The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Lo Celso is quality.

If they can motivate Ndombele they have a pretty decent team and can challenge for top 4.

Ndombele,Hojberg, Le Celso is a brilliant balanced midfield.
A little optimistic. Ndombele looks like he could be Taarabt 2.0, Hojbjerg whilst he does fill that DM role is certainly not going to make the midfield world class. I agree on Lo Celso, looks like he could kick on given time to grow his game.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They have a hardworking team, that midfield is industrial and will cover the ground but I can't see Ndombele or Hojberg ever being in a top four midfield.
I would happily take him (baring his attitude)
He is a brilliant player.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
From what I've seen they are not pressing like a JM team, there's actually some zonal press being shown in this pre-season. Probably influence of João Sacramento.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Doherty signing reminds me of when they got Trippier in from Burnley. Overall he was a very good signing for Spurs for the money paid and think Doherty will do a similar job although he'll be tested far more defensively in a back 4.

I like to see the top clubs take punts on British players from lower down the chain, dosen't happen that much anymore.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Genuinely quite pleased with this business.

Now all that’s really needed is a backup striker. Maybe 1 more signing as well and I’d say this window exceeded expectations.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Genuinely quite pleased with this business.

Now all that’s really needed is a backup striker. Maybe 1 more signing as well and I’d say this window exceeded expectations.
Josh King been looking for a move away from Bournemouth for some time now and he wouldn't cost an arm and leg either. He'd be well suited to the backup role.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Doherty and Hojbjerg are good signings imo. Any rumours of other signings?

Cloud7

They've done some decent business this summer thus far. Doherty is a superb signing especially if Jose allows him the freedom to get forward like he did at Wolves. It's clear that at Spurs Jose won't be getting his usual blockbuster signings. I am interested to see how he does functioning purely in a more low key role.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Striker next. Rumours we have a list of 5 we are looking at. Probably premiership proven, older (28-30) and cheap.
King has been mentioned but how about Callum Wilson?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Huge Martin Jol era vibe to these Spurs signings.
We were never going to spend big due to COVID and not getting champions league. Its about getting the best players in, within a tight budget that will suit the system Jose wants us to play.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Convinced the girlfriend at 00:06am to watch the first episode :lol: we thought it was brilliant. It was really well put together. I don't know why I was surprised at how many times he says feck.

peridigm

Convinced the girlfriend at 00:06am to watch the first episode :lol: we thought it was brilliant. It was really well put together. I don't know why I was surprised at how many times he says feck.
Comes across as someone using profanity out of context in the tactical training segment. Like a foreigner who does understand the meaning of what he’s saying and just says something to be rash.

Chief123

I expect Jose to have a results driven season as usual. There will be runs of good results produced with absolutely dire football. One or two bad results leading to an implosion would not be surprising at all.

Jose is not the best manager to have when he has arguably the 6th best team in the league. He does not handle being the average joe very well. I fully expect his usual drama and meltdowns this season.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I expect Jose to have a results driven season as usual. There will be runs of good results produced with absolutely dire football. One or two bad results leading to an implosion would not be surprising at all.

Jose is not the best manager to have when he has arguably the 6th best team in the league. He does not handle being the average joe very well. I fully expect his usual drama and meltdowns this season.
I think that will be next year.

This year will be the every success will be the greatest thing he's ever done year.

Chief123

Never quite rated Aurier but I think he's been brilliant for Mourinho. Just very good at both ends of the pitch. Harry Kane fit, maybe an uninterrupted Son season. It's really about Mourinho here like so often. If he's got a group of players that listen to him and like what he does he'll take them far for at least a little while. Their back 4 leaves something to be desired but I think the tactics will make up for that. Top 4 will be harder next season for sure.
Aurier has been an absolute car crash. A liability nearly every game. There is a reason why Spurs have just signed Doherty. Aurier is possibly one of the worst full backs in the league.

Chief123

I think that will be next year.

This year will be the every success will be the greatest thing he's ever done year.
Their signings so far are underwhelming. Kane will no doubt pick up an ankle injury and Jose will lose his shit about how unlucky he is.

I honestly don't see Spurs finishing higher than 6th. Arsenal will finish above them having now got greater resolve and bringing in a very talented centre back in Gabriel.

crossy1686

career ending
As much as I am on the fince with Jose, why do u say that?
He sets about giving Deli Ali shit right away for being a lazy trainer and he does it publicly in team meetings. Then he gives him shit for a ‘lazy pass’ in a tactical briefing also. I think you’ve really got to know people and have their trust before you can get away with stuff like that, not start with it a couple of days into your new job.

SwedishFish

Glad to see that we're still living rent-free in Jose's head. The number of times that Manchester United came up just over these three episodes...

It was a shame that there wasn't any footage from the Old Trafford game. Seems like he has that type of management style that can really clash with players. I'd say its only a matter of time before he implodes with that mediocre spurs side.

cyberman

He sets about giving Deli Ali shit right away for being a lazy trainer and he does it publicly in team meetings. Then he gives him shit for a ‘lazy pass’ in a tactical briefing also. I think you’ve really got to know people and have their trust before you can get away with stuff like that, not start with it a couple of days into your new job.
Hes right though and Dele came out flying because of it.
You cant tip toe around players who have been shit for a good 8 months at that stage. They were all too comfortable and got Poch the sack

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He did brilliantly with Alli, saw first 2 episoes. Jose was good with his team and how he dealt with Dier situation after he was subbed off in the first half.

crossy1686

career ending
Hes right though and Dele came out flying because of it.
You cant tip toe around players who have been shit for a good 8 months at that stage. They were all too comfortable and got Poch the sack
You’re right, you can’t allow that to continue but how would you feel if your new boss started calling you out in front of your friends/colleagues. Calling you fecking lazy and then showing a video where you did something and telling everyone is was lazy?

He should have sat Deli down, like he did with Kane, and have a serious word about his expectations and that he can’t get away with that level of performance in training otherwise he’ll make an example of him.

Walking into a conference and calling everyone cnuts just won’t cut it in management, unless said people are actually cnuts and proud of it

crossy1686

career ending
He did brilliantly with Alli, saw first 2 episoes. Jose was good with his team and how he dealt with Dier situation after he was subbed off in the first half.
I haven’t seen the second episode yet so I’ll reserve my judgement. His management style may be fine once he has a relationship with the players but I felt coming in cold and doing some of the things he did would absolutely rub some people the wrong way.

roonster09

Scout
I haven’t seen the second episode yet so I’ll reserve my judgement. His management style may be fine once he has a relationship with the players but I felt coming in cold and doing some of the things he did would absolutely rub some people the wrong way.
For all we know, most of the things might be scripted and just for cameras.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dele Alli was in dire form for pretty much all of last season so certainly wasn't any response on the pitch.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dier played very well in first few games under Jose.
Not post lockdown. Spurs good end of season was due to Kane and Son back from injury and doing what they do on counter attack. Like any other season Spurs will be hoping they don't both miss a 2-3 months injured as seems to happen every season as then the results go south but then I guess you could say the same for any of the top teams.

roonster09

Scout
Not post lockdown. Spurs good end of season was due to Kane and Son back from injury and doing what they do on counter attack. Like any other season Spurs will be hoping they don't both miss a 2-3 months injured as seems to happen every season as then the results go south but then I guess you could say the same for any of the top teams.
I barley watched them after lock down. When Jose took over, Alli started very well and everyone was like how Alli is back to his best.