'The Streets won't forget' thread

cian68

Afonso Alves coming to Boro with big hype, scoring a brace against us, hat trick against City then vanishing after doing feck all else

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Alexander Buttner. His peak lasted for one half of football, his debut at United. Shite before, shite after and a massive tit to boot.
Scored a fantastic goal for us. :lol:

Paxi

Afonso Alves coming to Boro with big hype, scoring a brace against us, hat trick against City then vanishing after doing feck all else
Good shout.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It's actually "the streets remember." Don't know if anyone's said.

Paxi

Not Faubert’s transfer itself but De Stefano’s face — is the face the streets will never forget. It’s priceless.

Nickelodeon

Amr Zaki. Looked like a class act for 6 months or so. Scored a fantastic goal against Liverpool at Anfield for a 3-2 win for Wigan iirc. Not sure what happened in the remaining season but he vanished into oblivion.

As the OP says, the streets haven’t forgotten.

Castia

Wanchope

fecker scored a couple of worldies against us.

ArjenIsM3

Good shout. I remember when he played for my local Eredivisie side Heerenveen. He was amazing for them. Won the golden boot but didn't show up at the event :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The Streets won’t forget Paul Warhurst.

- Playing centre half at Sheffield Wednesday.
- Both their forwards (Bright, Hirst) got long term injuries
- Got played as an emergency centre forward.
- Scored 12 goals in 12 games
- Got an England call up as a forward (Mark Bright never played for England. David Hirst played once I think)

Nuts. He only scored 20 goals in his other 368 games as a professional.

Josep Dowling

Amir Zaki - when he first joined Wigan he was scoring goals for fun, then it dried up the second half of the season. He scored a brace at Anfield, including a bicycle kick.

Laurent Robert - didn’t score a bad goal for Newcastle.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Amir Zaki at Wigan was similar I think.
Santa Cruz was a different class to Zaki tbf. Santa Cruz played for Bayern before moving to Blackburn and then moving to City in their early money bag days. Zaki was plucked from the Egyptian league, had a decent season at Wigan and then went to Hull. Don't remember what became of him after that.

Santa Cruz made a wrong career choice by moving to City. I've no idea why he went there when they already had the likes of Tevez, Bellamy, Robinho and Adebayor on their books. He was never gonna play much there and that derailed what at the time looked like a very promising career.

Zaki was the definition of a one season wonder.

Last edited:

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Matt Jansen prior to his motorbike accident, what a fantastic player.