Television The Terminal List (Amazon Prime)

hobbers

Was pretty decent until the final episode, the predictable twist and the nothing ending.

There's a real tangible political zeal to the critic reviews but I dont get where it comes from. What makes it different from other unsophisticated but watchable action shows like Reacher, Jack Ryan or Bosch?

Is it just because some basement dwelling twitters hate Chris Pratt?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I quite enjoyed it for what it was. Agree that the critic reviews were crazy harsh.

It's a revenge story with a practically invincible, gruff protagonist. We've seen it before but it was made well and had high production values = fun.

I do think the first five episodes are way better than the last three, though, it really ran out of steam once he killed Steve Horn.

And actually, speaking of that, what was the point of showing him doing the Navy seal training, how he works out, stays in top shape etc. only to die with a whimper without there being any stand off at all between the two characters? :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Anyone wanting to watch this should just watch the first episode, then the last one including the Recap at the start. Nothing meaningful really happens in the middle. It’s a bloated mess.

It’s also Fcuking awful. Forgettable shite that should have been a 90 minute movie. It’s also got a shite name.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Good thing I read the reviews here. It tapered my expectations. Landed up enjoying it even though I knew the final twist 2 episodes from the end. The ol' Sun Tzu thingy. Though the last dialogue between the two wasn't bad.
The final scene doesn't really give any hints of what season 2 will be about. Topple a corrupt regime?

And also that tiny boat isn't going to get him from Peru to Mozambique? Down the treacherous Terra Del Fergo and then across the Atlantic and into the Indian Ocean? That's the most unrealistic part of the entire TV series.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I quite enjoyed it for what it was. Agree that the critic reviews were crazy harsh.

It's a revenge story with a practically invincible, gruff protagonist. We've seen it before but it was made well and had high production values = fun.

I do think the first five episodes are way better than the last three, though, it really ran out of steam once he killed Steve Horn.

And actually, speaking of that, what was the point of showing him doing the Navy seal training, how he works out, stays in top shape etc. only to die with a whimper without there being any stand off at all between the two characters? :lol:
Wrt that last bit yeah, i thought he was being set up to be the main antagonist of the story :lol:

Anyway, i enjoyed the series. Critic reviews were quite harsh.