The Third Basketball Fantasy Draft

NM

@OB should have it. I'm really the assistant here with minimal input. I know he was working it

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Be a bit shit if it was a no show, although you could probably just set your lineup as that's basically 90% why people vote the way they do.

OB

Ive sent the writeup. Just waiting to hear from NM so said to keep it on hold. It'll be posted in a while in anycase.

OB

Have sent the writeup to post. Its night here so will be sleeping. Im busy with uni so will try to be around tomorrow if i can. I didnt think games would still be going on :p NM's busy with work too me guess. Hope for a good match :D

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Will there be another reinforcement round before the finals and it so, how many players? Because two seems a bit too much for me since the team would look vastly different to the one that was picked initially as one could've replaced 4 of 5 starters. Just one would be obviously a bit unfair on the one who has to pick second.

altodevil

Why?
Both managers would PM draft master the one you desired to pick and whom you want to block,it would be fun for onlookers.:D
Oh, right, actually that's fine. For some reason I thought you meant block a player already on their team.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Pick one, block one sounds like a cool idea but what happens if both pick the same player?

Skizzo

So there will be one reinforcement player available for the final.

As suggested above, it will be pick one and block one. So you'll PM myself and Edgar (in case I'm away) both the player you're picking, and the player you're blocking.

If both teams pick the same player, he's removed entirely from the available reinforcements. If a manager picks the player the other team blocked, he is blocked for that pick, but available on the second chance. The manager can keep trying to pick him, the other team can keep blocking him. Strategery needed.

Three chances to pick a reinforcement. If you make a successful pick, you just keep submitting blocks. Round over when both managers have picked a player successfully, or have used all 3 attempts.

Send the PM's as soon as you're ready!

@syrian_scholes @Akshay @altodevil86 @Kasper

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
So there will be one reinforcement player available for the final.

As suggested above, it will be pick one and block one. So you'll PM myself and Edgar (in case I'm away) both the player you're picking, and the player you're blocking.

If both teams pick the same player, he's removed entirely from the available reinforcements. If a manager picks the player the other team blocked, he is blocked for that pick, but available on the second chance. The manager can keep trying to pick him, the other team can keep blocking him. Strategery needed.

Three chances to pick a reinforcement. If you make a successful pick, you just keep submitting blocks. Round over when both managers have picked a player successfully, or have used all 3 attempts.

Send the PM's as soon as you're ready!

@syrian_scholes @Akshay @altodevil86 @Kasper
1 reinforcement omly or it'd change the team too much imo.

Skizzo

Akshay/Syrian only have to submit a player to block. Can be the same one or different.

Alto/Kasper only have to submit a player they're trying to recruit. Can be the same one or different.

Mani

Many are blocked by our players though/Askhay etc.
It seems like Akshay had done a good job there,he predicted your first pick and blocked it.But I think you can still go with your first pick for second round as well? does the rule permit it?

Mani

Managers through to Semi Finals

1. OB/NM - 1. L. James 2. Isiah Thomas 3. K. Malone 4. A. Mourning 5. D. Wilkins 6. P. Stojakovic 7. M. Ginobli 8. K. Johnson 9. A. Stoudemire

4. Akshay/Syrian - 1. K. Bryant 2. C. Paul 3. D. Nowitzki 4. J. Worthy 5. D. Mutombo 6. J. Wall 7. J. Butler 8. Ben Wallace 9. A. Iguodala 10. P. Millsap

6. AltoDevil/Kasper - 1. S. O'Neal 2. K. Durant 3. C. Barkley 4. J. Dumars 5. A. Iverson 6. V. Carter 7. M.Price 8. R. Wallace 9. C. Mullin 10. T. Chandler

7. Skizzo - 1. D. Robinson 2. S. Curry 3. R. Miller 4. P. Pierce 5. C. Bosh 6. A. Davis 7. G. Antetokounmpo 8. D. Fisher 9. D. Lillard 10. H. Olajuwon DROPPED-KA Towns

Available reinforcements

2. Edgar - 1. T. Duncan 2. P. Ewing 3. C. Drexler 4. R. Westbrook 5. C. Anthony 6. D. Rodman 7. D. Howard 8. M. Richmond 9. R. Rondo 10. S. Marion

3. Sarni - 2. S. Nash 3. R. Allen 4.S.Kemp 5. P. George 6. P. Hardaway 7. T. Parker 8. M. Gasol 9.L. Aldridge 10. G. Hayward

5. Mazhar/Mani - 1. D.Wade 2. S. Pippen 3. J. Kidd 4. D. Green 5. P. Gasol 6. J. Harden 7. T. McGrady 8. S. Abdur-Rahim 9. DeAndre Jordan 10. K. Irving

8. Moby - 1. K. Garnett 2. J. Stockton 3. K. Leonard 4. K. Thompson 5. C. Webber 6. Y. Min 7.G.Hill 8. M. Camby 9. G. Arenas 10. D. Petrovic

@altodevil86 @Kasper

When you pick update the list with your player, and remove the picked player from the reinforcement list.
Quote to see the available players.

altodevil

It seems like Akshay had done a good job there,he predicted your first pick and blocked it.But I think you can still go with your first pick for second round as well? does the rule permit it?
Yeah think so - but it was our third attempt really because we realised our first two was sneakily blocked by our current players for even 1/2 seasons. If we can pick up a player not drafted we would be interested in that. If not there are a few from the first round teams we like - and submitted to Skizzo now.

Very interested to see who the others picked. We assumed it would be between Hakeem and Lebron so blocked Lebron. They say not Hakeem but can't believe it.