The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

Siezard

It's a miracle Son's still there. He could've spent the last few years at somewhere like Bayern winning everything and scoring 25 a season, instead he's nearly 29 and has never won a major trophy. Just seems a bit of a waste.
He won the Asian Cup Games.

Eddy_JukeZ

Spurs announce a sponsorship deal only for the sponsor to take the piss at them being trophy-less.

Literally only Spurs :lol: :lol: :lol:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Probably lost his job but that was worth it :lol:

Nico87

If you google search the definition of dodgy this is genuinely one of the examples google will give.

• of low quality.
“Spurs' dodgy defence had thrown away a 2-0 lead"

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I've no idea where they're going as a club now, their current team is obviously years past their peak, this'll be back to back seasons with no qualification for the UCL, currently no manager nor any outstanding candidate in line to take over. Can't see them being a threat to top 4 next season which'll mean in 12 months time the likes of Son and Kane really will be off. How do they turn this around?

I've no idea where they're going as a club now, their current team is obviously years past their peak, this'll be back to back seasons with no qualification for the UCL, currently no manager nor any outstanding candidate in line to take over. Can't see them being a threat to top 4 next season which'll mean in 12 months time the likes of Son and Kane really will be off. How do they turn this around?
seems like a strange time to post this.

RooneyLegend

Sell Son and Kane to fund an overhaul.

Haddock

Wow that was rotten. Spurs fans, where does that rank among the season's worst performances?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Son's level really seems to have dipped last few months, barely seemed to touch the ball in second half from either flank.

I suspect if Spurs didn't have the Kane stuff going on they might've looked to move him on in the summer while his value remains reasonably high, coming up to 30 and contract ends in 2023.

Would be summer 2008 repeat if they sold Son and then lost Kane right at the end of the window, too much quality to lose in one go particularly as they might have no european football at all on offer now.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

The ESL was bad enough, but how tonedeaf is the club right now to do visually regard their support as an inconvenience.

el3mel

Once Kane leaves next summer, they will be a top 10 club at best just like Arsenal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wonder what the best course of action is for Spurs here if he's absolutely hellbent on leaving. They might do well to get as much money up front as possible (100m) get some tasty trophy and personal accolade bonuses, and on top of that get 3-4 of the best youths City currently have as well (they've recruited well, right?). Quite unlikely there are first team players at City willing to go to Spurs.

What do resident Spurs fans on here have to say about it?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Wonder what the best course of action is for Spurs here if he's absolutely hellbent on leaving. They might do well to get as much money up front as possible (100m) get some tasty trophy and personal accolade bonuses, and on top of that get 3-4 of the best youths City currently have as well (they've recruited well, right?). Quite unlikely there are first team players at City willing to go to Spurs.

What do resident Spurs fans on here have to say about it?
He should be sold its clear he's had enough and wants to move on.

Never forget Spurs could have signed Grealish in 2018, but in typical Levy fashion he waited until the 11th hour only to put in a lowball offer of £15mil :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

The ESL was bad enough, but how tonedeaf is the club right now to do visually regard their support as an inconvenience.

Tone deaf is right, that's shocking from Tottenham's perspective.

Mike Smalling

If you google search the definition of dodgy this is genuinely one of the examples google will give.

• of low quality.
“Spurs' dodgy defence had thrown away a 2-0 lead"
Had to check this out :lol: still true. Trolled by their sponsors and Google.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The money side of it is meh to me tbh £100-£125m maybe more with add ons.
Yeah, I can understand that. It's not like you can replace him. But if you have a Rangnick installed (or even taking over as manager) you could identify the right players to rebuild and buy sensibly. Your next managerial appointment is obviously important, but you may do well to get in a DoF.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You are crazy
We wont get more for him, COVID has took its toll, you also have other players in his position like Mbappe and Halland, listen to his interview Kane himself thinks £100M is a hair price. NO doubt in my mind that's the fee the buying club (probably City) have said they are willing to pay, and make him their top earner. This deal is already done, only guy in the way is Levy, next season Harry will have 2 seasons left and will be older and worth less, IMO lookign at it, Kane is gone and I for one do not blame him.

TheReligion

Abusive
We wont get more for him, COVID has took its toll, you also have other players in his position like Mbappe and Halland, listen to his interview Kane himself thinks £100M is a hair price. NO doubt in my mind that's the fee the buying club (probably City) have said they are willing to pay, and make him their top earner. This deal is already done, only guy in the way is Levy, next season Harry will have 2 seasons left and will be older and worth less, IMO lookign at it, Kane is gone and I for one do not blame him.
Very level headed.