The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Bale and Reguilon are good signing. They will definitely improve their team without costing an arm and a leg. However, they go with the Mourinho gameplan of short term accomplishment with the buyback clause and loan deal. Bale will definitely improve moral in their dressing room and that will have tremendous impact on other players performance. However, they still need more creativity in this team. Regardless, There is still hope for Spurs this season.

el3mel

Bale and Reguilon are good signing. They will definitely improve their team without costing an arm and a leg. However, they go with the Mourinho gameplan of short term accomplishment with the buyback clause and loan deal. Bale will definitely improve moral in their dressing room and that will have tremendous impact on other players performance. There is still hope for Spurs this season.
I think Reguilon for them is a no brainer in their condition. They get 2 solid years from him then sell him back to Madrid for good cash. If Madrid actually were willing to buy him again at this point it would mean he has been a success for them. For a club like United these deals don't make sense, but for Spurs it's a no brainer.

DarkLord

Some top trolling here. Kudos to that man!
Jesus. I'm so ashamed of our media. They are so embarrassing. What a disgrace. :lol:
Edit: Now I'm even more convinced the so called "journalists" from the media just look up our forum for news and make a story out of it. Perhaps some of the members on the Caf are actually journalists. Maybe we should just create some fake thread to say we are in for Mbappe.

Keefy18

Bale and Reguilon are good signing. They will definitely improve their team without costing an arm and a leg. However, they go with the Mourinho gameplan of short term accomplishment with the buyback clause and loan deal. Bale will definitely improve moral in their dressing room and that will have tremendous impact on other players performance. However, they still need more creativity in this team. Regardless, There is still hope for Spurs this season.
Bale is already injured and out for a month at least, then he'll have to work up his fitness and find his form again in the league. He's going to set them back 18m in wages alone, god knows what else in agent fees and sign on fees, its probably another 30m or more added to the wage bill.

It's poor investment and short term thinking on both signings, Jose 101 planning!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Bale is already injured and out for a month at least, then he'll have to work up his fitness and find his form again in the league. He's going to set them back 18m in wages alone, god knows what else in agent fees and sign on fees, its probably another 30m or more added to the wage bill.

It's poor investment and short term thinking on both signings, Jose 101 planning!
You a little wrong here the deal is £20M for the season, and I would be very surprised if hes out for 4 weeks, I feel it was an injury of convenience.

Keefy18

You a little wrong here the deal is £20M for the season, and I would be very surprised if hes out for 4 weeks, I feel it was an injury of convenience.
He's basic salary is 18m I believe?

You can bet he has add ons included for apps, goals and assists too no doubt.

We shall see how it plays out, even if this current injury is "convenience" you can guarantee its not long before he's injured again.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He's basic salary is 18m I believe?

You can bet he has add ons included for apps, goals and assists too no doubt.

We shall see how it plays out, even if this current injury is "convenience" you can guarantee its not long before he's injured again.
This isn't a full transfer, its only a lone as it stands. His contract wont change as he is still a RM player.

Keefy18

This isn't a full transfer, its only a lone as it stands. His contract wont change as he is still a RM player.
I know, I'm saying that contract likely has a bunch of add ons included on it.

Very surprised if he doesn't.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Bale does nothing to help their midfield which is their main problem, bang average in the middle of the park. No real players linking midfield and attack or driving from midfield into the final third with the ball drawing players to them.

Hojbjerg, sure, serviceable, not really inspiring going forward. Winks, good squad player. Don't think he is good enough to be starting in midfield for a team chasing top 4. Sissoko, great engine, amazing athlete, powerful runner, has no real end product, average passing and his shooting is wild at best. Ndombele, Jury is still out, could turn out to be Taraabt 2.0. Fernandes, not even sure why Spurs signed this guy? Skipp, just a kid, needs a loan to grow his game and confidence. Lo Celso tbf has been good from what I have seen of him.

Don't feel any of them are good enough in a two, although if they dropped an attacker for a three in midfield it could work.Winks, Hojbjerg, Ndombele maybe?

Irwin99

A front 3 of Son Kane and Bale is pretty impressive (if they're all fit and 100%)

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Bale does nothing to help their midfield which is their main problem, bang average in the middle of the park. No real players linking midfield and attack or driving from midfield into the final third with the ball drawing players to them.

Hojbjerg, sure, serviceable, not really inspiring going forward. Winks, good squad player. Don't think he is good enough to be starting in midfield for a team chasing top 4. Sissoko, great engine, amazing athlete, powerful runner, has no real end product, average passing and his shooting is wild at best. Ndombele, Jury is still out, could turn out to be Taraabt 2.0. Fernandes, not even sure why Spurs signed this guy? Skipp, just a kid, needs a loan to grow his game and confidence. Lo Celso tbf has been good from what I have seen of him.

Don't feel any of them are good enough in a two, although if they dropped an attacker for a three in midfield it could work.Winks, Hojbjerg, Ndombele maybe?
I agree - we need another central midfielder

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Reguilon will be a great signing for them. Even if Madrid ends up taking him back after 2 years, he's going to be quality this season. Bale is whatever, big name who for a couple of years wasn't much of a player and is always injured. A lottery ticket that can be huge if it works, if not, depth and only a loan.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
A front 3 of Son Kane and Bale is pretty impressive (if they're all fit and 100%)
I think its more of a fantasy football front three than a reality football front three. They are all great players (if Bale is fit and can recapture some of his old form) but they are too similar and don't complement each other well at all. None of them will track back a lot, none of them is particularly useful coming into midfield to help with the buildup, none of them is particularly creative with the ball at feet. Spurs would have been much better off complementing Son/Kane with a wide playmaker that could give them what Eriksen used to give them.

Irwin99

I think its more of a fantasy football front three than a reality football front three. They are all great players (if Bale is fit and can recapture some of his old form) but they are too similar and don't complement each other well at all. None of them will track back a lot, none of them is particularly useful coming into midfield to help with the buildup, none of them is particularly creative with the ball at feet. Spurs would have been much better off complementing Son/Kane with a wide playmaker that could give them what Eriksen used to give them.
There has been a sky article saying that Jose might change his system to a 3-4-3 to try and accommodate them but we'll see. Build up play and pressing might not be their best strengths buts it's a lightning quick counter attack and players that can make something out of nothing. It'll be interesting to see if it works or as you say, it's just fantasy football stuff.

United58

There has been a sky article saying that Jose might change his system to a 3-4-3 to try and accommodate them but we'll see. Build up play and pressing might not be their best strengths buts it's a lightning quick counter attack and players that can make something out of nothing. It'll be interesting to see if it works or as you say, it's just fantasy football stuff.
That's what he'll go for with 4-2-3-1 IMO

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Spurs has nice additions in Bale and Reguilón and with Mourinho maybe they can become a devastating team playing counter attack but I'm also curious if Bale can remain fit the majority of the season.

el3mel

I have read that Spurs are only going to pay 40% of his wages ? One year loan and only paying this much of his wages, if true then incredible business from Levy and definitely not a risky signing. If he flops, they don't lose much.

Apparently though, he's out till the end of October international break.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
With Pogba, Bruno and Van de Beek I cant see where you would put Dele, you certainly don't want him on the right!
No chance we want him. If we didn’t get Donny I’d have taken him but makes no sense now. I don’t see where Alli could be going which is mad considering I doubt you’d have sold him for 100m two years ago!

Caliban

Dele Alli would, could be a great player. But it is said he is too lazy?!

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
On paper they have a good starting 11.
Howeverer, they have a weak manager on the bench. I really liked Spurs under Poch, but Mou is - at this time - half the manager that Poch is.

United Junkie

Spurs want Wout Weghorst... a typical Mourinho player. Holland's Andy Carrol but with more usefulness. Nothing special though.Like I said a typical Mourinho target man for up front.

el3mel

Do we believe Jose when he said that the only advice he received from Fergie as Man United boss was to buy Deli Alli?
Is this about Alli being great or about Fergie interfering with the manager's job? Fergie didn't seem to really want to go on and give plenty of advices to Moyes or LVG either I believe. He probably wanted to distance himself from the managers and let them do their work. Him giving Mourinho only one advice that has nothing to do with tactics is believable.

As for Alli, at one point he was the player everyone wanted from Spurs. He is currently just not as good as he was at this point.