The thought of losing Rashford

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think he’s replaceable, but we have enough rebuilding on our plate already. Plus it would hurt to lose one academy graduate that can actually become a mainstay in our side for years (Pogba aside).

Didn’t know that he has only 1 year left on his contract. We’re a mess.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Is there anyone reliable saying they want him or is it just the same sources that would have us buying 100 different players this summer.
I'm sure other clubs would be interested, so I don't immediately discount the various rumor tweets.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Didn’t know that he has only 1 year left on his contract. We’re a mess
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that.

In making offers the club will be looking at performance, league position, European qualification, etc., and offering current players what they feel is deserved based on that.

The players will be looking at how much the club makes and what others are paid and demanding more than they are worth because United is a big club with loadsamoney.

goin4glory

This thread is proof that this forum is away to shit the last few years. People that want Rashford gone or not bothered if he goes don't get United in my opinion. Each to there own and all but Marcus is one of the only genuine things at United.

He's only 21 and can has scored past everyone in this league. There is definitely room for improvement but Rashford in 4 years will be one of the best about I think. Yes his free kick taking and finishing can be improved on but I doubt anyone cares as much as him about the club. I remember Ronaldo being incredibly frustrating at his age, you could see the talent. I'm not saying he'll be that level but putting perspective of where he is. We played our best football under Ole when Rashford was at it, he definitely was carrying an injury since the Liverpool game. This place is becoming disheartening, the players aren't the only the problem with the club at the minute.
If he cares so much about the club why is he demanding 300k a week or move to Barca?

The only defence of Rashford is people projecting about the player he might become in 4 or 5 years. If he develops into the player you think he will then I'll have no problem giving him 200k+. But fans are sick of rank mediocrity getting rewarded with monster contracts and then not delivering. We have the 2nd highest wage bill in all of world football but finish 6th in the premier league, it's a disgrace.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Both Graham Hunter and Andy Mitten(plus persistent rumors in literally every newspaper including English and Spanish newspapers) that Barcelona want Rashford.

Just because you people don't think he's good enough for Barcelona or will be good enough for Barcelona in future doesn't mean the media links to him are false.

arthurka

His movement and pace in behind defenses would be great for Barca. Imagine Messing feeding him through balls. Even with average finishing, he would score a lot. He's also hard working and can press from the front.
With Suárez aging I can see this happening, he will offer just that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Both Graham Hunter and Andy Mitten(plus persistent rumors in literally every newspaper including English and Spanish newspapers) that Barcelona want Rashford.

Just because you people don't think he's good enough for Barcelona or will be good enough for Barcelona in future doesn't mean the media links to him are false.
We do love to put our own down. And i dare say a lot would be surprised at how highly he's rated elsewhere.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Welbeck played in a better United of course but we were not relying on him to score goals for us, we had much better players in his position. I think the main reason Rashford scored a few more goals is because we rely on him to do so and it's just wrong. I think we manage Rashford's development hilariously bad and reports of Ole seeing him as our main striker next season is worrying. He should be our rotation player but I fear he will be like Lingard, forever young and talented.
Yep it is a bit worrying that we seem to think of him as the main striker now.
As limited as Lukaku is you knew he'd score plenty with the right chances. It's less certain with rashy.

I think him and martial should both be options rather than definite starters for a top team.

KM

We do love to put our own down. And i dare say a lot would be surprised at how highly he's rated elsewhere.
Oh absolutely. It's a myth that academy players are overrated on here.

KM

I think he’s replaceable, but we have enough rebuilding on our plate already. Plus it would hurt to lose one academy graduate that can actually become a mainstay in our side for years (Pogba aside).

Didn’t know that he has only 1 year left on his contract. We’re a mess.
It's one plus one. We have the option to extend it to 2021.

Walters_19_MuFc

The fact that Barcelona, and other top clubs in Europe want him, says it all really. Is he the finished article? No. Far from it! He has to improve but I get the feeling that Rashford is desperate to improve and I for one hope Ole gives him a chance to do so.

bleedred

It will be just like when we sold welbeck and people lost their heads for a couple weeks. Once he started playing for Arsenal, they joined in the laughter with everyone else!

KM

There's more chance of me playing for Barca than RashBonglahor. Him and his agent can do one if they think he deserves some huge pay rise after last season. Sell him and be done with it.
The state of this post.

RashBonglahor? Christ.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Barcelona will need to offer minimum £100m for our board to have a think about it even if he only has 1 year left because he’s part of the manager’s plan being the first choice striker and it’s not like he said or indicated that he wants to leave. I think Rashford will stay since he’s through all through United, the club will offer him new contract in October or November. The issue is how much he will ask for his salary, we all know our players nowadays are taking advantage of how bizarre our board is in negotiating contract especially with the player only less than a year left in their contract.

Kemizee

Transfer rumors and basically not going to happen. What business has Rashford with a team like Barca? Where exactly is he gonna play?

He is going nowhere. His agent has stirred this up. He is an 'okay' player who should have a squad role and develop appropriately but to think that this guy is our No. 10 shows the extent to which our club have fallen.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Herrera and rashford out and a James in. Well done

caid

No one is going to get within a million miles of the wages hes looking for. I'd say its a safe bet no one is going to get that close to the wages we offered him either. If he wants to move for football reasons then we have 2 years to fix the football side of the club with him on a pretty low wage. Paying him 300k a week really wont help fix the wider team in the slightest so thats the one thing i wouldn't do.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It will be just like when we sold welbeck and people lost their heads for a couple weeks. Once he started playing for Arsenal, they joined in the laughter with everyone else!
Those days were ridiculous. He'd score one of his small handful a season, and the threads would be awash with what a mistake it was.

32 goals in 5 years for Arsenal later, and I don't think anyone would be brave enough to argue that now.

Will Singh

I think he's just getting with the times, spreading rumours to get a mega contract. Back in the days he would have got a slap but with our setup now he'll probably get what he wants as Ole wants to rebuild with young players and Rash fits that profile.

liamp

It would be great if this thread and the Youth. Courage. Success thread were permanently next to each other.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes

On the contrary Graham Hunter has actually said this about the Barca rumours

"Hunter concluded that the reports were likely spread to either help RashBonglahor in his contract negotiations with the club, or the result of “guesswork."

source:
https://www.offtheball.com/soccer/cant-see-rashford-going-barcelona-graham-hunter-841841

RuudTom83

I have no real connection to any player in the squad, so every one of them has a price as far as I’m concerned.

I don’t believe Barca are interested, but IF they are and willing to pay a decent fee THEN it would be very interesting to see how he gets on at the Camp Nou.

KM

On the contrary Graham Hunter has actually said this about the Barca rumours

"Hunter concluded that the reports were likely spread to either help RashBonglahor in his contract negotiations with the club, or the result of “guesswork."

source:
https://www.offtheball.com/soccer/cant-see-rashford-going-barcelona-graham-hunter-841841
Even then Mitten, English media and catalan media has continuously said Barcelona is interested in Rashford. If you read the article that you linked it even says that Hunter thinks that Rashford has the perfect profile for what Barcelona wants.

Also nice banter there with RashBonglahor stuff.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Just because you people don't think he's good enough for Barcelona or will be good enough for Barcelona in future doesn't mean the media links to him are false
That's a good point. Big clubs have always this "surprise" signings in them, players most people think would struggle playing for them.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I wouldn't be so sure. Graham Hunter has been saying for months that he's been told by people at Barcelona that the interest is very real.
They seem him as a future star but won't pay the kind of money United would demand.

Personally I'd be absolutely gutted if United let him go and would be surprised if he's not one of the best in the world in 2 or 3 years.

People seem to forget how young he is and judge him very harshly imo.
Or maybe due to his age you are cutting him some slack. I would be stunned if he flourished enough to be world class. Your views seem like they were derived from a fantasy land.

Wilt

I have no real connection to any player in the squad, so every one of them has a price as far as I’m concerned.
Me too.

Rooney, RVP, Valencia and Zlatan were probably the last Utd players I felt any connection with and I wouldn’t be fussed about keeping any of the current squad.

I don’t see Rashford as being crucial to Utd’s future and If we can get a good price for him then great.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
While I don’t think losing him as a footballer would be a big issue it doesn’t send a very good message if our star academy graduate, who’s also a fan of the club, leaves to another team.