaps Chelsea and arsenal with Wilshere/Costa, but then - they had actual truth in them instead of admitted -guesswork-.
If you tune into Talkshite or the read the daily Mail what else do you expect?

Mal donaghy

Didn’t Fergie used to ban any journalists that wrote shit from his pressers?? Jose should do the same then the editor of the journalist who’s banned gets pissed off cause his Utd correspondent isn’t privi to what’s goin on at the countries biggest club.
Trouble is if Jose implemented this his pressers would be empty!!!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Stop reading the Daily Mail. Problem solved!

Josep Dowling

I can see why opposition fans get annoyed with the amount of coverage that United gets.

With the international break BBC and Sky have had at least 3 articles a day about United in some way. BBC in particular have had one article on United with a HYS everyday, with the most part opposition fans slagging off United.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I see that the tax-payer funded, impartial BBC have now joined in, saying that Mourinho is "looking outdated"
If he is outdated, while in 2nd place and having won 2 trophies last season, then what does that say about the other managers/teams in the EPL?

RedorDead21

Really odd how an institution our size doesn't protect the brand more and be a lot more active in the media and pushing our own agenda's...some of the thing's pundits get away with saying about the club....like city vs money......we should have been all over that with intelligent throwbacks and advertising....

RedorDead21

I'm talking about volume. Irrespective of good or bad united will always dominate the headlines in England and abroad over any other club.
True but I don't see how all publicity is good publicity when you're United.....it's 80% negative... it would have been the same under SAF if he allowed it....

Denis' cuff

They’re basically fans/ex players of other clubs with a platform or simply journos fishing for clicks because that’s what sells advertising space. It sometimes is so bad that it seems like a concerted effort to destabilise the club. I don’t ever recall United fans being so ready to boo (minorities tbf) substitutions etc as they are now. Partly spoilt by decades of unprecedented success and partly led by the nose, by the media. To me, the greatest concern is refs not making decisions to please the pundits. The recent McTom assault in the area vs Huddersfield being the latest of many. Andre Marriner confirmed my suspicions when he excused not giving a stonewaller by saying “I didn’t want to be the star of the show on MOTD. They definitely have an effect, by design or not.

Fridge chutney

To be fair Chelsea and Arsenal get shit on by the media consistently also. Spurs, City and especially Liverpool are media darlings. They can seldom do wrong.

Denis' cuff

To be fair Chelsea and Arsenal get shit on by the media consistently also. Spurs, City and especially Liverpool are media darlings. They can seldom do wrong.
Arsenal seem to cop it, understandably after little achievement in over a decade. Look at the state of the current Chelsea team and they seem to get off very lightly. Conte especially. Little or no negativity following him/them around despite their poor showing. We are either winning two trophies or second behind City with an unprecedented points tally and you’d think we were heading the same way as Sunderland

Green_Red

The only reason the media are covering United is because they have the biggest fanbase in England and the world.

We should start a fan boycott of the major media outlets starting with Skysports, Bein Sports and ESPN. After that go for the major papers. Two or three weeks without United fans clicking their shite articles or watching their stations would sent a clear message.

Even if it was just one live game on TV, surely the loss in revenue would be enough of a wake up call?

lewwoo

I refuse to read to much in to any media sources these days especially newspapers. They are all as bad as each other not only regarding Utd but any current events. Whether it be the daily mail, guardian, sun or mirror. They are all propaganda and totally biased pushing an agenda from one side or the other.

CA1

The best one is the media putting up polls asking the general public if our manager should stay or be sacked. It has nothing to do with them. Because we're the biggest club and the public follow our games and fortunes so much they think they have a right to have a say. I personally don't care what other clubs do, I have my opinions but it's up to the fans of that club to make noises for change.

The Poll with Moyes and Van Gaal were often stay yet with Mourinho it's leave. Make of that what you will as regard to what the ABU's want and why they want it.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
well said!

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Nobodies coverage compares to Uniteds and its been like that my whole life.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Nobodies coverage compares to Uniteds and its been like that my whole life.
Yeah, this whole 'all clubs get it' stuff is bullsh*t for two reasons:
1. No one is going to click negative stories about Spurs, whereas negative ones about us are literally making up the majority of most read lists every week
2. We just don't have a lot of presence in the media, compared particularly to Liverpool and Arsenal. The latter interestingly are incredibly self-hating, so the poor Gunners not only get it, but get it from their own!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I have no idea how some of you cope in real life. There is absolutely no anti United bias at all. We’re a big club so we will have plenty of articles. The issue is that the vibe at the club seems very low at the moment,not much journalists can do but report it.