The treatment on here of Marcus Rashford

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
this isn’t about whatever he’s brave or a good guy to play injured or whether the manager is an ass for running him into the ground. I fully appreciate the balls and I think he’s a fecking good player.

I’ll say it again. His overall play, finishing aside, for a long time now has been very poor and it’s not helping our other forwards. I thought for ages that they were the problem but not only is there 0 service from the left, our promising play actually breaks down over there all the time too.

Last edited:

CG1010

woohoo 20 goals. We ran lukaku out of the club on around the same amount of goals because his overall play was poor. Remember that? It wasn’t too long ago.

Yes we looked a way better TEAM when Rashford came off. We scored 2 goals who were scored and assisted by the player who replaced him just to further drive home the point. Jesus it’s not a huge leap. He lost or wasted the ball nearly every time it went up to him. Same thing on Thursday and the Sunday before it and so on. His overall play while he’s unfit makes us very predictable and he provides almost no service or workrate for the other forwards to play off and he looks miserable.
FYI Lukaku had 15 goals in his last season and the current season still has lots of football left for Rashford to score. And Rashford plays on the wings. Also the comparison between Lukaku and Rashford in terms of general play is laughable. I am assuming you are using hyperbole to make your point.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
this isn’t about whatever he’s brave or a good guy to play injured or whether the manager is an ass for running him into the ground. I fully appreciate the balls and I think he’s a fecking good player.

I’ll say it again. His overall play, finishing aside, for a long time now has been very poor and it’s not helping our other forwards I thought for ages that they were the problem but not only is there 0 service from the left, our promising play actually breaks down over there all the time too.
A lot of that comes because he's playing with a wooden ankle. Can't be easy when you've got so many pain killers you can't feel your foot.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
FYI Lukaku had 15 goals in his last season and the current season still has lots of football left for Rashford to score. And Rashford plays on the wings. Also the comparison between Lukaku and Rashford in terms of general play is laughable. I am assuming you are using hyperbole to make your point.
He doesnt use any logic in his points. He just pounds his fist on the desk and screams RASHFORD BAD

Ali Dia

yep but people with "no petty agenda" still have to have their constant moan apparently
I daresay it’s you who has got more of an agenda if you can’t have a conversation without getting all annoyed about it. I just want the team to play better. The team. Do you genuinely think his team play has been good enough to keep him in the team no questions asked in every game? Do you not see moves repeatedly breaking down with him, injured or not. Do you not see him trying to dribble everyone half the time while his teammates are open? If he’s injured he should be taken out. We definitely played better without him yesterday and if you can’t see that then it’s you with the agenda.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

I’ll say it again. His overall play, finishing aside, for a long time now has been very poor and it’s not helping our other forwards I thought for ages that they were the problem but not only is there 0 service from the left, our promising play actually breaks down over there all the time too.
Glad you have said it again.
I will also say it again and again.
Even a half fit Rashford has been better for us than any of our other attackers. He is also not holding anyone back, he has a very good understanding with a lot of our players.
As for the others, Martial is holding himself back despite all the backing from Ole, Greenwood is having the famous 2nd season but has still had some very good games and Cavani is doing as well as a 34 year old with injuries can do.

Ali Dia

injured Rashford is about as detrimental to our play as Lukaku the target man was

Last edited:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Even a half fit Rashford has been better for us than any of our other attackers. He is also not holding anyone back, he has a very good understanding with a lot of our players.
As for the others, Martial is holding himself back despite all the backing from Ole, Greenwood is having the famous 2nd season but has still had some very good games and Cavani is doing as well as a 34 year old with injuries can do.
Well said that lad

CG1010

injured Rashford is about as detrimental to our play as Lukaku was
I really think you should be made to re-watch all games of the 2018-19 season where Lukaku played. Where there is valid source of criticism for Rashford, it is in making poor decisions at crucial stages and not doing his defensive duties. I really don't know where this notion of him being detrimental to our general poor play even comes from. If he is detrimental to it, then I wonder who creates it? :confused:

Ali Dia

We were a lot more free flowing when he came off. Our attacks were coming from both sides and we were getting in behind and turning them around. Has Rashford crossed one in early for Cavani at any stage this season? He hasn’t. He takes a touch and decides whether he’s going to dribble into the box or knock it back to shaw. If you are a striker that’s not service and if you’re a defender it’s a dream. It’s actually slowing us down and it’s quite limiting and predictable when they are the main options. Also the rest of our forwards have to press while Rashford stays up. I feel like It’s an awkward setup designed to get the most out of an injured player.

@Ramshock that’s my logic

Last edited:

Ali Dia

I really think you should be made to re-watch all games of the 2018-19 season where Lukaku played. Where there is valid source of criticism for Rashford, it is in making poor decisions at crucial stages and not doing his defensive duties. I really don't know where this notion of him being detrimental to our general poor play even comes from. If he is detrimental to it, then I wonder who creates it? :confused:
We made a major mistake trying to play lukaku as a lone target man. If we played him in the Cavani role and hit him with crosses back across the box and balls in behind to run onto then we probably wouldn’t be looking for a striker right now.
Does everyone just say the same stuff on here and then jump on anyone who has even slightly different views?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We were a lot more free flowing when he came off. Our attacks were coming from both sides and we were getting in behind and turning them around. Has Rashford crossed one in early for Cavani at any stage this season? He hasn’t. He takes a touch and decides whether he’s going to dribble into the box or knock it back to shaw. It’s actually quite limiting and predictable when they are the options
Football is being played over 90 mins. Greenwood wasn’t good against Granada. However when he comes in against Spurs after their defence was tired after dealing 72 mins with Rashford & Co, he will have it easier. That’s not to say that Greenwood didn’t do well yesterday.
We are probably not doing Rashford a favour by playing him all the time, but our options are limited as we look mostly predictable without him. There is a reason he plays so many games and there is a reason our players look to get the ball to him (and Bruno) as often as possible.
Yes as every other player in our team he has things to improve, but claiming anything close to that he is holding us back or we look better without him couldn’t be any further from the truth in my honest opinion.

Ali Dia

Football is being played over 90 mins. Greenwood wasn’t good against Granada. However when he comes in against Spurs after their defence was tired after dealing 72 mins with Rashford & Co, he will have it easier. That’s not to say that Greenwood didn’t do well yesterday.
We are probably not doing Rashford a favour by playing him all the time, but our options are limited as we look mostly predictable without him. There is a reason he plays so many games and there is a reason our players look to get the ball to him (and Bruno) as often as possible.
Yes as every other player in our team he has things to improve, but claiming anything close to that he is holding us back or we look better without him couldn’t be any further from the truth in my honest opinion.
I don’t think when he’s fit he holds us back. Just this injured incarnation that has to play in every game and looks like he’s not enjoying it at all. He’s providing nothing for his teammates apart from goals. A winger should be semi creative and unpredictable and with some defensive duties

CG1010

We made a major mistake trying to play lukaku as a lone target man. If we played him in the Cavani role and hit him with crosses back across the box and balls in behind to run onto then we probably wouldn’t be looking for a striker right now.
Does everyone just say the same stuff on here and then jump on anyone who has even slightly different views?
I am sorry if you feel being jumped upon (sincerely). What you may be saving in this post that we could have utilised Lukaku is possibly true, especially as he never got to really working with Ole. He turned around careers of many so its possible he could have made Lukaku fit in the team much better. Having said that Rashford is miles ahead of him.

Ali Dia

I am sorry if you feel being jumped upon (sincerely). What you may be saving in this post that we could have utilised Lukaku is possibly true, especially as he never got to really working with Ole. He turned around careers of many so its possible he could have made Lukaku fit in the team much better. Having said that Rashford is miles ahead of him.
Fit Rashford is miles better than Lukaku (but we still need a striker about the same age as Rom) :)

Ali Dia

He doesnt use any logic in his points. He just pounds his fist on the desk and screams RASHFORD BAD
is the irony not lost on you that what you are doing is the exact same thing but going

“RASHFORD GOOD”

and it’s not even up for discussion.

at least I’m trying to have a discussion and not just put someone down because they don’t agree with me

RUCK4444

The guys been playing through the pain barrier with injections to help the side he loves.

Anybody who didn't care would have just said he's injured and sat on the sidelines collecting his money and waiting until he was 100% fit.
This as well.

Look at the constant sicknotes we have in the squad, a player who puts his body on the line and plays through pain when you need them on the pitch is what you want if you want to get back to the top.

We shouldn’t have time for passengers and players who need carrying.

Bailly strikes me as one of those players... oh another knock Bailly? Feckin run it off lad! That’s how I would deal with some of them. They’d be crocked by 28 but whatevs.

Ali Dia

This as well.

Look at the constant sicknotes we have in the squad, a player who puts his body on the line and plays through pain when you need them on the pitch is what you want if you want to get back to the top.

We shouldn’t have time for passengers and players who need carrying.

Bailly strikes me as one of those players... oh another knock Bailly? Feckin run it off lad! That’s how I would deal with some of them. They’d be crocked by 28 but whatevs.
I think you’re dead right. It’s commendable that he’d play through the pain for us but surely there’s a happy medium between getting the best out of him and having us play better as a unit. What I saw yesterday makes me think we could give him a rest and keep winning and play better football

DoomSlayer

I think you’re dead right. It’s commendable that he’d play through the pain for us but surely there’s a happy medium between getting the best out of him and having us play better as a unit. What I saw yesterday makes me think we could give him a rest and keep winning and play better football
Now I can agree with this. The problem is only Pogba and Greenwood have shown very good performances on the left, Martial has had a bad season overall and Cavani has been unfit too often. So actually a lot of the time Rashford has to play, unfortunately, and I do fear it will be detrimental to his health.

We've all seen what a 100% match fit Rashford can do. The fact that even whilst carrying so many injury problem, he is consistently one of our best players in terms of goal involvements, it just shows his ability and his importance to the first 11. If we had a consistent 9 and RW with similar output, or just a world class striker who can carry the burden of scoring a big part of the goals, we'd be a top team, in my opinion.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I can agree with you in one way, playing the diamond or the 3 at the top and having Rashford play on the right is pointless when you have Greenwood available and fit who plays off the right much better.

As for playing better football, having Pogba back fit is making us play better football in my view.

Ali Dia

Now I can agree with this. The problem is only Pogba and Greenwood have shown very good performances on the left, Martial has had a bad season overall and Cavani has been unfit too often. So actually a lot of the time Rashford has to play, unfortunately, and I do fear it will be detrimental to his health.

We've all seen what a 100% match fit Rashford can do. The fact that even whilst carrying so many injury problem, he is consistently one of our best players in terms of goal involvements, it just shows his ability and his importance to the first 11. If we had a consistent 9 and RW with similar output, or just a world class striker who can carry the burden of scoring a big part of the goals, we'd be a top team, in my opinion.

I reckon it’s probably on Pogba and maybe even James to give Rashford the matches off. The only problem is Im guessing it’s deeper than that and that’s why they haven’t even attempted to try and rest him for a few weeks and take that chance. I’d say it’s a surgery job after the euros and resting won’t make a huge difference. Id say the thinking is if he says he’s good to play and he’s still scoring then let him off and manage the games. I would much rather he got fit and we struggled to adapt for a while than he doesn’t and we continue to struggle with him in the team. I guess pointing out stuff Rashford isn’t currently doing well while he’s injured isn’t going to go down well on here but it’s worth a chat anyway. We do have other options we could use even if people don’t like them as much.

RUCK4444

Yeah I agree he looked like a player carrying a knock yesterday.

You respect the player for the will to play and potentially aggravate an injury but it’s not ideal and that’s what frustrates with the regular absentees.

Like most of the starting 11 he would no doubt benefit from a rest to nurse this knock.

Reddevildans

You do know he is playing injured right? Or does that not matter?
Ofcourse it matters. A rest will do him good. All I'm saying is he's far from fulfilled his potential. Certain aspects of his game like decision making has nothing to do with playing with injuries.