Film The Suicide squad - 2021

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The director said " This film lives in a world somewhere between a sequel and a reboot. We have some of the characters from the first film, and it is, you know, a continuation of sorts, but it really feels like a completely new universe ".

It's got some of the same characters and continues the story. It might be a stylistic change but there was an enormous change in style between Thor The Dark World and Thor Ragnarok.

It's a sequel and they're being a bit pretentious about it.
That's because they can't ignore the mess that was made from Suicide Squad 1. The fact that they titled this "The Suicide Squad" and gave it a whole cultural reboot shows this is barely a sequel. It's a complete new take on the Suicide Squad, and thank feck because James Gunn should do wonders.

el3mel

I'll be lying if I said this made interested.

I got bored 30 seconds in.

Ekeke

Looks good. Miles better than Harley Quinn and the something something birds of prey at least. Also...

Marked out when I saw Starro at the end. Was wondering who the villain would be

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I love how the caf tends to pretty much shit on everything frivolously.

Anyway, looking forward to Michael Rooker in this one.

Ekeke

True. But in this case it just seems like people who wouldnt like the comics or the concept of the Suicide Squad in a movie thats somewhat true to what they are complaining

Its a team of villains taking risks and doing mad stuff that might get them killed because they dont have a choice

Theres no Will Smith playing Will Smith like the previous Suicide Squad and theres no Cassandra Cain's character getting gutted like in the Harley movie going from a child raised by one of the world's deadliest assassins to communicate only through bodylanguage and to predict opponents movements, to an overweight kid stealing some stuff and talking to everyone.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2020...s-ella-jay-basco-powers-origin-batgirl-orphan

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
True. But in this case it just seems like people who wouldnt like the comics or the concept of the Suicide Squad in a movie thats somewhat true to what they are complaining

Its a team of villains taking risks and doing mad stuff that might get them killed because they dont have a choice

Theres no Will Smith playing Will Smith like the previous Suicide Squad and theres no Cassandra Cain's character getting gutted like in the Harley movie going from a child raised by one of the world's deadliest assassins to communicate only through bodylanguage and to predict opponents movements, to an overweight kid stealing some stuff and talking to everyone.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2020...s-ella-jay-basco-powers-origin-batgirl-orphan
Sure but from a standalone movie and entertainment perspective, it's James Gunn and a great cast - I see a lot of potential in the film.
I remember when Guardians 1 trailer was released it looked pretty cringe too, but obviously the brilliance in the film was down to the character interactions, building for great comedy and story arcs. None of that will be shown in a trailer but it won't stop people from complaining :lol:

Ekeke

Sure but from a standalone movie and entertainment perspective, it's James Gunn and a great cast - I see a lot of potential in the film.
I remember when Guardians 1 trailer was released it looked pretty cringe too, but obviously the brilliance in the film was down to the character interactions, building for great comedy and story arcs. None of that will be shown in a trailer but it won't stop people from complaining :lol:
True

RedFish

I remember The Killing. Was a great show but not so great ending from what I can remember.
I was ok with it. The series was too morbid for any kind of 'happy ending'. I feel like a broken record but I think Holder is the most interesting and engaging character I've ever seen on a TV series.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Have you seen the first Suicide squad thread? I bet there was around 10 pages of overhyping months before the movie even came out, and when it turned out to be shite, non comic fans and even comic fans with any sense agreed it was shite, but there were still many convincing themselves it was good.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Have you seen the first Suicide squad thread? I bet there was around 10 pages of overhyping months before the movie even came out, and when it turned out to be shite, non comic fans and even comic fans with any sense agreed it was shite, but there were still many convincing themselves it was good.
Yes I did, I was also really looking forward to it because of the super villains, but I had no idea how the film will be. The hype here isn't Suicide Squad as such, it's the filmmaker. There is a HUGE difference between David Ayer and James Gunn, and getting the latter in was a huge coup for Warner Bros, so much so that Disney panicked and brought him back for Guardians 3.

It's like saying no one should have bothered getting excited for Batman Begins because Joel Schumacher fecked up his Batman movies so much.

I'm not saying Gunn is like Nolan in style, but they are in a category of film makers that gets viewers very very excited. They have their own established stamp on a product and are capable of creating an entire new world of their own which is way, way better than average. In very different ways of course.

Sylar

Gunns work on gotg, how much he's liked by actors and the fact he's done a comic book movie before is promising.

Trailer looked decent I thought

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The trailer was shit but so was the trailer to guardians of the galaxy and that film turned out amazing.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
So, this isn't a sequel or a reboot, but it's the same team, with some of the characters reprising their roles from the original SS set in the same universe as MoS, BvS, and JL? Got it.

Nickosaur

This looks bad in a good way. Cheesy, OTT, not taking itself too seriously. Should be a lot of fun. If man shark isn't nominated for some kind of award it will be a travesty.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So, this isn't a sequel or a reboot, but it's the same team, with some of the characters reprising their roles from the original SS set in the same universe as MoS, BvS, and JL? Got it.
It's pretty much a reboot. I don't think it's that complicated - Gunn was given a choice on who to keep in casting and whom to ditch. They got Bloodsport instead of Deadshot, King Shark instead of that Croc guy for example, so it's a different team. Some characters have been kept, because Gun likes them and the actors playing them.

Sylar

They are just ignoring the first one happened, which they should

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don't get how you can watch that trailer and think it was a bad one. The Caf is weird sometimes.

I mean, I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion or anything. I'm just saying that your opinion is flat out wrong.

Also, just found out that Sylvester Stallone is playing the shark...

Last edited:

Amarsdd

I don't get how you can watch that trailer and think it was a bad one. The Caf is weird sometimes.

I mean, I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion or anything. I'm just saying that your opinion is flat out wrong.

Also, just found out that Sylvester Stallone is playing the shark...
and Taika Waititi is most likely playing the giant starfish.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
and Taika Waititi is most likely playing the giant starfish.
See? Movie of the year. Or at the very least the best Suicide Squad movie. At the very, very, very least it'll have a coherent story and actors who actually stand a chance of putting in a decent performance.

reelworld

Ugh, I hated how they did Cassandra Cain dirty in Birds of Prey. She's one of the coolest character in DC and they butchered her like that.

muller

I'm obviously in the minority here but:

I didn't mind Suicide Squad (6.5/10)
I really like Birds of Prey (8/10)
I think the trailer for this looks good.

Margot Robbie/Harley Quinn obviously helps, but yeah, i'm looking forward to it.

Ekeke

Ugh, I hated how they did Cassandra Cain dirty in Birds of Prey. She's one of the coolest character in DC and they butchered her like that.
There are a number of changes directors make to the characters for no reason. Changes of hair colour, look, maybe even some of their powers and every time it makes them worse. But I dont know if they'll ever ruin a character more than Cassandra Cain in that movie.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's an appalling trailer, doesn't mean the film will be bad though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Didn't they already make one of these? I know people are free to enjoy things but this feels like a stretch. Are people not bored of the same repetitive films now?

Sylar

Didn't they already make one of these? I know people are free to enjoy things but this feels like a stretch. Are people not bored of the same repetitive films now?
Some are
Some aren't

As with everything I guess