The thought of losing Rashford

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He's a good player. Is he a £350k a week player? Hell no he isn't. Son is on wages of £150k and there is no guarantee Rashford will ever reach Son's level.

We wait to see the details of whatever contract he is about to sign, but if the club's been fleeced - which of course it most likely has - it's just more of an indication of the mismanagement and general decline. Letting a player with great 'potential' a la Martial bully the club into silly money is a recipe for disaster, but it won't be at all surprising when it happens.

It's a massive gamble, I hope it pays off, but Rashford's all round game is seriously lacking atm and contrary to some of the tools in here opinions, there are no guarantees it will improve. The 'guaranteed to be world class' argument is just irritating at this point. We'll see how it pans out.

Stacks

Rashford is 21.

For comparative purposes, Ronaldo at Rashford's age had scored 32 goals for us, was extremely inconsistent, and was considered a "one trick pony"...most people on here wanted him either lynched or sold. This is one of the greatest players of all time, at Rashford's age.

Rashford has 45 goals...this is also more than Rooney had for United at Rashford's age...the club's all time top scorer.

You don't get a complete player at 21. Raheem Sterling is three years older than Rashford. How good was Sterling three years ago?...and this is a player who City were willing to pay £50m for based on his potential.

I don't know why I'm feeling the need to point this out except that this place is full of complete toolbags. You don't sell young players who have the potential to be very important and valuable players in the future. Especially not when you have the sum total of one of them in your squad.
:D

Very good post and agree with it completely.
Good and true post.
See this where you done messed up A-Aron!

For comparative purposes at 21 Ronaldo was a traditional wide player (like Becks or Giggs) who had won the Sir Matt Busby Player of the season (the fans chose him as our best player in the side) so those who wanted him gone were in short supply.

for comparative purposes Ronaldo at 21 had won the Fifipro Young player of the year twice, made the European Championship TEAM OF THE TOURNAMENT (Rashford hasn't turned up to any international tournament, made the Premier league team of the season, whilst RASHY is a 12 goal a season FORWARD.

For comparative purpose, RASHY is 22 in the next season. Ronaldo in this very season made the Fifpro world 11, won the EPL young player of the year, PFA player of the year, FWA player of the year, made the EPL team of the season again, premier league player of the season and for all sense and purposes, I cannot see this from Rashy next year so he is well behind their level. Just shows goal stats don't tell the full picture aye, and we should actually watch football.

For comparative purposes Rooney at 21 had also won the Sir Matt Busby player of the season, he had also won the PFA Young player of the year x 2, PFA fans player of the year, PFA Team of the Year, young sports personality of the year, won the golden boy, European Championship Team of the Tournament (Like Cristiano), Fifpro Young Player of the year,

So yeah, not really close mate. Only delusional England fans think Rashford is anywhere near there levels at the time. He is very fast and an ok finisher, but has no football IQ, below average touch, passing and technique, but he is very rapid. I think he is a good/very good young player but that's it. He is not the next Ronaldo, Rooney or Owen. These guys got the recognition at the time because their talent was evident. Rashford is a 12 goal a season forward.

Last edited:

WireMUFC

See this where you done messed up A-Aron!

For comparative purposes at 21 Ronaldo was a traditional wide player (like Becks or Giggs) who had won the Sir Matt Busby Player of the season (the fans chose him as our best player in the side) so those who wanted him gone were in short supply.

for comparative purposes Ronaldo at 21 had won the Fifipro Young player of the year twice, made the European Championship TEAM OF THE TOURNAMENT (Rashford hasn't turned up to any international tournament, made the Premier league team of the season, whilst RASHY is a 12 goal a season FORWARD.

For comparative purpose, RASHY is 22 in the next season. Ronaldo in this very season made the Fifpro world 11, won the EPL young player of the year, PFA player of the year, FWA player of the year, made the EPL team of the season again, premier league player of the season and for all sense and purposes, I cannot see this from Rashy next year so he is well behind their level. Just shows goal stats don't tell the full picture aye, and we should actually watch football.

For comparative purposes Rooney at 21 had also won the Sir Matt Busby player of the season, he had also won the PFA Young player of the year x 2, PFA fans player of the year, PFA Team of the Year, young sports personality of the year, won the golden boy, European Championship Team of the Tournament (Like Cristiano), Fifpro Young Player of the year,

So yeah, not really close mate. Only delusional England fans think Rashford is anywhere near there levels at the time. He is very fast and an ok finisher, but has no football IQ, below average touch, passing and technique, but he is very rapid. I think he is a good/very good young player but that's it. He is not the next Ronaldo, Rooney or Owen. These guys got the recognition at the time because their talent was evident. Rashford is a 12 goal a season forward.
You say only “Delusion England” fans rate him? Yeah that’s why Barcelona want him, and most of English united fans have 0 interest in the national team myself included. England fans actually dislike Rashford because he plays for united, Most England fans hate united players full stop. And why do people like you say ”RASHY” in a piss taking way out of English/Manc fans as if we’re clueless, makes you sound like a complete snob.

To say he has no football IQ is hilarious, If you think 45 goals and 26 assists by the age of 21 is 0 IQ then I think you need to check your own football IQ mate.

Btw maybe he isn’t as good as Rooney and Ronaldo even though his stats suggest he is (in a worse side) even if he turns out to be half as good as them 2 he’s still going to be class.

A 21 year old kid is the least of our worries at this club.

Stacks

You say only “Delusion England” fans rate him? Yeah that’s why Barcelona want him, and most of English united fans have 0 interest in the national team myself included. England fans actually dislike Rashford because he plays for united, Most England fans hate united players full stop. And why do people like you say ”RASHY” in a piss taking way out of English/Manc fans as if we’re clueless, makes you sound like a complete snob.

To say he has no football IQ is hilarious, If you think 45 goals and 26 assists by the age of 21 is 0 IQ then I think you need to check your own football IQ mate.

Btw maybe he isn’t as good as Rooney and Ronaldo even though his stats suggest he is (in a worse side) even if he turns out to be half as good as them 2 he’s still going to be class.

A 21 year old kid is the least of our worries at this club.
Barca links are paper talk La. Even if they were true, they (Barca) have bought a number of expensive duds recently e.g. Coutinho and Dembele. What I meant is the English pundits and many fans overrate him grossly. They use superlatives like WORLD this and that when he isn't even one of the best forwards in the league. Believe me, all the England fans like him. I know Scousers who like him. Southerners too. They actually like Rashy. Rashy is Rashy's nickname, so I don't see the problem calling him Rashy. I call Lingard J-Lingz all the time. Btw I am well aware of his stats and they are good yet I have also watched him play many times and his IQ can be questioned. He plays head down and blinkered when it comes to playing a pass. My football IQ is irrevelent. He is the least of our problems unless he is holding us to ransom asking for unwarranted wages, then he becomes a big problem. It's all speculation though. P.s. who says I ain't English or Manc you joker?

WireMUFC

Barca links are paper talk La. Even if they were true, they (Barca) have bought a number of expensive duds recently e.g. Coutinho and Dembele. What I meant is the English pundits and many fans overrate him grossly. They use superlatives like WORLD this and that when he isn't even one of the best forwards in the league. Believe me, all the England fans like him. I know Scousers who like him. Southerners too. They actually like Rashy. Rashy is Rashy's nickname, so I don't see the problem calling him Rashy. I call Lingard J-Lingz all the time. Btw I am well aware of his stats and they are good yet I have also watched him play many times and his IQ can be questioned. He plays head down and blinkered when it comes to playing a pass. My football IQ is irrevelent. He is the least of our problems unless he is holding us to ransom asking for unwarranted wages, then he becomes a big problem. It's all speculation though. P.s. who says I ain't English or Manc you joker?
“La?”

“Who says I ain’t English or a manc” you talk like foreign fans who take the piss out of united fans calling them, “proper reds” saying we need players with “Pashun” and “Rashy” and all that bollocks, in a really odd condescending manor which I find truly snobby and weird. I see it all the time.

Saying all the England fans like him is a complete lie, they hate united players it’s a fact, whenever they make a mistake for England they get loads of shit you’re just making stuff up.

serious question where do you rate Rashford in the top under 21s in the world? Even if he’s 10th isn’t he good enough?

Also saying he isn’t as good as Mbappe, doesn’t make him shit, You sound like them people who say Messi is the best so therefore Ronaldo is shit. where do you actually rate him then?

And btw your football IQ is relevant. Although you might be right it does seem it’s completely irrelevant.

Last edited:

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Weird post which doesn't refute what noddlehair said at all.
You're right it doesn't just refute what noddlehair said.

It more takes it, systematically deconstructs it, places it into a nuclear powered blender and then pulverises the living sh*t out of it.
“La?”

“Who says I ain’t English or a manc” you talk like foreign fans who take the piss out of united fans calling them, “proper reds” saying we need players with “Pashun” and “Rashy” and all that bollocks, in a really odd condescending manor which I find truly snobby and weird. I see it all the time.

Saying all the England fans like him is a complete lie, they hate united players it’s a fact, whenever they make a mistake for England they get loads of shit you’re just making stuff up.

serious question where do you rate Rashford in the top under 21s in the world? Even if he’s 10th isn’t he good enough?

Also saying he isn’t as good as Mbappe, doesn’t make him shit, You sound like them people who say Messi is the best so therefore Ronaldo is shit. where do you actually rate him then?

And btw your football IQ is relevant. Although you might be right it does seem it’s completely irrelevant.
If you read his post he said Rashford is a good/very good young player.

If he isn't as good as mbappe why are there rumours of us paying him mbappe wages? It's not the money, it's a dangerous precedent thst started off with Sanchez, although he was at least one of the best players in the world when we signed him. Its emblematic of the decline of the club that they are choosing to pay based on potential and not on performance. in a similar way to how we are extending contracts of players patently not good enough. It's the wider scope of it that causes many of us a problem. It's obvious mismanagement, a shambles.

I'm not going to flat out deny Rashford could become world class. Is it a certainty? Don't be bloody stupid. He has potential but he hasn't even hit Vardy level yet. Should we snap up Vardy for 350k a week? It could be mindless press bs, but we know hes been haggling a contract for months, there is no smoke without fire. Martials contract was 225 - 250k, aka a shambles, this is the next logical progression. Meanwhile we were toothless up top the tail end of last season and Rashford isn't the kind of player on current form who knits play together and helps dominate matches, so when he's not contributing goals what does he contribute, useful runs?

You can get angry about it all you want but for many of us not rating Rashford as highly as the mad british hype machine has nothing to do with him being English and everything to do with our eyes after watching him week in week out for a number of seasons.

Rashford could become world class, I certainly thought so when he first came about. But let's actually see it first before we start talking about him as the next world superstar.

WireMUFC

It more takes it, systematically deconstructs it, places it into a nuclear powered blender and then pulverises the living sh*t out of it.

If he isn't as good as mbappe why are there rumours of us paying him mbappe wages? It's not the money, it's a dangerous precedent thst started off with Sanchez, although he was at least one of the best players in the world when we signed him. Its emblematic of the decline of the club that they are choosing to pay based on potential and not on performance. in a similar way to how we are extending contracts of players patently not good enough. It's the wider scope of it that causes many of us a problem. It's obvious mismanagement, a shambles.

I'm not going to flat out deny Rashford could become world class. Is it a certainty? Don't be bloody stupid. He has potential but he hasn't even hit Vardy level yet. Should we snap up Vardy for 350k a week? It could be mindless press bs, but we know hes been haggling a contract for months, there is no smoke without fire. Martials contract was 225 - 250k, aka a shambles, this is the next logical progression. Meanwhile we were toothless up top the tail end of last season and Rashford isn't the kind of player on current form who knits play together and helps dominate matches, so when he's not contributing goals what does he contribute, useful runs?

You can get angry about it all you want but for many of us not rating Rashford as highly as the mad british hype machine has nothing to do with him being English and everything to do with our eyes after watching him week in week out for a number of seasons.

Rashford could become world class, I certainly thought so when he first came about. But let's actually see it first before we start talking about him as the next world superstar.
Don’t act like there’s not a dislike from foreign fans towards Rashford because he’s English because there is, and they think we’re bias. which then makes them think they need to bash him.
But what’s wrong with being bias towards our own? Personally I do want academy graduates in the first team because they’re what this clubs built on.

Your eyes every week for seasons? You're acting like I haven’t also watched our games? I’d say I’ve missed 3 games since Rashford made his debut. And I see massive potential and huge improvements since his debut.

The club set the precedent by giving Sanchez 400k a week not Rashford, if Sanchez is worth 400k why is Rashford not worth 300? Even though I don’t know where you got 300-350 figure from? He’s done more for the club than Sanchez and is a far better player currently.

United gave Sanchez that deal and now have to live with the consequences. You’re saying we should lose our 2 brightest young talents because it sets a bad precident? It’s already been fecking set.

Imagine what shit we’d be in if we lost Rashford and Martial over a dangerous precedent.

Of course he's not a certainty to become world class, potential means potential.

“He hasn’t even hit Vardy level yet” I don’t even know where to begin with this. Jesus.

And what do you mean he’s not the player on current form? Form is temporary in most cases. His form at the end of the season he was injured in the Liverpool game and never recovered and played through it. We looked fantastic when he Ole first came in and Rashford replaced Lukaku up top.

So I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. It’s funny how I never hear my mates ever call Rashford but I hear it a lot on the internet.

Sick of people blaming a 21 year old kid, when we have the Glazers and Woodward running the club. Woodward dealing with transfers and Contracts. Old Trafford in the most sorry state it’s been in years. Smalling, Jones, Young, Rojo, Darmian still starting for united.

Smalling, Jones and Young getting new contracts. There’s your dangerous precedent and there’s your rewarding mediocrity.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think he is a good/very good young player but that's it. He is not the next Ronaldo, Rooney or Owen. These guys got the recognition at the time because their talent was evident. Rashford is a 12 goal a season forward.
Did anyone say Rashford is next Ronaldo or Rooney? All @noodlehair said was Rashford scored more goals than them at same age, implying he is very good young player and certainly not finished product, so it's madness to think about selling him. Something you said again in the same post(that he is good/very good young player).

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout

Rashford could become world class, I certainly thought so when he first came about. But let's actually see it first before we start talking about him as the next world superstar
Again which paper reported these rumored wages? Yeah Sun which was copied by shit sits like caughtoffisde.

Fridge chutney

:lol: It does nothing of the sort unless you have reading comprehension challenges.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Again which paper reported these rumored wages? Yeah Sun which was copied by shit sits like caughtoffisde.
So how much do you think the maximum wage United should pay Rashford? Are you ok with 200k/wk? or more?

roonster09

Scout
So how much do you think the maximum wage United should pay Rashford? Are you ok with 200k/wk? or more?
Who would I care? It's always relative. If Martial is paid reported 200-250k, then why will Rashford agree for lower wages? You set the precedent by paying 200-250k for Martial then it's not surprising if players who contribute as much ask for similar wage.

Stacks

“La?”

FFS I am as British as they come and have even frequented "one bus every 8 hours" Warrington. I even worked with Warrington and Vale Royal College although I believe the name has changed now. England fans do love Rashy. They beg for him to play and see him as the next star. They hated United players when we were on top but we are shit now so they feel sorry for players like Rashford and think he deserves BETTER than us! I think Rashford is a solid under 21 but at some point this becomes irrelevant because he is a 1st teamer at a team with high ambitions, demanding top tier wages so I will judge him on this. If we are building our team around Rashy, well it needs to be justified. As I said, he is currently a 12 goal a season forward. Why would we pay him more than 100k per week? We have been getting mugged off for so long now I am tired of it. His wages would eclipse virtually all City and Pools players and more than Verratti and Mbappe. High wages must be earned or we are just a joke club for mercenaries and spoilt players.

Stacks

Did anyone say Rashford is next Ronaldo or Rooney? All @noodlehair said was Rashford scored more goals than them at same age, implying he is very good young player and certainly not finished product, so it's madness to think about selling him. Something you said again in the same post(that he is good/very good young player).
Yes I did indeed and I believe this but there are conditions. If He is holding us to ransom for top tier wages I'd rather stand our ground and move him on as we need to put this fire out, not poor gasoline on it.

WireMUFC

FFS I am as British as they come and have even frequented "one bus every 8 hours" Warrington. I even worked with Warrington and Vale Royal College although I believe the name has changed now. England fans do love Rashy. They beg for him to play and see him as the next star. They hated United players when we were on top but we are shit now so they feel sorry for players like Rashford and think he deserves BETTER than us! I think Rashford is a solid under 21 but at some point this becomes irrelevant because he is a 1st teamer at a team with high ambitions, demanding top tier wages so I will judge him on this. If we are building our team around Rashy, well it needs to be justified. As I said, he is currently a 12 goal a season forward. Why would we pay him more than 100k per week? We have been getting mugged off for so long now I am tired of it. His wages would eclipse virtually all City and Pools players and more than Verratti and Mbappe. High wages must be earned or we are just a joke club for mercenaries and spoilt players.
It doesn’t matter where you’re from.

I never said you wasn’t British that isn’t the point, I actually said you talk like a lot of foreign fans.

Zeno

That’s capitalism folks.

I don’t think less of any player - or any person/worker - who looks to maximize their financial position vis a vis their employer.

The sums involved for PL football players are eye-watering, but then again so are the sums that clubs receive from TV etc.

So forgetting about the money, Rashford is certainly one of the best players in the squad right now and hopefully he sticks around, gets better and better, and leads a glorious new era for the club.

Stacks

That’s capitalism folks.

I don’t think less of any player - or any person/worker - who looks to maximize their financial position vis a vis their employer.

The sums involved for PL football players are eye-watering, but then again so are the sums that clubs receive from TV etc.

So forgetting about the money, Rashford is certainly one of the best players in the squad right now and hopefully he sticks around, gets better and better, and leads a glorious new era for the club.
I saw a piece on ESPN AND football terrace which explained how this is unsustainable. So we sign an attacker who scores 20 goals a season, then they can get 300k PW. what happens if we sign another superstar? then they get 500k PW aswell? What about a Salah or Mane type who scores 30 goals a season, they then get 350-400k pw. Can we even sustain these inflated wages bearing in mind we need to convince players to come to us and they will likely haggle because of our league position?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Who would I care? It's always relative. If Martial is paid reported 200-250k, then why will Rashford agree for lower wages? You set the precedent by paying 200-250k for Martial then it's not surprising if players who contribute as much ask for similar wage.
Sanchez is on 500k. Do we need to give Pogba and DDG that amount too? Why Martial has to be the standard if we all know it was a bad practice.

ryansgirl

I'd say a lot of this talk about Marcus' demands is coming from his agent. Agents are like that - they make ambit claims and then usually whittle them down unless it's Paul Pogba's agent, the only reason I'd feel glad if he wasn't at United.

Yes it's not sustainable and much as I love Marcus he is already on enough for his potential and production for the team to date. I'd hate to lose him but if things are handled correctly he will stay. But Sanchez really must go and what a horrible and self-destructive decision it was to bring somebody at his age in on that kind of money.

It was Jose if I am correct, Jose 100 percent responsible much as people love blaming EW for everything - one of the moves he made that royally screwed us with some players and their obscene price and contracts. So many called for LVG's head because of his footballing style but if he had stayed around for at least another year we would have avoided this kind of self-destructive financial behavior.

ryansgirl

True - such poor judgement on financial matters since Sir Alex went and to be fair to David Moyes, I don't think he would have brought in all the under-achievers, misfits and mercenaries and advocated paying the kind of monopoly money United have become noted for the last 5 years or so.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I saw a piece on ESPN AND football terrace which explained how this is unsustainable. So we sign an attacker who scores 20 goals a season, then they can get 300k PW. what happens if we sign another superstar? then they get 500k PW aswell? What about a Salah or Mane type who scores 30 goals a season, they then get 350-400k pw. Can we even sustain these inflated wages bearing in mind we need to convince players to come to us and they will likely haggle because of our league position?
This is exactly it. While the club is being less successful on the field we are essentially on borrowed time using money thats essentially been acquired courtesy of our illustrious recent history.

Overpaying for our players like Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and having them on inflated contracts is a recipe for disaster. It's not dissimilar to the banking crisis of 2008. We have a whole book of over-inflated assets with even Ashley Young on wages of over £100k p/w. In fact most of our players are overpaid and their value is inflated by the mere fact they pay for Man Utd. However, their intrinsic value is revealed by league table positions, goal returns etc. At some point, when the market correction happens, it becomes impossible to offload the assets or get a favourable return on them in comparison to the amount you purchased them for a la Sanchez. At this point they become a drain on the club resources.

Then what happens if the sponsorship deals get less and less lucrative as an unsuccessful club is less attractive to sponsors, and the team is littered with players who are being paid well over their market worth? It then gets harder to attract quality players because the club is less successful and if quality players do come they will want salaries over inflated at the rate they see other players at the club receiving them. If fickle global fans then decide to start following a new team the revenue can really start drying up, its harder to balance the books and service the debt and its hard to even make the over inflated sums available for quality new additions.

It could all be fine of course. We might win the league next year and Rashford will win the Ballon D'or and all of us here will be eating humble pie. But at this point in time, what exactly indicates that this is going to be the case, based on the form at the end of last season?

It's effectively gambling and doing so in a stupid manner, we will see where it takes us. I'm sure that the Glazers and Woodward know that eventually if things do not improve they can always just use the escape hatch, sell the club as it will still be valuable to the right investors. They will sell the club with its accumulated debt at no risk to their own personal finances. They will have done their job ie. made a huge amount of money from the club and got out while the going was relatively good. It's win-win from their perspective. It certainly isn't from a fans though.

Which is why everyone should be concerned if Rashford; a talented, promising and very inconsistent player, suddenly wins a contract that puts him on a par with the top earners in world football.

Stacks

This is exactly it. While the club is being less successful on the field we are essentially on borrowed time using money thats essentially been acquired courtesy of our illustrious recent history.

Overpaying for our players like Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and having them on inflated contracts is a recipe for disaster. It's not dissimilar to the banking crisis of 2008. We have a whole book of over-inflated assets with even Ashley Young on wages of over £100k p/w. In fact most of our players are overpaid and their value is inflated by the mere fact they pay for Man Utd. However, their intrinsic value is revealed by league table positions, goal returns etc. At some point, when the market correction happens, it becomes impossible to offload the assets or get a favourable return on them in comparison to the amount you purchased them for a la Sanchez. At this point they become a drain on the club resources.

Then what happens if the sponsorship deals get less and less lucrative as an unsuccessful club is less attractive to sponsors, and the team is littered with players who are being paid well over their market worth? It then gets harder to attract quality players because the club is less successful and if quality players do come they will want salaries over inflated at the rate they see other players at the club receiving them. If fickle global fans then decide to start following a new team the revenue can really start drying up, its harder to balance the books and service the debt and its hard to even make the over inflated sums available for quality new additions.

It could all be fine of course. We might win the league next year and Rashford will win the Ballon D'or and all of us here will be eating humble pie. But at this point in time, what exactly indicates that this is going to be the case, based on the form at the end of last season?

It's effectively gambling and doing so in a stupid manner, we will see where it takes us. I'm sure that the Glazers and Woodward know that eventually if things do not improve they can always just use the escape hatch, sell the club as it will still be valuable to the right investors. They will sell the club with its accumulated debt at no risk to their own personal finances. They will have done their job ie. made a huge amount of money from the club and got out while the going was relatively good. It's win-win from their perspective. It certainly isn't from a fans though.

Which is why everyone should be concerned if Rashford; a talented, promising and very inconsistent player, suddenly wins a contract that puts him on a par with the top earners in world football.
Scary stuff. Like the ominous quote "too big to fail"

roonster09

Scout
Sanchez is on 500k. Do we need to give Pogba and DDG that amount too? Why Martial has to be the standard if we all know it was a bad practice.
Martial is standard as they are both same level players, you can't give 250k to 1 player and assume the other one will be ok with 80-100k when they are at same level, nearly same age, same contributions.

Right or wrong we have made the mess with few contracts. Again all this is based on nothing but sun reports.

roonster09

Scout
True - such poor judgement on financial matters since Sir Alex went and to be fair to David Moyes, I don't think he would have brought in all the under-achievers, misfits and mercenaries and advocated paying the kind of monopoly money United have become noted for the last 5 years or so.
Yeah we have made so many mistakes its unreal. No wonder we have fallen so low and takes time to clean this.

GGM20

In all honesty, if we're not going to replace Lukaku with a proven striker, I much rather see Martial given the chance as our main central striker than Rashford. We already gave him a big contract and he is objectively a better player than Rashford. Much better: first touch, finishing, dribbling, link-up play/passing. The only thing Rashford has over him is that he's faster (and, if we're being honest, that he's English, which is why he gets hyped up when he does just okay and more leeway when he's in a slump), but Martial is not slow by any means. If we're intent on developing a young main striker that has potential, I much rather invest the time on Martial as our main striker than on Rashford. We gave Rashford 10+ games as our central striker and he did okay, but was not nearly good enough for what we need him to be. I'd like to see Martial given that same sample size and see what he produces.

Right now, we're giving the central striker job to an inferior player and letting another young player with even more potential wither away on the left wing. I much rather do the inverse. Play Martial up top and have Rashford play on the wing and use his speed to track back and break quickly on counters where he'll run into less defenders than when he is trying to counter centrally. In an ideal world, I rather see both of them play in a front 2 with a diamond in the midfield, but we would need a (much) better CDM and MUCH better left/right backs (Shaw is also not nearly good enough (when's the last time he put a decent cross in? 2016?), but that's a discussion for another day).

Stacks

In all honesty, if we're not going to replace Lukaku with a proven striker, I much rather see Martial given the chance as our main central striker than Rashford. We already gave him a big contract and he is objectively a better player than Rashford. Much better: first touch, finishing, dribbling, link-up play/passing. The only thing Rashford has over him is that he's faster (and, if we're being honest, that he's English, which is why he gets hyped up when he does just okay and more leeway when he's in a slump), but Martial is not slow by any means. If we're intent on developing a young main striker that has potential, I much rather invest the time on Martial as our main striker than on Rashford. We gave Rashford 10+ games as our central striker and he did okay, but was not nearly good enough for what we need him to be. I'd like to see Martial given that same sample size and see what he produces.

Right now, we're giving the central striker job to an inferior player and letting another young player with even more potential wither away on the left wing. I much rather do the inverse. Play Martial up top and have Rashford play on the wing and use his speed to track back and break quickly on counters where he'll run into less defenders than when he is trying to counter centrally. In an ideal world, I rather see both of them play in a front 2 with a diamond in the midfield, but we would need a (much) better CDM and MUCH better left/right backs (Shaw is also not nearly good enough (when's the last time he put a decent cross in? 2016?), but that's a discussion for another day).
The highlighted bit. objectively yes, but it is meaningless without the application. Why does Rashford contribute the exact same as Martial in goal contributions?
Martial hardly ever takes his man on anymore. No point having these powers without utilising them

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm happy to lose him IF the demands the media says he wants is true. We can get twice the player for that sort of salary.