'The Streets won't forget' thread

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
So some of you might have come across posts and videos of players who were very talented, very entertaining, but played at smaller clubs and/or their peaks were very small.

They burnt brightly when they could. These posts get tagged like this, for example "The streets will never forget Michu's season at Swansea" or "Ben Arfa at Newcastle".

We can list our favorite players who fit that mould. I'll start with one. Adel Taarabt.

DCP

So some of you might have come across posts and videos of players who were very talented, very entertaining, but played at smaller clubs and/or their peaks were very small.

They burnt brightly when they could. These posts get tagged like this, for example "The streets will never forget Michu's season at Swansea" or "Ben Arfa at Newcastle".

We can list our favorite players who fit that mould. I'll start with one. Adel Taarabt.
Hugely talented, unfortunately just overweight (for a professional footballer) and seriously unfit.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ben Arfa's brief stint at Newcastle
Papiss Cisse's 6 months at Newcastle

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
The Kerlon compilations were always ace. Especially when he was wiped out by fed up defenders.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Couldn’t you just call it “best individual seasons” or something? :D

Tarrou

Zaki looked world class, for about two months

done absolutely feckall since though!

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Can we rename this the "He was good for a bit, wasn't he?" thread?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Quite a few English strikers have had these kind of seasons in the Premier League in their debut seasons: Kevin Phillips, Marcus Stewart, Michael Ricketts, David Nugent etc.

All bar Stewart (I think) got capped by England but all fell away to relative obscurity thereafter. Phillips might’ve been the only one to not be a six-month wonder, never mind a one-season wonder.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I could watch Quaresma on youtube all day. That was a college past time for a lot of us :lol:
Quaresma has so many tricks in the book you just don't know what will he do next. A very entretaining player and career wise was not bad, despite having the talent to be a Ballon D'Or though.

Hoof the ball

Also, Robert Prosinecki. He was Zidane before Zidane. Disappointing in the sense that although he played for some big clubs, he should be remembered as one of the greatest to play with game, with that talent.

United58

Shinji Kagawa flopped here, but he was a truly sensational player; prime Shinji in our team now or 2010s Barcelona would be sensational. Loved him, smoothest operator I've ever seen

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

'The streets won't forget' is definitely too light-hearted a phrase to justify posting this but I've been looking for an excuse to post it for a while so I'll just put it here.

Quite a moving and tragic story.

georgipep

Also, Robert Prosinecki. He was Zidane before Zidane. Disappointing in the sense that although he played for some big clubs, he should be remembered as one of the greatest to play with game, with that talent.

Just fantastic! I can't imagine how infuriating it must have been for his opponents.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
While we're making threads out of shit youtube video titles, can we get an "Impossible To Forget" thread or maybe a bit of "The Day The World Knew Who [player] Was"?

Let's at least have some "Welcome to [club he never came close to signing for]".

Sparky Rhiwabon

Lee Trundle

Didn’t become a pro footballer until 24/25 but became a star of the lower leagues and played like a slightly overweight Messi on his day.