The Super League is disbanding / Ed Woodward Resigning

FlapR

RIP European Super League. 18/04/21 - 20/04/21 (Aged 2 Days)

Chairman Steve

Well this has been an entertaining couple of days of off-the-pitch football drama. Best since Rooneys transfer request saga in 2010.

Every club involved is a greedy wanker, regardless of pulling out first or being reluctant participants in order to save face
The footballing bodies involved are still greedy, corrupt wankers (who may have caved into the clubs demands for all we know)
Sky are wankers by default due to association with Rupert Murdoch

Gorgy Pegg

Supports
Glossop North End
I have never been so ashamed to be a United fan: Chelsea and City pulling out. United should announce their withdrawal NOW!

Al-T

This shouldn't be forgotten or forgiven.

Hope the positive from this is that it's the beginning of the end for Woodward and the Glazers. The good name of Manchester United is tainted by association.

Someone

Something
Great news, and a massive reality check for those behind the ESL. This is a crushing defeat and will make it much harder for them to negotiate anything with UEFA. How can they come back from this I don't know.

vanrooney

i dont really get whats so diabolic at the sl compared to the cl - its nothing new that its all about money. forget this shit uefa/fifa - two of the most corrupt bodies - now talk about football belonging to the fans. thats pure hypocrisy. the only question is if the tv money goes to the big clubs (sl) or the tv money goes to the big clubs plus uefa (cl). dont see where football as a whole gets damaged, at least not more as it is allready

diarm

Woodward and Agnelli at the next Uefa meeting is going to be like them 2 priests in Father Ted after the plane doesn't crash.

Stactix

Now just need to force those cnuts out of our club.
To those that actually thought this was a good idea, fecking hell.

GMoore23

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the Glazers and Woodwards rule at our great club. They've probably been planning this for years and I'm so glad it's backfired. Hopefully the Glazers will start selling off shares soon. They were never welcome anyway but the fans will never forgive them for this and rightly so. They have totally embarrassed this historic club.
Get The Feck Out You Twats.

Stactix

i dont really get whats so diabolic at the sl compared to the cl - its nothing new that its all about money. forget this shit uefa/fifa - two of the most corrupt bodies - now talk about football belonging to the fans. thats pure hypocrisy. the only question is if the tv money goes to the big clubs (sl) or the tv money goes to the big clubs plus uefa (cl). dont see where football as a whole gets damaged, at least not more as it is allready
It's simple to play in the Champions League you actually need to perform.
To play in the SL you just sit on yer arse and do feck all for 20 years while making significantly more. Devalues the Premier league and the CL which hurts plenty of clubs. All while being exclusive and permanent, performance not mattering without consulting the fans, players or managers and throwing them under the bus.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I agree with @sullydnl and others that this looks like a loss for the ESL clubs vs. UEFA/FIFA. We don't know what happened behind the scenes, of course (maybe UEFA made huge concessions), but given that nothing has been hinted about that yet and clubs are leaving one by one (as opposed to the ESL victoriously disbanding as a unit), it seems to me that the huge outpour of disgust has convinced the clubs that this isn't the way to go - meaning that they'll have to got back to UEFA with no cards left in their hands. Luckily for them, the CL expansion is going to happen anyway; but they won't have much to pressure UEFA with for quite a while.

Not that UEFA are the good guys, of course; but at least they feel strongly about promotion/relegation and about including all of Europe in their football structures and revenue distributions.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Be nice if the Glazers fecked him off now as well. Well it would be a start.
He's Glazers' top man. They need fecking off and then he will probably be turfed out by the next owner (whoever that is in the future :()

Renegade

Watch Klopp back track on the nonsense he was saying last night.
Also now watch players openly criticise the idea when they were quiet yesterday.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
fecking get in. Now keep up the energy and force through fan ownership to ensure this never, ever happens again. Watch them lose millions as a result of their greed.

RUCK4444

Feckin well done Shaw and Maguire. We are the head of the snake in this along with Madrid, need to get us to drop this sharpish.

Good character from them to front you and knock Ed’s office door. Hope they laid the feckin laws of the game down to the money grabbing arsewipe.

Rake

I guess this was the plan from the beginning... A lot of thought and millions went into developing this idea. Doubt this level of fan/players/FIFA/UEFA outrage was unexpected and unplanned for and it would be silly to think otherwise.

Maybe it was a power move, maybe they some promises behind the scenes. I`m convinced that the rest of the football world did not "win".

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
:lol: If this dies within the week, this has to be the biggest fiasco in sports ever right?

I kinda wish a was a fly on the wall when this daft scheme was hatched. Like, did they seriously believe that this would all go smoothly with the entire football world bending the knee to this awful shite