Television The Terror

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Seems they're continuing the series but with a different story about the Japanese internment camps.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Interesting trailer. The first season was pretty solid overall, even as I felt the show's choice to make it a physical confrontation undermined some of the books conclusionary themes. High grade schlock all the same. I'll check the new series out for sure.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Just started watching this via the BBC iPlayer. Love the sets and Jared Harris is always a pleasure to watch.

Did they release a second season yet?

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The second series was also pretty good. Crumbled a bit towards the end but there were 4 or 5 very solid episodes with good atmos and spooky ideas.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Finished this yesterday. Can't fault it really, superb acting, writing, visuals and sound.

I will say that it's possibly the grimmest show I've ever seen.

I didn't realise until episode 6 that the Dan Simmons that wrote the book this was adapted from is the same Dan Simmons that wrote the Hyperion Cantos, which I've been reading for the past few years.

Talented old goat.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Finished this yesterday. Can't fault it really, superb acting, writing, visuals and sound.

I will say that it's possibly the grimmest show I've ever seen.

I didn't realise until episode 6 that the Dan Simmons that wrote the book this was adapted from is the same Dan Simmons that wrote the Hyperion Cantos, which I've been reading for the past few years.

Talented old goat.
The book is just as bad. Can't believe they made it into a generally pretty good show. Hyperion is probably my fav series ever, so immediately read the Terror when done. Bit of a change!

Amir

For whatever reason, about 50 years after the end of season 2, they announced they're working on a third season.

Bole Top

I quite liked the first season, they got everything right. I watched it last summer and the first thing I did after finishing it was reading about what (possibly) happened and several possible explanations behind it. I love it when they keep me intrigued when I watch something as it's getting so rare these days. it's actually incredible how many interesting stories there are to make a show or movie based on the them, but aren't being used. we need more stories such as Franklin's expedition and less same old wandering ghosts, haunted houses and clowns.

second season was meh though. not that bad, just weaker in every way. watchable overall.

pauldyson1uk

I quite liked the first season, they got everything right. I watched it last summer and the first thing I did after finishing it was reading about what (possibly) happened and several possible explanations behind it. I love it when they keep me intrigued when I watch something as it's getting so rare these days. it's actually incredible how many interesting stories there are to make a show or movie based on the them, but aren't being used. we need more stories such as Franklin's expedition and less same old wandering ghosts, haunted houses and clowns.

second season was meh though. not that bad, just weaker in every way. watchable overall.
Agreed, first season was excellent, while I did enjoy season 2 it was not up to season 1.

spwd

Are the two seasons linked in any way as I liked the first one although it was a bit too slow.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Absolutely loved S1 but never watched S2 bc of the reviews talking about it being a step down. Hopefully this new season will be of the same quality as the first.