The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

KetilOwren88

By the rules it is a red. I am amazed how it was not today with Var. But again, it was also amazing how Martial got red and Lamela only yellow.
Why is it red? Not aiming for the ball? Because we see those kind if kick downs in every game to stop counter attacks

Giggsyking

Spurs fans amongst the most insufferable cnuts on here. Give it large off the back off one result but normally keep a low profile. Very chirpy for a club that wins nothing.
I agree, not only here, but everywhere, they are the worse type of fans, they act and talk like they won the PL 25 times and the CL 15 times. Shite club with annoying fans.

KetilOwren88

Not aiming the ball and tackle from behind. It is a red card all day long.
So why is it not a red when players do excactly the same in any other game to stop counters? That’s also tacklings from behind with no aiming for the ball. I think the key here is if the challenge is violent (dangerous) or not and both the ref and VAR ment it was nothing more than a professional foul in high speed. And again, it’s a very bad challenge. No doubt about that

Last edited:

djembatheking

feck me , Spurs fans are getting a bit carried away. The Jose implosion will be glorious this season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Even Ole thinks that's going to be a red

Don’t understand why everyone is going crazy over this being a red. It’s just a shithouse tactical foul. Probably a bit harder than it needed to be, but so are a lot of tackles/fouls. I hate tactical fouls, but they’re not a red.

MuFc_1992

Think they have a shot at winning the league this season if Bale is able to perform. The front three of Son, Kane and Bale will have insane productivity and Jose will do the rest with his defensive organization. It would be somewhat poetic for him to win the league this season when most top teams seem to have forgotten what defending is.

Renegade

Don’t understand why everyone is going crazy over this being a red. It’s just a shithouse tactical foul. Probably a bit harder than it needed to be, but so are a lot of tackles/fouls. I hate tactical fouls, but they’re not a red.
Intentionally dangerous? Pull his shirt or clip his heels if you’re going to do the tactical foul. Imagine making a tactical foul at 6-1 anyway. The reason for that tackle was because he got burnt for pace and looked like a mug chasing him down.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That dink from Son was something else. He was under loads of pressure, running full pelt, and had no room to work with. Hard to find that kind of composure.

Ludens the Red

Still not sure about them. Woeful against Everton and couldn’t kill off a pathetic Newcastle. Southampton and our kamakazee defending played into their hands, as well as going down to ten and gifting them two goals. Without a doubt they’ll be devastating on the counter but i think they’ll have problems against the deeper defences. People are talking a lot about the front three but Gareth Bale will miss half of their games this season through injury. With the way this season has started I think it’s best to wait and see. The West Ham game will weirdly be a bigger test than today.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why the feck are their so many Spurs fans in here? Haven’t they got a forum of their own?

For those gloating, your club will never ever win the title. Ever. Even if Liverpool, City & Chelsea are all shit this season, Everton will win it over you, just like Leicester. You will never ever ever win the premier league. Ever ever ever.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Why the feck are their so many Spurs fans in here? Haven’t they got a forum of their own?

For those gloating, your club will never ever win the title. Ever. Even if Liverpool, City & Chelsea are all shit this season, Everton will win it over you, just like Leicester. You will never ever ever win the premier league. Ever ever ever.
So much salty tears.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Special shout out to Hojbjerg who completely dominated your midfield today. Superb performance from him.

BlueHaze

I see the Spurs fans are creaming themselves over their win against this dismantled shite United side and you should be very happy because you know exactly what will happen as time goes by. It will be hilarious once the Jose meltdown begins and Glaston will go to singapore eating nasi goreng for another 6 months.

Son and Kane are phenomenal players though, I'll give you that.

Paul_Scholes18

They may actually get CL football. Don't think they will get top 4, but they could win the Europa league.

Dominos

Not aiming the ball and tackle from behind. It is a red card all day long.
Where in the rules does it say this?

From my understanding red cards tackles are for
deliberate fouls that prevent a clear obvious goalscoring opportunity.
or
fouls that are dangerous/excessive force

Tactical fouls to break up an attack are always a standard yellow.

Some might argue it was a bit forceful for a tactical foul but you'd very rarely see a red card for that.

Loon

:lol:
If Mourinho conforms to previous patterning, Spurs will win something this year and then everyone gets thrown under the bus next year.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Where in the rules does it say this?

From my understanding red cards tackles are for
deliberate fouls that prevent a clear obvious goalscoring opportunity.
or
fouls that are dangerous/excessive force

Tactical fouls to break up an attack are always a standard yellow.

Some might argue it was a bit forceful for a tactical foul but you'd very rarely see a red card for that.
It was a red because it was potentially a dangerous challenge that could have done injury to the player.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
--------------------- Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Reguillon
----- Ndombele- Hojberg - Lo Celso
------------- Bale - Kane - Son

That's an excellent starting XI: very mobile midfield with plenty of steel and creativity, good wingbacks, top 4 GK, and an attack with the potential to score a hatful of goals on a regular basis.

Maybe Sanchez instead of Alderweireld in games when we need a bit more pace at the back.

el3mel

Ndombele situation is the probably the one that I think a lot about when it comes to this Mourinho experience with Spurs. They had big problems last season and Ndombele was about to leave. Enter Levy. Several reports said he arranged several meetings between both to solve the issue and get them both on the line. Now Ndombele looks like a different player, he's playing regularly and starting matches.

Maybe Levy isn't the best chairman, but he has done a fantastic job at handling Mourinho and the team this last year. He managed a fantastic window with barely any funds, and solved Ndombele. He's nit expert in football and sure has problems but compare him to our Ed fecking Woodward for example.

ti vu

Looked good today. A fully fit/committed Deli, Bale and the new striker from Benfica to add as well.

They should be aiming for top 4.
They should be at the stage of trying to win one game at a time and we how they stand compare to the champion. If they're in title challenge position on new year, knowing Mourinho he would push for it.

Mere top 4 last match day achievement would be a let down mentality.

Last edited:

AshRK

We United fans can continue to be bitter about Jose but truth is he is doing a good job especially this season. 2nd season is always special for him and at spurs expectations would not be to win the league so a top 4 and a trophy would be amazing for them.

ti vu

Ndombele situation is the probably the one that I think a lot about when it comes to this Mourinho experience with Spurs. They had big problems last season and Ndombele was about to leave. Enter Levy. Several reports said he arranged several meetings between both to solve the issue and get them both on the line. Now Ndombele looks like a different player, he's playing regularly and starting matches.

Maybe Levy isn't the best chairman, but he has done a fantastic job at handling Mourinho and the team this last year. He managed a fantastic window with barely any funds, and solved Ndombele. He's nit expert in football and sure has problems but compare him to our Ed fecking Woodward for example.
It's like with a debate. You need a good moderator, or you have a neverending argument between 2 sides.

With us, looks like Ed instead of being moderator, he acted as judge. One moment he kicked player off siding with manager. Next he decided to keep the players and forced manager to deal with it. We always look like doing thing contradictory to what manager says about his plan in public.

With Tottenham thus far, even the worst case, it's more in line with players, managers, even Levy side when coming out to public about their direction.

Last edited:

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Spurs fans amongst the most insufferable cnuts on here. Give it large off the back off one result but normally keep a low profile. Very chirpy for a club that wins nothing.
Some of us are no different than ever.

For example, I haven't "given it large", and here you are, being a passive aggressive troll as per normal. I say passive aggressive, a lot of it isn't really even that - it's downright winding people up and being confrontational on purpose.

You'll wind people up and complain about their reaction :rolleyes:

Blood Mage

Still hard to get a good read on what kind of season they'll have. Sticking 11 past Southampton and us isn't a big deal right now to be honest, we are two clubs in complete disarray at the moment. They were very poor against Everton and Newcastle.

caid

We United fans can continue to be bitter about Jose but truth is he is doing a good job especially this season. 2nd season is always special for him and at spurs expectations would not be to win the league so a top 4 and a trophy would be amazing for them.
If we fired Mourinho six months earlier i dont think anyone would argue he did a good job for us. We left it too long and let it get too toxic. We did it to ourselves really.