The thought of losing Rashford

Sing you a song

Taken me a while to notice - but a lot of people who post here, especially in the negative toward your Rashfords - well, they ain't so much United fans as they are pieces of shit who we're better off without.

I'd rather have less pieces of shit never-been-to-old-trafford-cnuts than I would lose a real good boy like Marcus.

Seriously though - I can barley stomach this forum these days - feck off you whiny pieces of shit. Go somewhere else. You're awful, you're worse than the Glazers. If it makes you feel better, call me a top red. You're a dog of a fan. Go suck a dick.
Wow what a well thought out , eloquent ( look it up ) piece of inspirational writing !
Tell me did you get that refund from the charm school ?

wolvored

£350 grand a week? If we end up giving him that and won't give de gea what he wants then this club is doomed to failure over and over again. We should take a stance, get rid of Sanchez and tell 'Rashy' to go find a club who will pay him that obscene amount for his little return on the pitch

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
£350 grand a week? If we end up giving him that and won't give de gea what he wants then this club is doomed to failure over and over again. We should take a stance, get rid of Sanchez and tell 'Rashy' to go find a club who will pay him that obscene amount for his little return on the pitch
This. 350k a week? Got to be kidding me. Show him the fecking door if this is true news.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Despite the fact it's The Sun and The Metro the fact he hast signed means there's no smoke without fire.

I do think he's got a lot of potential, but only gamblers (poor) would pay through the nose for potential.

At Spurs, Son is on £150k a week. If Rashford even career peaks at Son level, let's face it, we'd be in dreamland.

As it is, Rashfords spent much of the season struggling to be even half as good as Son. A bumper contract from the club would be idiocy, though we likely won't be privy to the performance related details of it. It's a ridiculous situation. Ideally, we wouldn't lose him. But the club has to put an end to the madness and draw a line somewhere or these kinds of stories will become more and more commonplace.

Hughie77

If he wants silly money , fecking sell him and tell him that. We got to many of those coming to club now, or pay him a bonus on goals from free kicks? Then see how many hit row fecking z.
Fed up with these players now, just fecking play your on obscene money now, wants more.?

red4ever 79

The thought of losing Rashy keeps me awake at night. Please Mr Woodward, we must keep this teenage academy prodigy at all costs. The future of the club

manesh

Give him £350k per week and we will suffer long term - especially if he gets complacent and doesn't develop.

If that's what he wants and won't be reasonable to a club that has given him a fantastic opportunity and life so far, I'd take the money.£100m with a first refusal clause?

We are not winning the league in the next year or 2, so let's allow the cash seekers to go, and build with a proper structure.

I would defo prefer someone like Vardy to come in and help Greenwood develop, whilst improving us immediately

sp_107

If Woody learnt anything in last 6 years he should give 350K contract to Rashford. He is not worth it and it will cause trouble from other average players demanding more and some sort of friction with in the teammates.

When we needed his goals where was he in last 15 games of last season?
We can sign someone like Seb Haller on 150K a week as he will have motivation to play well to earn 200K contract, We need this kind of thinking at board level and Rashford is not Messi or Hazard to fret over losing him.

Jibbs

With his kind of performances... the kid deserves nothing more than 150k, and that too counting he is english and more marketable. If he is stalling on contract, I'd rather sell him.this year, and get some young talented, hungry player instead.

Foxbatt

He is just an average striker. We did not give DeGea anything close to it and to give Rashford that kind of money is utter madness. We will get a world class striker for that kind of money.

-Supreme-

He has 2 years remaining from his current contract so I'd wait and see how he develops this season before giving him a big pay rise.

This will be his 5th season playing in the senior squad and theres nowhere to hide now, time to show what he's made of.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If we do lose Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku and ideally Sanchez this summer it's an opportunity to start bringing our wages down to more realistic levels for the level of performance we're actually getting.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Fair way to think about it. And Ed would love the savings I'm sure.
Ed probably won't consider it and continue rewarding dross like Rojo with new deals far above the market rate. It should be a chance for someone to earn the right to be our top earner.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Ed probably won't consider it and continue rewarding dross like Rojo with new deals far above the market rate. It should be a chance for someone to earn the right to be our top earner.
True. I guess only once in recent memory did throwing big bucks at a player from the get go actually make sense and that was RvP. I can't think of anyone else in recent memory who ended up earning their money from the get go.

Water Melon

If Rashy really wants 300k a week, he can feck off. Good luck with getting those wages and similar playing time at Barca. Unfeckingbelievable. A local lad they said, an academy product they said, bleeds United red they said, while he said: "300k a week".

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Doubt it’s true....these kind of demands are usually only backed up when there’s an offer of something similar from another club....and no other club is going anywhere near half of that.

It’s mostly just the papers capitalising on United fan’s despair and piling more fecking misery clicks onto us

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
£350k :lol:

That can't be true, no way. He scored 13 goals last season FFS!

Although Lingard is apparently getting a raise after scoring 5 so who knows :nervous:

Cloud7

English players "who play for us", is a definite thing.

Check the stick lingard rashy jones smalling and young get
That’s because bar Rashford they’re all bang average, or in the case of young, abysmal. When we had quality English players like Rooney, Carrick, Rio etc no one disliked them. It just so happens that these players are not very good and thus not very well liked. It’s not even exclusive to them. I don’t see anyone disliking Jones more than Rojo, or Lingard more than Sanchez.

predator

Youth NITK
Wow his whole entourage have not played this well. If he is after that amount of money then the fans will not let it go and the club will surely tell him to feck off and he will be a disliked figure by the only club he has ever played for.

Sad really if true but I have doubts over its credibility - which football club in world football would pay rashford even 200k a week? I cant think of one. Woodward and co are a terrible board but I reckon even they know this is an extortionate I'll judged demand from Rashfords agent/advisors.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The fear I have, although its a bit unfounded, is that its all gone to Rashfords head a bit.

His demeanor on the pitch, the too cool for school bromance with Lingard, the difficulty in signing a new contract.

The reality is, at this stage, if the club was functioning properly, that Rashford should be no more than a squad player, continuing his development. I think thats what his form justifies.

The fact that he's first choice for Utd, despite yo-yo form (expected of a 21 year old), it all seems to have gone to his head to me.

The difficulty it also creates now is that, if we sign a first choice striker, his nose will be bent firmly out of joint.

In hindsight, he should have spent another couple of years playing from the left and occasionally up top, and continued his development. (Sanchez :mad:)

But if he's really asking for £300k+ a week, at this stage of his career then ship him off.

wolvored

If we do lose Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku and ideally Sanchez this summer it's an opportunity to start bringing our wages down to more realistic levels for the level of performance we're actually getting.
Agreed. I wouldnt say anything if we had for example, Hazard playing for us and getting £350 grand a week and we could say to the rest, when you perform like him consistantly you will get the same, but not until.

FrenchRed

Let him go to Barcelona. Wouldn't give it a second thought if he left, he can even take Lingard with him for free.

350k p/w HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, seriously, he's produced very little for us so far and is at the very start of his career, but already has ideas above his station.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The fear I have, although its a bit unfounded, is that its all gone to Rashfords head a bit.

His demeanor on the pitch, the too cool for school bromance with Lingard, the difficulty in signing a new contract.

The reality is, at this stage, if the club was functioning properly, that Rashford should be no more than a squad player, continuing his development. I think thats what his form justifies.

The fact that he's first choice for Utd, despite yo-yo form (expected of a 21 year old), it all seems to have gone to his head to me.

The difficulty it also creates now is that, if we sign a first choice striker, his nose will be bent firmly out of joint.

In hindsight, he should have spent another couple of years playing from the left and occasionally up top, and continued his development. (Sanchez :mad:)

But if he's really asking for £300k+ a week, at this stage of his career then ship him off.
100%. I totally agree with all of that.

Devils11

I don't blame him. Another example of failure by our board. He is on low wages contract since 2016. Why didn't he get a new 4 yrs contract in 2018 when he was clearly one of our better and younger players? Can we blame him for wanting a bigger wages now when he knew he can get more money when his contract expires?
Let's say his transfer fee is 60m now. That is 15m per year (300k per week) for a 4 year contract. The transfer fee that clubs save would cover his entire wages if he goes free next summer.