The State of the Anti-United Media (Or just the state of the club it seems)

Rashford2good

Today is city's turn to get the media kick in the Jacobs, ibras agent regurgitating an old story about pep being a dog and a coward. A bit strange in the timing of it as it's international break, maybe the mirror could have put it back until next week.
I don't think pep and city will wobble after reading that somehow.
Odd journalism if you ask me.

Josep Dowling

Man every fan of every club believes media is against them, Liverpool fans think media is anti-aircraft or x, y, z always find excuses to diss them, same goes with man UTD,Chel, Arsenal , Spurs and man city. I think it's just that fans just don't like when their club is dissed by the pundits on the TV. Also media try to get money out of beautiful wins or horrendous defeats, they ain't anti-(insert club name here) but pro-money. They will always make segments on what's trending in football fans.
100% agree with this. But I think most fans can agree they have been after Jose and Arsene all season.

Then Conte has had it as well. Although their form has dropped so much they might even miss out on the Champions League so it’s slightly warranted after being Champions. And they have quietly spent a lot on players this season, largely ignored by the media.

Liverpool have always been media darlings. That’s largely down to the number of ex Liverpool players / fans as pundits. Their not good enough to be coaches and managers so take the easy way out.

City are winning the title more easily than ever achieved before. Because of this the media has just ignored they have spent more than any other side in the last two seasons. And old Pep is now the undisputed best manager ever because he’s done it in ‘the best league in the world’ (whilst Spain has managed more quarter finalist in the Champions League once again!).

And as for Spurs they are still the plucky underdogs taking on the elite clubs.

This stuff writes itself really.

I understand that United is big news, good or bad but why do we have to have Souness and Carragher on every United game on Sky? Two very open Liverpool fans ready to twist the knife on a bad result. Then BT always pick McManamann as a commentator for our games with Gerrard in the studio. As for other media outlets I don’t read any trash newspapers anyway.

Fluctuation0161

I have no idea how some of you cope in real life. There is absolutely no anti United bias at all. We’re a big club so we will have plenty of articles. The issue is that the vibe at the club seems very low at the moment,not much journalists can do but report it.
You've contradicted yourself in the first two sentences.

Coleyoscar

I have no idea how some of you cope in real life. There is absolutely no anti United bias at all. We’re a big club so we will have plenty of articles. The issue is that the vibe at the club seems very low at the moment,not much journalists can do but report it.
Their choice of Player of the Year gives a very clear indication of the anti-United bias of football journalists which has existed for decades. The norm was for the champions to provide the winner - except when United were successful. Some of the hacks' choices for PoY were laughable. I'm not too concerned about these individual awards but it does give an indication of the ABU mentality that's alive and well in the media. It's not our imagination.

Reactions: SteveJ

Dante

Average bang
Spot on.

The tin foil hats are out in force in this thread. Everything's a conspiracy and fake news.

haram

We are the biggest club so we generate the most clicks, yes. The media does go over the top with us. Today, apparently Pogba and Jose are not speaking to each other.

SuzieQ

The mirror is saying luke shaw is WANTED by barca....... Another slight of hand dig at jose.

Offsideagain

The ‘Media’ love having a go at United mainly because it’s easy. Anyone can write or say whatever they want to and, whether it’s right or wrong, the club don’t usually lower themselves to respond.

Jose on the other hand can’t help himself. As for the TV, yes they tend to have ex-Liverpool players in the studio or at the match but even ex-United players, Scholesy, Rio and monotone Hargreaves have a pop at the club when deserved. Wish I could get a print of Souness’s face after the Liverpool game ho ho.

cyberman

From f365 on Poch..

He does not use his stooges in the media to leak self-serving information, and does not personally attack other managers

Who could they be hinting at here? Fecking ridiculous.

RedDevil@84

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/02/jose-mourinho-failed-use-jesse-lingard-says-garth-crooks-7434681/

So now the fact a player has progressed throughout the course of the season is in spite of Mourinho's presence.

Never mind the day-to-day interactions or Mourinho's training regimes have affected the guy, it's 100% purely on Lingard, who is now apparently able to pick himself in the first team.
Lingard must be involved in dark magic.
Evil Jose removes him from team squad in every match, but somehow he magically comes back and gets selected in starting XI.

Thepinhead

From f365 on Poch..

He does not use his stooges in the media to leak self-serving information, and does not personally attack other managers

Who could they be hinting at here? Fecking ridiculous.
Why would he? He is getting praised by everyone. All managers are going do defend themselves when they get attacked by the media and other managers every week. Poch wouldn't be any different. Just look at klopp. At first he was all hugs and kisses, but as soon as someone dared questioning him slightly he defended himself with tooth and nail.

Fitchett

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43649977

Funny how ex Liverpool player Mark Lawrenson praises Klopp for his tactics against City on Wednesday - attacking in the first half and then defending the lead in the 2nd half. Pretty similar to how United beat Liverpool last month, but Mourinho got slaughtered in the media for killing the game off!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43649977

Funny how ex Liverpool player Mark Lawrenson praises Klopp for his tactics against City on Wednesday - attacking in the first half and then defending the lead in the 2nd half. Pretty similar to how United beat Liverpool last month, but Mourinho got slaughtered in the media for killing the game off!
Did he?

Where?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Did anyone catch last weeks Sunday’s supplement. It was incredibly bitter about United with 3 of the journalists smirking whilst firing away at the guy Custis who spoke the facts but they were not buying into it. The bile was there for all to see.

Jericholyte2

Andy_Cole

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-vs-man-utd-14504567

- Ref conspired to ruin the game apparently
- Ashley Young is a disgrace to football
- In spite of seeing their team come back, away from home, against their local rival, from 2-0 down, the United celebrations prove they're now the 'noisy neighbour'

Really is pathetic, seeing as how in particular it looked like Danilo could have shot someone before he was gonna get booked.
Salty salty tears.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-vs-man-utd-14504567

- In spite of seeing their team come back, away from home, against their local rival, from 2-0 down, the United celebrations prove they're now the 'noisy neighbour'

Really is pathetic, seeing as how in particular it looked like Danilo could have shot someone before he was gonna get booked.
I don't know what you were expecting reading the MEN, it's basically a City fanzine most of the time.

Stu1975

I’ve never bought a newspaper,better things to do with my loose change.

As for the internet and TV,I pay very little attention to whatever the @ssholes have to say.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't know what you were expecting reading the MEN, it's basically a City fanzine most of the time.
Brennan is their City correspondent so he will be biased towards them. I only go into the United section. Also from Kompany's bragging early on their season is descending into a bit of an anti-climax.

Oneunited26

This game is the very platform we want to build for next season, they can call us small mentality and the so called noisy neighbours for what we done, even when we stun the world and our own fans, they still try and take it away from us. They will always be the oil money noisy neighbours, who became everything they hate, we are still the most talked about club in the world alongside Real Madrid and Barcelona. They can go on all they want about this and that, sometimes you need the luck, it was one of the hallmarks and blue prints of the Ferguson era, that game felt like old United. The ABU media can go on and on, for us enjoy this moment guys because that half time ass kicking was the moment Jose proved to the world he can still inspire his team

Openshaw53

The MEN use to be a must get newspaper on a nightly basis even better was the Saturday football pink, now it isn't even good enough for wrapping up your fish and chips, highlighted by the sight that passers by will not even accept a free copy.
It's web site is one of the worst on the web.

Last edited by a moderator:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Does anyone really care what newspapers say to sell copies? It's just a ritual.

Side note: as a poker player and a journalist (news, not sport), I love to look for tells in people - the visual ticks that show when a person is lying or bluffing. People uncomfortable telling untruths usually have loads of them (side side note - Tony Blair is one of the very few people who can lie without a tell.) Football managers in post match interviews normally have a lot, which is what makes it one of my favourite parts of the game on TV. Jose has more tells than anyone I ever saw. His Sky interview yesterday was an absolute gem. He twitched and rubbed his face, wiped his nose, failed to make eye contact, looked sideways - all the classics. Finally after a couple of minutes of this, he couldn't stand it any more and started slagging off his defenders. He's well aware that, whatever the result, there's a lot that needs fixing. The media see that too.

Fully Fledged

Does anyone really care what newspapers say to sell copies? It's just a ritual.

Side note: as a poker player and a journalist (news, not sport), I love to look for tells in people - the visual ticks that show when a person is lying or bluffing. People uncomfortable telling untruths usually have loads of them (side side note - Tony Blair is one of the very few people who can lie without a tell.) Football managers in post match interviews normally have a lot, which is what makes it one of my favourite parts of the game on TV. Jose has more tells than anyone I ever saw. His Sky interview yesterday was an absolute gem. He twitched and rubbed his face, wiped his nose, failed to make eye contact, looked sideways - all the classics. Finally after a couple of minutes of this, he couldn't stand it any more and started slagging off his defenders. He's well aware that, whatever the result, there's a lot that needs fixing. The media see that too.
Nope.

cyberman

@glazed
Im a poker player too buddy and i cannot stress this enough...visual tells means very little.
You have to assume they know what theyre doing or where they're at to believe the tells they have.
Betting patterns rarely lies.

Irrational.

What an incredibly bitter article.

glazed

@glazed
Im a poker player too buddy and i cannot stress this enough...visual tells means very little.
You have to assume they know what theyre doing or where they're at to believe the tells they have.
Betting patterns rarely lies.
Well indeed. And in interviewing a politician, the ones that are convinced of their own bullshit are by far the hardest to deal with.

glazed

What an incredibly bitter article.
I like the way he's consistently misspelled 'refs' as "reds". Talk about Freudian. And amateurish for not rereading it before pressing 'send'.

el3mel

Oh, oh. Yesterday really hurt him didn't it ?

Acole9

Outstanding
That Brennan was making a fool out of himself on Twitter yesterday.

gica_7

Just watch the buildup of our first goal. City couldn't get near us. If that would have been scored by Liverpool or City, imagine what would be the reaction.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

This read made me sick

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
"City reject"

Fecking hell

Bloody hell. The hate grows every week. Its pathetic. :lol:

If we win the title anytime soon their reaction will be hysterical.

Deleted member 101472

Just watch the buildup of our first goal. City couldn't get near us. If that would have been scored by Liverpool or City, imagine what would be the reaction.
The build up for both goals was sublime.