The State of the Anti-United Media (Or just the state of the club it seems)

Inter Yer Nan

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Did a read it wrong or did they really just say Barca is gonna spy on Pogba every game ahead of full-scale assault to sign him. What it the world:confused: Does that even mean

Coops73

Did a read it wrong or did they really just say Barca is gonna spy on Pogba every game ahead of full-scale assault to sign him. What it the world:confused: Does that even mean
It means they’ve made a bullshit sandwich and they’d like us all to take a bite.

Bestietom

They've got to write something, and anything about United make best reading and sells more papers.

Dante

Average bang
Pogba is the English media darling. Of course every little story about him is going to be back page news.

Incidentally, the top story on Mirror Sport right now is a POSITIVE one about United (Matic donating to charity).

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Get used to it, lads. Looks like we’ve forgotten what it is like to have a global superstar in our team. It was the same with Beckham, Ronaldo and Rooney.

ZAGREB RED

I think Mourinho is quite happy to have the media against United, whether it is actually true or not, it helps create that sort of siege mentality that he likes, telling the players to go out and stuff the medias words back in their throats. He thrives on that sort of atmosphere. I think most of the negative comments are linked his style of football, as Liverpool and City are being heralded as playing the beautiful game currently.
Fergie did a bit of it in his time also. It's one way to get the players fired up.

MAME DIOUF 32

The BBC 5 Live Sports Extra coverage of the match tonight is the BBC Radio Derby commentary.

RedDevil@84

https://www.skysports.com/football/...y-young-handball-missed-says-dermot-gallagher

Man Utd 3-2 Newcastle
INCIDENT: With Newcastle 2-0 up at Old Trafford, Jonjo Shelvey whips a free-kick into the box that hits Ashley Young's arm as he goes to block it. Referee Anthony Taylor incorrectly awards a goal-kick and waves away penalty appeals.

VERDICT: Wrong call, it's a clear penalty.

DERMOT SAYS: It raises an interesting point. The referees are going to have to think about where to stand for a free-kick. His priority is what is going on in the box - is there going to be a foul? I think the learning point is to try and find a different angle so you can see both the free-kick and what's going on in the box.

What about the Muto's handball in the box after a few minutes??

Last edited:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What about the Muto's handball in the box after a few minutes??
Didn't happen - the minute after the BT ref said that should've been a penalty for us as well, all footage of the incident was seemingly deleted.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I watched the highlights on MOTD2. They showed Young's handball (which was a penalty) then didn't show the Muto one. Surely show both or neither?
Stuff like this doesn't make any sense unless there is some sort of agenda. Or they just missed it, but its unlikely. Not saying there needs to be a big conspiracy, but they certainly make these decisions knowingly and based on some sort of information. What to show, when to show it, what makes the talking points... why else cut such an important situation out of the highlights?

I guess they want people to talk about the stuff they make money on, and deemed that situation as a non contributing factor.

RedDevil@84

Stuff like this doesn't make any sense unless there is some sort of agenda. Or they just missed it, but its unlikely. Not saying there needs to be a big conspiracy, but they certainly make these decisions knowingly and based on some sort of information. What to show, when to show it, what makes the talking points... why else cut such an important situation out of the highlights?

I guess they want people to talk about the stuff they make money on, and deemed that situation as a non contributing factor.
It is not a big controversy, but trying to show off that Newcastle were robbed, gives them clicks probably.
No chance they miss it. They have cameras everywhere and constantly focus on many things, even outside the field.

Crashoutcassius

what are repercussions for david mcdonald? I know journalists have to allowed be wrong but the way it was reported it is clear as crystal a lie making fools out of half the people on this forum for profit. I guess he lost his pass for united or something but is there nothing else we can do to control these animals or pressure the mirror to do something about it, or do the idiots in the UK just out number the thinking people to the point that he will just be silent until the next made up story for clicks and continue to make money that way?

I wish we could change something about the industry and sink liars that take advantage of people like this

El Zoido

BBC have been doing this for decades. I’d watch our games live where we dominate almost the entire 90 minutes, having 20 shots to the other teams’ 5, then watch MOTD and they’d show 4 of our attempts and 5 of the opposition and make it look like we’d robbed them.

This isn’t a grand conspiracy, BBC even actually admitted to doing this once. Their excuse was that it made the highlights more exciting and it wasn’t anything to do with an anti-United bias. Before cutting back to the studio... with Alan Hansen and Mark Lawrenson.

smudgegezer

After Saturdays game they could not give Jose any praise and i think the Sun came out and said that Pogba made the calls for the changes in the second half (how they get this information?). The media is loving the situation with this club at the moment, they love seeing giants fall.

RedDevil@84

After Saturdays game they could not give Jose any praise and i think the Sun came out and said that Pogba made the calls for the changes in the second half (how they get this information?). The media is loving the situation with this club at the moment, they love seeing giants fall.
The same paper will write that Jose is a stubborn guy who does not take orders from anyone and his ego won't allow him to take suggestions from a player on one day and then write that Pogba made the subs the other day.

EyeInTheSky

The state of the press is down to the fact that the invention of spellcheckers has let generations of feckwits slip through the cracks of the standard vetting systems. Whereas previously these cretins would not have even made it past the front door.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
You want to see how it's done? Here you go: http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/24453863/how-man-city-changed-football-forever

Pure puff piece. Disgusting, no journalism, no hard questions, nothing but a clearly paid for w*nk job. And you know what? This is how you do comms and PR. When Mark Ogden next gets asked to sit on a piece of gossip or frame a rumour - he'll probably lean on the nice side to City.

Our PR team is a waste of space. We've let ourselves be at best the 'bad guys' and at worst a joke.

Decomposing In Paris

The state of the press is down to the fact that the invention of spellcheckers has let generations of feckwits slip through the cracks of the standard vetting systems. Whereas previously these cretins would not have even made it past the front door.
Yeah, I'd far rather top news outlets relied on a televised spelling competition in order to hire new journalists. That way we could get to know their supportive families, see the town where they grew up, and hear from his nan that wee Jaime wanted to be a fandango dancer when he was young.

vangagal

:lol: what did exactly they expect thou? 14 years is a long time in life to made normal man looks older. Dont they know something that called common sense?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Nash27

Can somebody call Richard keys out on his bullsh*t? What an absolute idiot. Even Sarri has come out and apologized on Chelsea's behalf.
Why do these guys dislike mourinho so much as if he stole their wives from them.