The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Huge game today against an in-form Chelsea. If we can get a result here it will be a big statement.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Huge game today against an in-form Chelsea. If we can get a result here it will be a big statement.
I don't wanna think about it, I don't think I can even watch it. of all the games I always hate playing Chelsea. A result would be huge, would happily take a draw, sorry I am a coward.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Had a little chuckle at the BBC report currently up, one about Moutinho saying they're a pony in the title horse race.

"This is the first time Tottenham have finished a day top of the league after 10 or more games since January 1985." :eek: :lol:

Do Spurs fans ever just sit back and take a deep breath and wonder how it's got to the situation where if you don't win it this season it will be 60 long years since Spurs last won the league title.

Since 60/61 season amount of league titles won by these clubs:

Man. United- 14 titles
Liverpool- 14
Arsenal- 6
Chelsea- 5
Man. City- 5
Everton- 4
Leeds- 3
Derby County- 2
Aston Villa - 1
Forest- 1
Ipswich- 1
Blackburn- 1
Leicester 1

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Had a little chuckle at the BBC report currently up, one about Moutinho saying they're a pony in the title horse race.

"This is the first time Tottenham have finished a day top of the league after 10 or more games since January 1985." :eek: :lol:

Do Spurs fans ever just sit back and take a deep breath and wonder how it's got to the situation where if you don't win it this season it will be 60 long years since Spurs last won the league title.

Since 60/61 season amount of league titles won by these clubs:

Man. United- 14 titles
Liverpool- 14
Arsenal- 6
Chelsea- 5
Man. City- 5
Everton- 4
Leeds- 3
Derby County- 2
Aston Villa - 1
Forest- 1
Ipswich- 1
Blackburn- 1
Leicester 1
Not really no :lol:.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Really? I'm a bit embarassment my club hasn't won FA cup since 1957 and it's a running joke on our forum of "it's our year" like now just before 3rd round cup draw.

Did Spurs just lack good managers in 70s and 80s as they were always competitive and winning plenty of cup competitions in those times.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Really? I'm a bit embarassment my club hasn't won FA cup since 1957 and it's a running joke on our forum of "it's our year" like now just before 3rd round cup draw.

Did Spurs just lack good managers in 70s and 80s as they were always competitive and winning plenty of cup competitions in those times.
I don't really suffer any embarrassment from football, its just a sport I enjoy watching and I love my club, if it got to the point I suffered mentally I would honestly have to take a look at myself.

After Bill Nick the pickings were pretty slim :lol:.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he won the league this season with Spur, which looks possible, he will go right back up as best manager in the game.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Why would you be embarrassed about something so out of your control?

Sadly, we've never been particularly good in the league. We really should have won a few more in the 60s and 80s when we had a far better team. We've always been far better in the cups (or perhaps more accurate to say not quite consistent enough usually in the league). Still not sure how we didn't win more in the 60s.

If Mourinho does end up winning the league with Spurs though, he'll achieve instant god status with most of us.....There'll still be one or two miserable bastards going on about 'to dare is to do' or whatever.

RashyForPM

Considering that Villa are a big club and known around the world due to the CL (wasn’t called that back then but whatever) win in 1982, that is a shocking stat. 63 years, meaning that even in your heyday you didn’t win one despite the title and CL. I’m surprised.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Considering that Villa are a big club and known around the world due to the CL (wasn’t called that back then but whatever) win in 1982, that is a shocking stat. 63 years, meaning that even in your heyday you didn’t win one despite the title and CL. I’m surprised.
We're just continually rubbish in it. It's actually just two final appearences since the 50s aswell! And we were abysmal in both of those games.

Would like us to have a decent go this year with the better league from as last decade we've either been trying to stay up or go up so have just been putting reserves out and getting knocked out early.

Of course between 2002-08 we also drew you four times in the 3rd round which was estimated at some ridiculous odds of about 10 000/1.

RashyForPM

We're just continually rubbish in it. It's actually just two final appearences since the 50s aswell! And we were abysmal in both of those games.

Would like us to have a decent go this year with the better league from as last decade we've either been trying to stay up or go up so have just been putting reserves out and getting knocked out early.

Of course between 2002-08 we also drew you four times in the 3rd round which was estimated at some ridiculous odds of about 10 000/1.
Tbf, I do find it annoying when we draw a PL club in the 3rd or 4th round. Manager doesn’t know whether to stick or twist in regards to resting players. Wouldn’t want to draw you this year considering your decent start to the season especially. Marine or Chorley will do!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Tbf, I do find it annoying when we draw a PL club in the 3rd or 4th round. Manager doesn’t know whether to stick or twist in regards to resting players. Wouldn’t want to draw you this year considering your decent start to the season especially. Marine or Chorley will do!
Funny you saying that in the Spurs thread! :lol:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Our loanee CM Oliver Skipp is getting rave reviews at table-topping Norwich. Will he be ready to claim a spot in our first XI next season (maybe taking over from Sissoko who will by then have turned 32)?

What do other Spurs fans think?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Our loanee CM Oliver Skipp is getting rave reviews at table-topping Norwich. Will he be ready to claim a spot in our first XI next season (maybe taking over from Sissoko who will by then have turned 32)?

Isnt Winks on the outs under Jose? Skipp will come in as a direct replacement for Winks.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't always sit on a 0-1 as we saw today. Will be 5 points off Liverpool if they win their next two. Got Leicester and Wolves after which they could draw.

Think a few on here seem to be getting carried away/desperate for Mourinho to prove Man. United wrong. Top 4 and winning league cup is still a very good season for them.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

How is he at driving a bus?

Spaghetti

Mom's
I was watching the game on a dodgy stream. Could anybody post a video of Guaitas interview after the game? Please!

izec

Not good enough to win the league. Kane and Son are nice, but that alone wont be enough. Top 4 it is for them, and then going south next season. Jose's biggest achievement.

tomaldinho1

Sit back in the PL on a 1 goal lead at your peril, Jose. Palace always a tricky side but Spurs first half were so comfortable, they still had the chances to win but I don't get why they invited pressure - one thing this Palace team is good at is set pieces and putting balls in the box. The change after the subs just shows there was no need to go so defensive.

I was watching the game on a dodgy stream. Could anybody post a video of Guaitas interview after the game? Please!
'lo siento por el gol, de nada por el punto'

treble_winner

Can't always sit on a 0-1 as we saw today. Will be 5 points off Liverpool if they win their next two. Got Leicester and Wolves after which they could draw.

Think a few on here seem to be getting carried away/desperate for Mourinho to prove Man. United wrong. Top 4 and winning league cup is still a very good season for them.
Mourinho winning the Premier League might finally be the biggest egg in Ed and the Glazers's faces so they can get themselves a bit more seriously.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Credit to Hodgson, worked out Jose's tactics for the second half. Didn't over commit knowing Spurs would only play for the breakaway. Completely nullified Kane and Son for 20 minutes and then went in for the kill with very few minutes left for Spurs to grab a second despite a good try by Spurs.

Reminds me so much of Houllier and Benitez styles. Great and frustrating at the same time. Ultimately (barring some minor* silverware) fruitless.

*The CL in 2005 was a pure fluke.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
This thread after the game is why United fans get so frustrated with some oppo fans. Not a peep having been so vocal.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mourinho winning the Premier League might finally be the biggest egg in Ed and the Glazers's faces so they can get themselves a bit more seriously.
Maybe but it's not like he was managing Man. United signing low budget players all the time. Remember that summer when Pogba, Mikhi and Zlatan all came in? I imagine most of you at the time were predicting higher than the 6th place finish he produced in 16/17.

Bit like me being desperate for Steve Bruce to get Newcastle in top 6 just because it didn't work for him at Villa for some reason. He had his time at Man. United and it didn't work out.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Sit back in the PL on a 1 goal lead at your peril, Jose. Palace always a tricky side but Spurs first half were so comfortable, they still had the chances to win but I don't get why they invited pressure - one thing this Palace team is good at is set pieces and putting balls in the box. The change after the subs just shows there was no need to go so defensive.

'lo siento por el gol, de nada por el punto'
He tried it in English and it was brilliant. Rubbish English, but he tried. And I need a copy of it.

Pagh Wraith

This thread after the game is why United fans get so frustrated with some oppo fans. Not a peep having been so vocal.
While that is true, United fans are just as bad. As soon as another big sides drops points, you can be sure every "sack watch" and team thread gets bumped with people lining up for snarky remarks. In Spurs' case it'll be "lads it's Tottenham" galore. Because for some reason most supporters are ultra-defensive about their own teams. People have wrongly convinced themselves (fueled by the nonsense in the media) that Spurs are somehow title challengers when their performances are nowhere near that (nor should they be expected to be) and will use the draw today as a beating stick. This place has become reactionary to the extreme and it really takes the joy out of posting on here more and more.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
While that is true, United fans are just as bad. As soon as another big sides drops points every "sack watch" and team thread gets bumped with people lining up for snarky remarks. In Spurs' case it'll be "lads it's Tottenham" galore. Because for some reason most supporters are ultra-defensive about their own teams. People have wrongly convinced themselves (fueled by the nonsense in the media) that Spurs are somehow title challengers when their performances are nowhere near that (nor should they be expected to be) and will use the draw today as a beating stick.
This is a United forum.

Do you not understand why we pile in?

We have to swallow a load of shite and then radio silence when oppo teams drop points.

I literally have not seen one Spurs affiliated poster on here after the Palace game.

That is poor form. And fecking hilarious.

:lol:

Pagh Wraith

This is a United forum.

Do you not understand why we pile in?

We have to swallow a load of shite and then radio silence when oppo teams drop points.

I literally have not seen one Spurs affiliated poster on here after the Palace game.

That is poor form. And fecking hilarious.

:lol:
Sure. And I totally agree with your point of them not showing up. I don't know, I'm just not that interested in all these petty rivalries and wading through all that noise makes finding good discussion here all the more difficult.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Sure. And I totally agree with your point of them not showing up. I don't know, I'm just not that interested in all these petty rivalries and wading through all that noise makes finding good discussion here all the more difficult.
Yeah, I do know what you mean. But football is probably the most visceral and partisan sport going, so it’s understandable to a large degree.

I am personally not averse to having debates with oppo fans, so long as they’re not insufferable in being wind ups when they’re doing well.

We do have some good oppo fans on here, but also some who are very clearly here to take the piss.

treble_winner

I still find it confusing why lots of United fans on here seem to hate a scenario in which Spurs won the Premier League.

• First, Manchester United are too inconsistent to mount a real Title challenge this season.
• Second, do you really want Liverpool to win two consecutive Titles?
• Third, Jose winning the League might just spur Woodward to get himself together and be more ruthless in backing our manager in the next transfer market.

GazTheLegend

I still find it confusing why lots of United fans on here seem to hate a scenario in which Spurs won the Premier League.

• First, Manchester United are too inconsistent to mount a real Title challenge this season.
• Third, Jose winning the League might just spur Woodward to get himself together and be more ruthless in backing our manager in the next transfer market.
We are literally 5 points off them with a game in hand and we've already played pretty much every half decent side in England bar Liverpool

We want to win the league. feck spuds, feck Mourinho. I don't care who wins the league if it isn't us.

United58

Money probably comes at Glazer's discretion, not Woodward's - could be wrong though

Rockets Redglare

We are literally 5 points off them with a game in hand and we've already played pretty much every half decent side in England bar Liverpool

We want to win the league. feck spuds, feck Mourinho. I don't care who wins the league if it isn't us.
You can’t possibly say you wouldn’t prefer Tottenham to win the league over Liverpool.