The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Jose is such a troll. :lol:

EDIT, this video was actually regarding GLC, and it wasnt in referene to Pogba, it was referencing Ndombele, it was a while ago. Twitter guy mistake.

Last edited:

NoPace

:lol: need a new manager? Jose is doing a great job here so far.

I agree that we are building a very strong team. Midfield is the one area we can improve as you say (assuming we get Skriniar and a striker in). Its been an incredible window for us so far.
Eh, I think you're in the muck with us, Chelsea and Arsenal all fighting for 3rd and 4th, seems like another year without a serious title challenge. Best players (Kane and Son) are 27 and 28. Don't seem like a team that can break down teams sitting deep particularly well and that's more a result of Jose than personnel.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol: Oh I agree, I hated him when he was nothing to do with us, but he has an incredibly infectious personality.
Don't worry, within no time you will start hating him again.

You want manager to lead by example, with good attitude but Jose is exact opposite of that when going gets tough.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Don't worry, within no time you will start hating him again.

You want manager to lead by example, with good attitude but Jose is exact opposite of that when going gets tough.
I think people get too triggered by Jose in general, at the end of the day hes a football manager.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think people get too triggered by Jose in general, at the end of the day hes a football manager.
Well it's true for people worshiping players or managers or even clubs too, end of the day they are just people who kick the ball. And club is nothing but a stadium with few players kicking the ball.

No one gets triggered by Jose, people think he is twat and say that when his topic comes up.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Saying he's a toxic personality to have around a club in the long run has nothing to do with being "triggered", it's just being pragmatic.

But of course it'll be different at Spurs, cos he's doing "a great job"

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Saying he's a toxic personality to have around a club in the long run has nothing to do with being "triggered", it's just being pragmatic.

But of course it'll be different at Spurs, cos he's doing "a great job"
See I take that as a triggered post. I haven't said hes doing a great job... so far hes done ok. I wasn't his biggest fan when he joined but slowly I am warming to him, toxic? Of course he has a history of it, but who knows what will happen, what is football without optimism. We would all be a very sad bunch.

As for him calling players out in public, its been done before by a lot of managers, the players get paid money to perform... Dont have a problem with it personally.

Smores

Well it's true for people worshiping players or managers or even clubs too, end of the day they are just people who kick the ball. And club is nothing but a stadium with few players kicking the ball.

No one gets triggered by Jose, people think he is twat and say that when his topic comes up.
No one gets triggered :lol:

If you can't see the bitterness triggered whenever Jose comes up on this forum you're seriously blind to it. People are strangely obsessed in a way i can't recall of any other ex player or manager even Moyes.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is doing well at Spurs so far - you can't expect us Spurs fans to all hate the guy just because you guys do. He is our manager now and we are backing him as long as things are going the right direction.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He is doing well at Spurs so far - you can't expect us Spurs fans to all hate the guy just because you guys do. He is our manager now and we are backing him as long as things are going the right direction.
Fully agree, people talk like Jose is the only manager ever to call out a player publicly.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Where's all the money coming from? Pochettino, wanted more funds, forced to make a team with minimal investment and academy players, had a whole xfer window with no players.

Jose comes in and Spurs throw the feckin kitchen sink at his targets.
Part of the reason is that the stadium has now been built, so we are no longer having to divert huge sums every year towards the construction costs ... and the debt servicing costs are lower than these construction sums were.

Moreover, Lo Celso and Ndombele were signed when Pochettino was the manager (tho' Lo Celso was was only made a permanent signing after Pochettino's reign had ended).

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
See I take that as a triggered post. I haven't said hes doing a great job... so far hes done ok. I wasn't his biggest fan when he joined but slowly I am warming to him, toxic? Of course he has a history of it, but who knows what will happen, what is football without optimism. We would all be a very sad bunch.

As for him calling players out in public, its been done before by a lot of managers, the players get paid money to perform... Dont have a problem with it personally.
That was quoting balaks, not you, should've clarified, sorry.

No idea why you'd see that as a "triggered post" unless anyone reacting to anything on a forum is "triggered".

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
That was quoting balaks, not you, should've clarified, sorry.

No idea why you'd see that as a "triggered post" unless anyone reacting to anything on a forum is "triggered".
No it was more the sarcastic " But of course it'll be different at Spurs, cos he's doing "a great job", but I get that wasn't aimed at me so fair enough.

Supports
England
Mourinho noticed something off about the goals before the game, pointed it out to UEFA officials and turned out he was right. They were 5cm too small. They were changed ahead of the match.

Wonder if other teams have tried to cheat this way.
Imagine being perceptive enough to notice something like that. I don't particularly like Jose but I'm impressed by him in some ways (though it's not certain that it was actually him who spotted the problem in this case).

Supports
England
Since I love Kane, I'm happy he was brought on to score on Thursday, but damn, there's no way he (or the other first-teamers being rested) should've been needed after 60-odd minutes against that level of opposition. It's not even like Shkendija stood off completely and defended 9-1-0 for the draw, because they obviously had to score themselves to have a hope of going through.

That lack of ability to kill teams regardless of the squad or circumstances is going to be a huge problem during the period of inhuman fixture congestion.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Sergio Reguilón’s debut for Tottenham:

2 attempts at goal
74% pass accuracy
3 dribbles completed
2 tackles won
1 assist
1 defensive error

Looked really exciting today, cant wait for him to gain the starting place.

Supports
England
Sergio Reguilón’s debut for Tottenham:

2 attempts at goal
74% pass accuracy
3 dribbles completed
2 tackles won
1 assist
1 defensive error

Looked really exciting today, cant wait for him to gain the starting place.
He did very well to claw back a positive overall first impression after that sequence of howlers for Werner's goal.

Supports
England
I will be honest I didn't see the first half as I was at the in laws, he definitely gives a lot going forward, were both errors his fault?
100%. The slide looked really bad on his part. Probably a little worse than it was, to be fair. Slide tackles are often spectacular for better or worse.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I will be honest I didn't see the first half as I was at the in laws, he definitely gives a lot going forward, were both errors his fault?
He has the ball just inside his won half and loses it. Then gets dummied into another postcode by Azpilicueta. You be the judge though!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He has the ball just inside his won half and loses it. Then gets dummied into another postcode by Azpilicueta. You be the judge though!
Ok :wenger: i will give you that, showed good pace getting back, he should have just stood up to his man after getting back.

Supports
England
I liked that move where Ndombele (I think?) played Kane in behind. Great pass, Kane took it in really well and burnt the defender. Unlucky not to score. The shot looks like he caught a divot or something in the pitch. It wasn't a high-xG chance or anything but Kane's not a normal finisher, most of the time anyway. A mediocre chance for most strikers is a good chance for Kane.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Are Spurs this season going to be 4-3-3 or 5-3-2?

4-3-3 with Bale seems obvious but seems very un Mourinho like to have two full backs bombing on aswell. Will certainly expose the CBs much more especially as the CMs aren't the quickest.

3-5-2 seems more obvious to me but then Bale is just warming the bench like he did at Madrid and he's obviously come to Spurs to start vast majority of games, fitness pending of course.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I liked that move where Ndombele (I think?) played Kane in behind. Great pass, Kane took it in really well and burnt the defender. Unlucky not to score. The shot looks like he caught a divot or something in the pitch.
I hope he continues improving, is a real baller when he wants to be.

:)
How do you watch finished games back BTW? Is it something I should PM you about?
I have it recorded, nothing to special :lol:.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

4-3-3 with Bale seems obvious but seems very un Mourinho like to have two full backs bombing on aswell. Will certainly expose the CBs much more especially as the CMs aren't the quickest.

3-5-2 seems more obvious to me but then Bale is just warming the bench like he did at Madrid and he's obviously come to Spurs to start vast majority of games, fitness pending of course.
He has been playing 4-3-3 a lot and i expect him to do it with Bale in for Lucas

ti vu

3-5-2 variance with Dier pushing into midfield or one of the side CB push side depend on situation. Bale last season before moving to Real, he played a bit more central role too. So, it would be rotation between Bale and Kane for the out and out forward role. One of them would give freedom to roam: Mourinho Inter Eto'o role, or Porto Carlos Alberto