The thought of losing Rashford

Jibbs

Can the OP please change the thread title? It's not like we are losing Becks or CR. An inconsistent young player who thinks he has made it. Who on his best days is a 7/10 and on his worst days is a -1/10. Our own Theo Walcott. A guy who has very low football IQ. Trash on set pieces. Can't dribble, can't pass. Has serious tunnel vision. Somebody please send him on the next available flight to Barcelona.
And please stop with the 'he is anti-english' thing. People are not against english players. The greatest United player is an Englishman. They are against mediocre players. And Rashford and his buddy 'J-Lingz' are the definition of mediocrity. And the only people defending them are those who see some non existent 'potential' in them.
Summed it up perfectly.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Can the OP please change the thread title? It's not like we are losing Becks or CR. An inconsistent young player who thinks he has made it. Who on his best days is a 7/10 and on his worst days is a -1/10. Our own Theo Walcott. A guy who has very low football IQ. Trash on set pieces. Can't dribble, can't pass. Has serious tunnel vision. Somebody please send him on the next available flight to Barcelona.
And please stop with the 'he is anti-english' thing. People are not against english players. The greatest United player is an Englishman. They are against mediocre players. And Rashford and his buddy 'J-Lingz' are the definition of mediocrity. And the only people defending them are those who see some non existent 'potential' in them.
People(Wannabe True Reds) will shit on this post but i share the same thoughts. Sometimes it feels like we aren't allowed to criticize homegrown players on this forum. I only have a problem with his ego. He believed his own hype imo and now these rumors of him wanting a pay rise. He has literally done nothing for us yet his attitude on the pitch, decision making says otherwise.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Christ almighty, we aren’t potentially losing another Giggs or CR7, the kid is a good player, nothing more. If we get good money for him or want to move another academy kid up, we should shift him immediately.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I could never place it why but never once in his entire time here i thought he was united quality. At his full potential will be a midtable striker.
Sometimes very frustrating to watch. He gets away with lots of things because he is english, its almost like people are afraid to acknowledge he is average just because he came through the academy.
Certainly not 60k p/w player nevermind 100k p/w and dont even get me started on his recent 300k p/w demands.
50mil is great money.
200 games and 45 goals over 4 seasons of being apex of our attack says a lot of our club that prioritize footballing image more than trophies.
It has to stop, we aren't winning left right and center anymore to take slow calm approach by developing youth and playing the traditional football. The footballing world eclipsing us every season we give players like this chances after chances to impress.
We need to be ruthless in our pursuit of our glory days.

15 goals per season strikers are plenty and they might even come with some footballing brain when to shoot or when to do simple passes. You don't have to play 250 PL games to know the basics to decide when to pass a simple short ball to set up a tap-in for team mate instead of taking so many over confident 25 yard shots thats end up no where.

Rant over.

Morpheus 7

He could be a problem, much depend on his wage demand. I'm not sure how people can neglect this aspect. Or are you on the "do everything to keep him here" brigade?
There is no evidence he's looking for the wages being quoted by a few rubbish tabloids. The 'do everything to keep him here' brigade as you call them just believe shite rumours.

Morpheus 7

If he cares so much about the club why is he demanding 300k a week or move to Barca?

The only defence of Rashford is people projecting about the player he might become in 4 or 5 years. If he develops into the player you think he will then I'll have no problem giving him 200k+. But fans are sick of rank mediocrity getting rewarded with monster contracts and then not delivering. We have the 2nd highest wage bill in all of world football but finish 6th in the premier league, it's a disgrace.
We have the second highest wage bill because of dross like three chuckle brothers, Young, Darmian and Rojo. An actual starter who is our best player when the team are on it should be rewarded. Everybody just believes the wage demands. Sanchez is on a fortune and others make it up, our wage bill is a mess and it's not because of Marcus Rashford. I wish people would just say they don't rate Rashford and want someone else in rather than tip toeing around it. This place is frustrated and the younger players are been dug out, maybe we should looking at why our senior players didn't contribute more last season. Marcus is the future and one of the few things to be optimistic about going forward.

PaulRich

I'd be gutted at this stage- Marcus needs to cut the bullshit out of his life, listen to his coaches over agents and knuckle down to so serious self development over the next couple of seasons. There's a top drawer player in there if he plays it right.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If he continues on fine same trajectory he is currently on, when will his apologists finally say that we need to move on? Ever? There is no fault pining after a certain player, especially homegrown, but there will come a time when every player needs to be moved on.

To the apologists & piners, when would y’all finally say that we should cut him?

In Rainbows

Rashford should be making the same money as Ashley Young (which is too much for Young). It shouldn't be anything more. Having said that, it's weird to want Rashford gone. He would be a great squad player if he gets a little better, which is more than possible given that he's only 21.

Our wage structure is awful due to players like Ashley Young, who has had awful performances year after year, which should lower his wage demands should he have left United. This is why players like Martial got the wages he got, and why Rashford wants his wages raised to that level.

Get rid of the deadwood. Send a message that we won't accept mediocrity. Sadly, we would have to pay out Young as nobody will want him on his current wages.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Wow some of you are harsh. He’s 21 he’s been made to play 3 different styles under 3 different managers, he been put in 3 different positions. There has been no consistency to his development and yet people here want to get rid because he’s not performing consistently at an elite level.

I think getting rid now would be very short sighted, the guy is clearly gifted and has scored some amazing goals. If this is the way he is treated by some of you I dread to think what will happen to James here if and when he has an off form patch.

Young players are inconsistent, your club has been massively inconsistent in terms of manager, style and tactics. It’s hardly surprising Rashford has struggled for periods.

haram

If you think Rashford's potential is non existent you are seriously deluded.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If we replace him with someone decent I wouldn't mind. And if he flourishes, is just put it down to the absence of Lingard so wouldn't feel bitter because no one is buying that idiot.

VJ1762

We are going to lose David fecking De Gea, and people here are losing their minds about the possibility of Rashford leaving. We can find any number of sprinters like him in the EPL for much lower wage demands. We are going to start next season with 'Rashy' up front and Sergio romero/Dean Henderson at the back, with any combination of Jones/smalling/lindelof in defence. Next season looks over before it has even begun. Forget top 4, will we even crack the top 6?

VJ1762

If you think Rashford's potential is non existent you are seriously deluded.
Potential is subjective. For you, he might look like a world class prospect. For me, he just looks like another run-of-the-mill player. With him as our striker, we won't go anywhere next season.

OldTrevil

I find it very hard to believe that Barca or any other big club for that matter are interested in this kid. He'll more than likely be here next season, I just hope to God someone takes him off freekicks. I can deal with all his other bad play for the time being, but his row z bound Ronaldo impressions are completely repulsive.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Weird one. I don't think he's ever (consistently) shown that he's capable of growth similar to Rooney and Ronaldo. However, you can't shake the feeling that there's something about him which makes him the ideal candidate to follow in their paths - is that due to sentimentality? We are a very sentimental bunch.

R'hllor

People worry more about certain players leaving than about reasons why, how we got to that position etc.

-Supreme-

If we lower our expectations and use him as a squad player then he would be a really useful player for us.

The real problem starts when we gave him no. 10 shirt, and giving him a starring role at United.

He needs to understand his core strengths and work on those areas but the media hype has got to him to believe he is something that he isn't capable of and this has greatly reflected in the performances delivered for us last season.

dove

You are not going to be very popular here even though it's mostly true :lol: I bet Chelsea forum had a similar thread about Hazard meanwhile we do as well, about Rashy, the player who we can easily replace. If we get a good offer (and I seriously doubt that we will, Barca is surely not interested) then we should sell. However I fear that we will bow to his wage demands and will soon hear about the contract extension with something like £250k/week which would be madness. My biggest fear is that Rashy will be our main striker next season. That would be unbearable to watch.

Keefy18

Wouldn't be bothered really I don't think.

He's not going to be a 20-25 goal a season type forward based on what we've seen so far.

His ego seems to be getting worse by the day having been around that other immature gimp Lingard!

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
On the footballing level, rashford is still inconsistent and has had more bad games than good for us. He has lots of potential and who knows what he can become.

Losing rashford only worries me because it would symbolize how low we’ve fallen, when a local lad from Manchester who grew up dreaming of lighting up Old Trafford actually considers moving to another club for success.

The Nani

You are not going to be very popular here even though it's mostly true :lol: I bet Chelsea forum had a similar thread about Hazard meanwhile we do as well, about Rashy, the player who we can easily replace. If we get a good offer (and I seriously doubt that we will, Barca is surely not interested) then we should sell. However I fear that we will bow to his wage demands and will soon hear about the contract extension with something like £250k/week which would be madness. My biggest fear is that Rashy will be our main striker next season. That would be unbearable to watch.
It really should be everyone’s biggest fear for next season. It’d actually be more detrimental to the side than Young at RB again. The fact that people rate him as a striker is baffling. I hope Ole wises up quick if that’s the case.

SCJY

I personally wouldn't be bothered if he is sold, but I would be quite disappointed on a number of levels if he left for free.

He's in his last year of a contract, right? So how much is he worth? If United could get £60-80m for him, I think that would be good business.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
'Potential' - if you guys rely on it, prepare to be mediocre for a very long time.

You need players that are good enough now. And Rashford is not. The biggest problem with 'potential' is that you don't really know who actually has it, and who doesn't. Very often players that become world class are not those who you would predict, and more often then not players who look good young simply flame out. I'd seriously wager at least one player from the U23s you've let go this summer will go on to have a better career than Rashford.

Stadjer

On the footballing level, rashford is still inconsistent and has had more bad games than good for us. He has lots of potential and who knows what he can become.

Losing rashford only worries me because it would symbolize how low we’ve fallen, when a local lad from Manchester who grew up dreaming of lighting up Old Trafford actually considers moving to another club for success.
For success? Isnt it about money?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Weird one. I don't think he's ever (consistently) shown that he's capable of growth similar to Rooney and Ronaldo. However, you can't shake the feeling that there's something about him which makes him the ideal candidate to follow in their paths - is that due to sentimentality? We are a very sentimental bunch.
Completely down to sentimentality. Even if he turns out to be a good player there is no way he’s turning out as good as them - well certainly not Ronaldo and I would put my house on that.

Mick1

Let s see the offers we get for him this summer, they will all be from significantly better teams Than us which will tell us a lot about the absolute state of this thread.

Re Martial.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
For success? Isnt it about money?
I guess I choose to believe that if we were competing at the top, he wouldn’t be considering it. Like you don’t get many Madrid, Barcelona or City players angling for moves to other clubs for a raise.

NJM78

Would not lose any sleep whether he stays or leaves. Good player but nothing special.

manunited1919

I wouldn’t want him to leave, he can be a good player for us. But I would rather he be sold this summer than have him as our main striker next season. He has already shown he cannot do it successfully and consistently at this stage.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He would probably do better at another big club as it stands, where he would have to compete for a place and where the fans are less forgiving. Whether they are seriously interested at the prices being quoted is another matter.

After some (ok a lot) of his performances it's easy to forget the quality that he does have, which is on display during the purple patches. When he's on form he's actually very high quality and there was a reason that Henry described him as 'unplayable' and also Ronaldo name checking him when he was asked about future potential best players in the world.

What is so harmful to him and to us at present is too much, too soon. Was given the #10 shirt too soon, is pushing for exorbitant wages too soon. Is being treated like an undroppable team player without showing anything like the kind of consistency that's warranted it. Factor in the overhyping in the press and a lack of spine in the managing and coaching departments and you have what we have now. A very talented, but extremely inconsistent player whose attitude seems to often be off on the pitch.

You get the feeling the right manager and the right people around him you would have a serious player on your hands. I'm not sure if I have the faith in Ole to be that manager though. Some of Rashford's performances last season warranted a 'hairdryer' treatment, yet all the signals coming from the club indicate he is 'first name on the teamsheet/most important player'. This has to stop. Post February (I think) last season his form dropped off a cliff and there is not enough pressure on him to fight to get it back.

The contract situation is a large problem. How do you keep a player like that hungry if you give them 250k p/w that is not in the slightest deserved? Unfortunately tone's been set with the Martial contract so we have dug this hole ourselves.

tldr Rashford might become a better player if he leaves. The way he is being managed has encouraged his downwards trajectory.

Fosu-Mens

Selling Rashford is far down on the list of players in the squad that should be sold.
Given that these rumours might be the typical "linked to another club, I want a large new contract" tactic I am not particularly worried.
If the case is that he refuses to resign unless he is given stupid money in wages, then we are better of selling him this window.

Shaidabdullah Hussain

I think he’s had a bit of a frustrating year (as has pretty much all of the rest of the team!) and isn’t ready to be our main striker. I do however think it would be horrible to see him go to Barcelona and improve the way he should do here.