The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think he is getting at, despite how good you squad is looking, it's still Jose. We have seen where performances like this lead.
Its football its happens, I am not gonna cry in my sugar puffs about it. Should have won, didn't, we move on, wont know how this season is panning out till at least 10 games are played. I seen enough in that game to see an improvement on last year.

TrustInOle

Its football its happens, I am not gonna cry in my sugar puffs about it. Should have won, didn't, we move on, wont know how this season is panning out till at least 10 games are played. I seen enough in that game to see an improvement on last year.
Most definatley, you look a better outfit, but with Jose there seems to be a mental block when it comes to putting teams away. Closing up shop seems to work against him more often than not these days. Not an insult towards him or the team, but it happened so much with us it's hard to deny there could be something in that assumption.

Half my family live in and support Tottenham, so speaking from a good place.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Most definatley, you look a better outfit, but with Jose there seems to be a mental block when it comes to putting teams away. Closing up shop seems to work against him more often than not these days. Not an insult towards him or the team, but it happened so much with us it's hard to deny there could be something in that assumption.

Half my family live in and support Tottenham, so speaking from a good place.
I don't think its on Jose, individual errors are individual errors... from the usual suspects, again take the point and move on. 3 very winnable games coming up in the PL.

el3mel

To be fair, their target this season is still to just do well in the league and win Europe League. If they finish 5th and win Europe it'll be fine I believe. People thinking they would actually win the league with such center backs were really weird and I pointed it when they were winning that it's extreme exaggeration. Caf goes from one extreme to the next.

TrustInOle

I don't think its on Jose, individual errors are individual errors... from the usual suspects, again take the point and move on. 3 very winnable games coming up in the PL.
Fingers crossed your right, we are also quite prone to individual lapses, in his day and now. If it's something that can be ironed out, then the front 3 surely puts you in good stead.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
To be fair, their target this season is still to just do well in the league and win Europe League. If they finish 5th and win Europe it'll be fine I believe. People thinking they would actually win the league with such center backs were really weird and I pointed it when they were winning that it's extreme exaggeration. Caf goes from one extreme to the next.
Erm, no. No, no, no.

Spurs don't win trophies, it's just not something Spurs do.

Obiorahking_

Players sold at the end. Sis solo dosent fight hard enough on the first set piece. Sanchez makes a horrible mistake demonstration zero awareness. And the third goal was just a cracker. Not to mention players had ample opportunity to add more goals too.

Ed9

Has nothing to do with that.

Pep has always gone to the best and richest team in the leagues he managed and bought everyone he wanted.

What is easier winning leagues with 2 billion dollar squads in City or Bayern who own the bundesliga or the greatest Barca team of all time OR

winning EL and CL with Porto, dominating England with Chelsea, bringing Madrid back to relevance in the CL and La liga breaking the Barca chokehold, coming back and winning the league with Chelsea again, treble with inter.

We seriously want to compare that?
Agree with this. I think Jose is historicaly the second best (although I don't remember Busby or Paisley). And I'm not Portugese.

Foxbatt

The defence and midfield does not seem like a Jose team. They give up too easily.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Has nothing to do with that.

Pep has always gone to the best and richest team in the leagues he managed and bought everyone he wanted.

What is easier winning leagues with 2 billion dollar squads in City or Bayern who own the bundesliga or the greatest Barca team of all time OR

winning EL and CL with Porto, dominating England with Chelsea, bringing Madrid back to relevance in the CL and La liga breaking the Barca chokehold, coming back and winning the league with Chelsea again, treble with inter.

We seriously want to compare that?
Pretty narrative, only missing the small detail that Jose is still the highest spending manager ever, and that while his wildest spending sprees are ten years in the past. He outspent his contemporaries by ridiculous margins, especially during the first Chelsea stint.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wait, I switched off around the 80th minute when Bergwijn was subbed off.
It ended 3-3?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chief123

Bale didn't hit the post. He missed the target in embarrassing fashion. Which attack were you thinking about? The one where Kane actually did hit the post or the one I just mentioned?
Sorry you’re right. I thought he clipped the post for some reason. But yeah he look knackered as soon as he came on. Defo doesn’t have the pace and intensity he used to have.

Chief123

A lot were gutted when Utd didn’t get Reguillon.

Todays game was a perfect example of people just seeing his delightful cross for Kane and hyping him up. He was an absolute car crash defensively. Even spurs fans have realised how poor he is defensively. Him and Aurier at full backs with Sanchez at centre back ain’t going to get you anywhere near a deluded title challenge.

Robbie Boy

A lot were gutted when Utd didn’t get Reguillon.

Todays game was a perfect example of people just seeing his delightful cross for Kane and hyping him up. He was an absolute car crash defensively. Even spurs fans have realised how poor he is defensively. Him and Aurier at full backs with Sanchez at centre back ain’t going to get you anywhere near a deluded title challenge.
Tbf, I imagine the overwhelming majority have barely watched Regullion or Telles bar the odd game and a-few YouTube videos.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
“6-1, 7-2? No, we’ll make it 7-1”
:houllier:
Well at least they won their 6-1 against 10 men trophy. Someone please give them medals for that!

That forum - or rather Spurs fans - are deluded!

Chief123

“6-1, 7-2? No, we’ll make it 7-1”
:houllier:
Well at least they won their 6-1 against 10 men trophy. Someone please give them medals for that!

That forum - or rather Spurs fans - are deluded!
I couldn’t believe how many of them genuinely believe they can win the league. They bottle so many games on their own never mind a season.

united_99

I couldn’t believe how many of them genuinely believe they can win the league. They bottle so many games on their own never mind a season.
I am in disbelief currently reading their forum. Thanks for sharing the link. I have just switched off my TV. Will read this and post some quotes before I go to bed.
I knew they were deluded but my God, as if winning the league was that easy. I mean Spurs fans off all people must know exactly how you win the league, right?

cyberman

Whoever played the slide rule pass in for the cross for West Hams second made one of the most unnecessary no look passes in the history of football. It went 3 yards.
A complete pisstake from a player who was 3-1 down at the time.
What is football?

windco

How does anyone bottled 3 goal lead in the last 10 minutes :D ? Mourinho team used to had 1 goal lead in first 10 minutes especially with Chelsea and Inter then shut it that way till the end . The bottling culture at spurs is still too strong.

united_99

Their deluded fans:

League Champions here we come!

Kane > Pirlo

Just give us the title now. Not fair on the other teams to let them live with false hope.

We want 10.

Title is ours. It has to be. Not even Everton look this good.

We are Brazil 1970.

Real Madrid fans be slitting wrists by the time we sub on Bale.

By my calculations we should win this 18-0.

Such a shame fans aren’t allowed in the stadium...
We would be watching a mass West Ham exodus with only 18 minutes played!!

Something about the Covid situation suits us. The boys can just go out and express. Not saying our fans are often cnuts or anything.

Incredible performance. So much more fluid without Dele.

I could see Jose taking off Son and Kane at half time, this is a long season and we need to keep their legs fresh for the title run in.

Passing out the back under Poch shat me right up.. But these lot are passing about like Brazil 1970! P!ss takers.

I love that all the pundits assumed this league was a two-horse race. City looks years past their best football, Liverpool looked gettable after the restart and now have no VVD.
If our central defense doesn’t fail us, we are winning this league.

It's not like this West ham side are shit we are just too good.

If you told me at the end of the Everton game that we'd be playing the best footballer in the league. Wed be fighting for a league title and Gareth Bale will join. Id have said you're dreaming.
Dont fecking wake me up.

Bergwyjn is the weak link in the front three, Bale will be a huge upgrade.

This is a PL winning team, mark my words, I have never been so confident.

I see clever cnuts out there today.

First half just flew by. They must be shitting themselves about who we bring on second half. Ndombele is reborn and Hojbjerg is giving them hell. Add that to the strike force and I reckon we're looking at another 6 goal massacre.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The Spurs match thread is a joy to read.

They really were talking about winning the league when 3-0 up. Quite literally unbelievable. I mean what delusion would give them any thought of winning the league? :lol:

From winning the league to absolute meltdown when the equaliser goes in here....

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum...-ham-sunday-18th-october-16-30.37583/page-117
They're pointing out all the (justified)weaknesses in other top 6 CBs ignoring they start Sanchez and Dier on a regular basis. That's a helluva downgrade of Peak Toby-Vertonghen from 3-4 years back. Still no clean sheet this season and also been conceding in europa v weak teams.

Edit: They'll be a contender in all the cups though for sure as you don't need amazing defence to win those competitions anymore.

AshRK

We win our game in hand and we are one point ahead of them. Strange season.

Wilt

We win our game in hand and we are one point ahead of them. Strange season.
Yes, strange season indeed.

Bizarrely, we are still only 1 point behind City yet the Bookmakers now have them as odds on favourites to win the prem, while Utd are quoted at around 33/1

Also, despite Spurs throwing away a 3 goal lead, they are now shortened to clear 12/1 third favourites.

mav_9me

Yes, strange season indeed.

Bizarrely, we are still only 1 point behind City yet the Bookmakers now have them as odds on favourites to win the prem, while Utd are quoted at around 33/1

Also, despite Spurs throwing away a 3 goal lead, they are now shortened to clear 12/1 third favourites.
Seriously? Wow. I don't think they are anywhere near clear of everyone else. Personally think it's a mess after Liverpool and city. A lot of teams have potential to come in top 4 imo.

Wilt

Seriously? Wow. I don't think they are anywhere near clear of everyone else. Personally think it's a mess after Liverpool and city. A lot of teams have potential to come in top 4 imo.
It’s a combination of things, I guess the bookmaker traders/risk analysts look at it in a different way to us. Of course like any trading market, prices are continually subject to change.