The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah, and you weren't lucky with Lamela. Just bore off dude rather showing up and trying to wind things up.
We were lucky with Lamela yeah but it was 100% a red for Martial. Just like it was 100% a red for Shaw's awful tackle but you got away with that - Bailly should have walked also.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We were lucky with Lamela yeah but it was 100% a red for Martial. Just like it was 100% a red for Shaw's awful tackle but you got away with that - Bailly should have walked also.
Seriously? Bailly and Shaw is not happening with 11v 11 or 10 v 10. It was out of frustration for the decision being gone against and already down by 3 goals.

No VAR and it was a 50-50 game.

Irwin99

Fatigue with the Europa league might be an issue but they do look like they have a very good squad. It'll be interesting to see what impact Bale has (could go either way).

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Seriously? Bailly and Shaw is not happening with 11v 11 or 10 v 10. It was out of frustration for the decision being gone against and already down by 3 goals.

No VAR and it was a 50-50 game.
Oh come on mate, we were absolutely hammering you before the red card.

KetilOwren88

Haha, it’s never a red for Shaw. It’s a professional foul and sabotage, but the tackle is neither dangerous or ruining a clear chance of goal. Saying United were lucky with today’s ref is just provoking. Like your manager

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Haha, it’s never a red for Shaw. It’s a professional foul and sabotage, but the tackle is neither dangerous or ruining a clear chance of goal. Saying United were lucky with today’s ref is just provoking. Like your manager
Are you for real? If that had been a Spurs player you would have been screaming for a red card. It was 100% a red.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Spurs do have a very strong squad now, they could field this side from players who didn't start today:

Hart; Doherty, Alderweireld, Tanganga, Davies; Winks, Lo Celso, Dele; Bale, Bergwijn, Lucas/Vinicius

Lloris, Son and Kane are the only real definite starters, maybe Bale too if he's like his old self. The rest you can chop and change depending on the game/what form they're in etc without much fuss.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You genuinely think you’re going to be in title contention? Fecking hell :lol:
Yeah why not? I dont see many stronger squads than we have in the league. You may disagree and thats fine but I dont see how this is a crazy opinion.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I told you before. Jose built a pretty good team there and they are playing nice football. Typical Jose's second season. Imo, they will be in top 4.

Flexdegea

It's still Liverpool's title to lose. Having said that, I think we are capable of a title challenge. Our squad is ridiculously strong now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess I was right about the foaming.

Played well today but dont get too ahead, was a mix of diabolical defending and quality Son

NinjaFletch

I think they're a good side, and I have a horrible feeling will have a lot of eating humble pie (including some Spurs fans!) about how finished Mourinho supposedly is.

No you were not. It was a close game. You are blinded by 1 min bombardement that ended with the red card. Why are you Spurs fans always this arrogant
Mate, they could have been about 5-1 up. Let it go, you just look silly.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yeah why not? I dont see many stronger squads than we have in the league. You may disagree and thats fine but I dont see how this is a crazy opinion.
You’re not being objective, and just being massively giddy because of one freak result. Jose will try to win the Europa. You won’t sustain a league challenge on that basis. You’ve already dropped ‘silly’ points this season, that will be the norm.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Never a red for Martial (or both get red) but Shaw's tackle is a red. From behind without trying to get a,ball. It is a red any other day

KetilOwren88

I think they're a good side, and I have a horrible feeling will have a lot of eating humble pie (including some Spurs fans!) about how finished Mourinho supposedly is.

Mate, they could have been about 5-1 up. Let it go, you just look silly.
I ment before the sending off. No way they could be 5-1 up before the red

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
:lol: ok mate have it your way. I get that you are salty and still upset its fine.
Seriously again ? No one gives for shots or ball possession for 28 mins. A whole 60 mins was yet to played.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You’re not being objective, and just being massively giddy because of one freak result. Jose will try to win the Europa. You won’t sustain a league challenge on that basis. You’ve already dropped ‘silly’ points this season, that will be the norm.
I'm basing it on the strength of our window and the depth of quality we now have all over the pitch and in the squad. Which teams would you say have a stronger squad than us at the moment?

NinjaFletch

I ment before the sending off. No way they could be 5-1 up before the red
I know, and they had a ridiculous number of good chances before then. We were being absolutely dominated, who knows if we'd have turned it round with 11, but the smart money definitely wasn't on us doing it. Baffling to argue otherwise.

KetilOwren88

I'm basing it on the strength of our window and the depth of quality we now have all over the pitch and in the squad. Which teams would you say have a stronger squad than us at the moment?
Just another biased Tottenham fan. Shocker. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, United (despite) today all have better squad than Spurs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Just another biased Tottenham fan. Shocker. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, United (despite) today all have better squad than Spurs.
Liverpool and City I'll give you. Chelsea don't have a defence and Utd have no strength in depth at all.

KetilOwren88

I know, and they had a ridiculous number of good chances before then. We were being absolutely dominated, who knows if we'd have turned it round with 11, but the smart money definitely wasn't on us doing it. Baffling to argue otherwise.
Yes, they had a one minute bombardement that ended with the Bailly block and sending off. Before that they had the Son chance that were ruined by an awful touch. On another day maybe they could be 3-1 up but 5-1 is way too much. It was not good but never that bad

Judas

Open to offers
Honestly think the result was more on how bad we were than how good Spurs are. They're a good shout for top 4 though, but the competition for that is mad.

KetilOwren88

Liverpool and City I'll give you. Chelsea don't have a defence and Utd have no strength in depth at all.
You know we just finished 3rd and you are playing EL? How is that possible with your world class Tottenham side against no depth United? I agree our depth is not good enough, but that doesn’t make Spurs world beaters. Even with a few new signings. We got two signings in today too.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Spurs fans amongst the most insufferable cnuts on here. Give it large off the back off one result but normally keep a low profile. Very chirpy for a club that wins nothing.

KetilOwren88

Never a red for Martial (or both get red) but Shaw's tackle is a red. From behind without trying to get a,ball. It is a red any other day
It’s cynical but just a professional foul in high speed. It’s not a dangerous tackle, hence the yellow card. That’s how I see it. Of course it’s not pretty.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs fans amongst the most insufferable cnuts on here. Give it large off the back off one result but normally keep a low profile. Very chirpy for a club that wins nothing.
:lol: The salt is marvellous. Look mate you would be rubbing it in rightly if the result was the other way around. It's banter - you will get plenty of chances to rub it into my face over the season.

Castia

Looked good today. A fully fit/committed Deli, Bale and the new striker from Benfica to add as well.

They should be aiming for top 4.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It’s cynical but just a professional foul in high speed. It’s not a dangerous tackle, hence the yellow card. That’s how I see it. Of course it’s not pretty.
By the rules it is a red. I am amazed how it was not today with Var. But again, it was also amazing how Martial got red and Lamela only yellow.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
:lol: The salt is marvellous. Look mate you would be rubbing it in rightly if the result was the other way around. It's banter - you will get plenty of chances to rub it into my face over the season.
Christ, are you the gatekeeper of this thread? I wouldn’t rub it into you if we beat you. You wouldn’t even register as being relevant.