The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Some of us are no different than ever.

For example, I haven't "given it large", and here you are, being a passive aggressive troll as per normal. I say passive aggressive, a lot of it isn't really even that - it's downright winding people up and being confrontational on purpose.

You'll wind people up and complain about their reaction :rolleyes:
Yes, smugness comes as standard.

ti vu

Fatigue with the Europa league might be an issue but they do look like they have a very good squad. It'll be interesting to see what impact Bale has (could go either way).
They have depth and individual spark for EL, and the league challenge if it's only high 80+ points title race. The only position they seem to be a little softer is CB, but it's not necessarily undoable with rotation.

ti vu

You know we just finished 3rd and you are playing EL? How is that possible with your world class Tottenham side against no depth United? I agree our depth is not good enough, but that doesn’t make Spurs world beaters. Even with a few new signings. We got two signings in today too.
Because they added depth and quality from signings, and getting some serious improvement from their players.

Dier looks greatly improved. Aurier may be rash and makes stupid mistake, but overall he's becoming one of the best attacking RB in the league. NDombele finally realizing his potential in PL. He's like a mini sized Yaya Toure. Lo Celso is becoming a cracking players. He can dribble, pass, work hard, but he looks like pushing onto another level now. Imposing in the game, and for a flair player, he's tough nut with improving defensive side to his game. Son is getting fine tuned with his movement and finishing to become more a goal scoring threat.

Kane looks scarily good this season. I don't talk about form, but the expansion of his play. He is getting with his playmaking ability. It's not about link up play, or hold up play, but about dropping deep and orchestrating play. It's impossible to man mark him now since he would be drag CB way out of the comfort zone. We looked at loss tactically this game how to handle him. It doesn't seem affect his ability to score goal since he knows where move to receive the ball.

Then they have their squad players, and new signings. Remember they would have Bale to add some Xfactor stuff.

Last edited:

Bwuk

I thought Regulion looked excellent. I could see him being viewed as the best left back in the league by the end of the season.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Still hard to get a good read on what kind of season they'll have. Sticking 11 past Southampton and us isn't a big deal right now to be honest, we are two clubs in complete disarray at the moment. They were very poor against Everton and Newcastle.
They knocked us out from carabao cup. They are in upward form. Remember they are having second Mourinho season. He got good striker and hard working players in his squad. If they willing to give all Jose will bring trophy to them. No doubt about that.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
They knocked us out from carabao cup. They are in upward form. Remember they are having second Mourinho season. He got good striker and hard working players in his squad. If they willing to give all Jose will bring trophy to them. No doubt about that.
You were better than them and if your players weren't wasteful, you would have knocked them out.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
You were better than them and if your players weren't wasteful, you would have knocked them out.
In first half yes but in second half they were better than us. We should be out of sight but that's what it was. They were dogged and gave it back. That's always Jose pattern. He is monster in that way when getting results. End of the day he won we lost in a cup game. Can't dismiss him this season with many uncertainty. He is good at getting results when team play badly. It's his main strength.

ti vu

I don't think that's true. It's the game of true half. Even in the first half when Chelsea dominating possession, they barely created scoring chance beside the goal. Tottenham had the upper hand in the second half. They had to come out to score, and Chelsea had chance to counter, but they were shite at their final decision. Overall the draw in 90 minutes was fair result. Tottenham was up to it in the shoot out though, while Chelsea GK looked shaky.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Sessegnon out on loan. Never saw why he was bought unless you use him in a 3-5-2

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
I don't think that's true. It's the game of true half. Even in the first half when Chelsea dominating possession, they barely created scoring chance beside the goal. Tottenham had the upper hand in the second half. They had to come out to score, and Chelsea had chance to counter, but they were shite at their final decision. Overall the draw in 90 minutes was fair result. Tottenham was up to it in the shoot out though, while Chelsea GK looked shaky.
Neither goalkeeper made a save.

The draw was a fair result. Great week for Jose.

ti vu

Still hard to get a good read on what kind of season they'll have. Sticking 11 past Southampton and us isn't a big deal right now to be honest, we are two clubs in complete disarray at the moment. They were very poor against Everton and Newcastle.
That's not true. They had one of those days that they couldn't score despite create plenty, or they would have also thrashed Newcastle. Newcastle had one shot on target that is the penalty on a dodgy VAR call.

Everton had the better of them, but it's an Everton that has won all their official games in this new season. It's the kind of don't know what that hit you surprise. Even then it's fine margin, than Tottenham being very poor.

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
That's not true. They had one of those days that they couldn't score despite create plenty, or they would have also thrashed Newcastle. Newcastle had one shot on target that is the penalty on a dodge VAR call.

Everton had the better of them, but it's an Everton that has won all their official games in this new season. It's the kind of don't know what that hit you surprise. Even then it's fine margin, than Tottenham being very poor.
This is pretty accurate, in the first half against Newcastle we played some of the best stuff I have seen from us in a long time, we were just very wasteful in front of goal, totally our own fault and its something we need to do more often and thats take our chances .

AJ Bullet

Spurs are flowing at the moment, if they can keep all their main players fit they really can make top 4 without a problem. They need a full Kane season though.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Special shout out to Hojbjerg who completely dominated your midfield today. Superb performance from him.
I agree, he was fantastic yesterday and showed exactly why he was bought in the summer.

Also special credits to Aurier. As much as I cursed him last season, he was brilliant against Chelsea and United. Very determined going forward and zero defensive mistakes or brain farts. Looks like he reacted to the competition by the signing of Doherty very well and can be a very important squad member this season.

trims

Supports
Arsenal
In the league, I expect them to be strong challengers for top 4, nothing more. Southampton and Untied were very poor, and the usual problems with Tottenham showed against Everton and Newcastle. They might win a cup but Jose will have to overcome what Chiellini would call 'The History of Tottenham' which would be an impressive achievement.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Sessegnon out on loan. Never saw why he was bought unless you use him in a 3-5-2
Same role that Regulion is doing in a 4-3-3 tbh. Problem with Sess is that he arrived injured and has gone a bit stale by missing out on claiming his place in the team.

He's looked good as an AML, but both Poch and Mourinho have said they see him as a defender/wing-back.

Ideally he goes and develops and then if RM decide to purchase Regulion again, hopefully Sess is able to take over.

Becks00

They were murdering ye... I give up, believe what you want. I mean myself, the Spurs fan, Gary Neville and 96% of the Caf obviously watched a different game than you.
Most of Caf and utd fans where already negative and frustrated as a result of the shambles of a transfer window we were having. It's understandable that they would look inward rather than objectively analysing this one particular game. You keep saying they where all over us that's not true, Tottenham where pouncing on stupid mistakes from United defenders and United themselves where creating chances futher up, the dangerous chances they had where the two goals they scored and the corner where bailly had to make a double block. United just as well where creating chances futher up too, greenwood should have done better with his shots, if rashford's shot from Bruno's pass had gone in I believe the offside call would have been a lot closer than it seem.

The negativity that had been circling over united due to the transfer window has influence people's opinion over this match, it was a very different game pre and post red card.

And also using the Caf's consensus during this period is not really ideal. Have been lurking on here for a while, right from SAF days and it's not often the place to find the most balanced views after a defeat especially with the storm of negativity already stored up.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
They looked poor in the Everton game but have definitely turned it around.

Kane got to work himself into form thrashing Europa pub teams.

Definite chance for a trophy. Their group in Europa they should walk. And they have much improved squad depth so they can rotate the likes of Son and Kane vs the group stages teams.

Untd55

In the league, I expect them to be strong challengers for top 4, nothing more. Southampton and Untied were very poor, and the usual problems with Tottenham showed against Everton and Newcastle. They might win a cup but Jose will have to overcome what Chiellini would call 'The History of Tottenham' which would be an impressive achievement.
I don't know why people keep on saying this; I'm guessing they just saw the result? They completely dominated that match. Newcastle had no shots on target until the shocking penalty decision. They had 23 shots and 12 on target; it was poor finishing and a terrible referee decision that cost them the win (Rightfully, it should have been 3 points regardless of poor finishing). Since then, they have strengthened their attack with further signings and options.

The Everton game was poor, but they seemed to have pulled themselves out of it, so it can't be seen as much of a worry.

Becks00

No you were not. It was a close game. You are blinded by 1 min bombardement that ended with the red card. Why are you Spurs fans always this arrogant
Thank you, I don't where everyone keep getting bombardment from, before the red card, they scored their two goals where maguire was being a dickhead and then the corner leading to the red where bailly had to make blocks, that's all.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Same role that Regulion is doing in a 4-3-3 tbh. Problem with Sess is that he arrived injured and has gone a bit stale by missing out on claiming his place in the team.

He's looked good as an AML, but both Poch and Mourinho have said they see him as a defender/wing-back.

Ideally he goes and develops and then if RM decide to purchase Regulion again, hopefully Sess is able to take over.
Cheers

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I don't know why people keep on saying this; I'm guessing they just saw the result? They completely dominated that match. Newcastle had no shots on target until the shocking penalty decision. They had 23 shots and 12 on target; it was poor finishing and a terrible referee decision that cost them the win (Rightfully, it should have been 3 points regardless of poor finishing). Since then, they have strengthened their attack with further signings and options.

The Everton game was poor, but they seemed to have pulled themselves out of it, so it can't be seen as much of a worry.
Newcastle's goalkeeper was motm, he made some epic saves. His close range saves vs Kane were phenomenal, then there was the double save again from close range.

One of the best keeper performances I'd seen in a while, but yes Newcastle deserved nothing from that game, they were second to just about everything and Spurs were totally dominant. VAR rescued Newcastle a point with the Dier handball.

trims

Supports
Arsenal

I'm saying this in reference to some of the comments saying they'll challenge for the title. Sure they dominated the game but they couldn't finish it off and it's not the first time it happened to Spurs. We had a lot of games like this under Wenger and the consensus was that we bottled it/weren't clinical etc. As I said they'll be top 4 challengers but they're far from challenging for the title.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I'm saying this in reference to some of the comments saying they'll challenge for the title. Sure they dominated the game but they couldn't finish it off and it's not the first time it happened to Spurs. We had a lot of games like this under Wenger and the consensus was that we bottled it/weren't clinical etc. As I said they'll be top 4 challengers and they're far from challenging for the title.
I dont think people are suggesting they will challenge for the title, but they look top four quality if Bale, Son, and Kane stay fit that is a scary front three for any team in Europe to contend with.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I don't really care about the result, but how anyone can argue that Shaw's tackle wasn't a stonewall red card right out of the textbook is beyond me. It's embarassing that he was allowed to stay on the pitch after that shitshow. Just another Anthony Taylor masterclass all around.

Poch

Supports
Spurs
If we have good luck with injuries like say Liverpool , spurs will challenge Liverpool for the league.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Just discovered that yesterday was apparently the biggest away win for Spurs against United in the entire history of this fixture between the two clubs.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Thank you, I don't where everyone keep getting bombardment from, before the red card, they scored their two goals where maguire was being a dickhead and then the corner leading to the red where bailly had to make blocks, that's all.
Fact is the entire team especially Bailey and Maguire were making awful mistakes for 28 minutes prior to the sending off and then continued the mistakes and awful defending afterwards. Ole even tried to simply change it up and defend properly with his substitutions but they continued to be awful at defending.

Going down to 10 is a convenient excuse but most sides don’t easily concede 4 when down to 10.

You were always going to lose that game with players performing like that defensively. You can’t just say, “well except for Maguire’s mistakes”, there’s no exception there. Those mistakes happened and continued to happen.

Wouldn’t even be surprised if the defense continues to be poor after the break considering Brighton hammered you FFS.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't really care about the result, but how anyone can argue that Shaw's tackle wasn't a stonewall red card right out of the textbook is beyond me. It's embarassing that he was allowed to stay on the pitch after that shitshow. Just another Anthony Taylor masterclass all around.
Hacking someone down, at pace, from behind, with the ball nowhere close isn’t dangerous or reckless it’s just “tactical” innit?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What's the odds Tottenham's momentum gets punctured when Bale is available to play and he gets shoehorned in at all costs?

HowYouDoin

Just read this stat that since Mourinho was appointed Kane and Son have more combined goals and assists than any other player. Kane 30, Son 28.

HowYouDoin

What's the odds Tottenham's momentum gets punctured when Bale is available to play and he gets shoehorned in at all costs?

Oh come on, Mourinho isnt stupid to do what we tried to do with Alexis...oh wait.

Supports
England
Just read this stat that since Mourinho was appointed Kane and Son have more combined goals and assists than any other player. Kane 30, Son 28.
I knew there was a reason I keep claiming that they're as good as, or better than, any other attacking duo in the league.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I knew there was a reason I keep claiming that they're as good as, or better than, any other attacking duo in the league.
almost as good as DCL and Richarlison

White text