The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
New Bill: No War in North Korea Without Congressional Authorization

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/news...rth-korea-without-congressional-authorization

U.S. Senator Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) on Tuesday led U.S. Senators Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), and Tom Udall (D-N.M.) in introducing a bill prohibiting President Trump from starting a preemptive war against North Korea, absent an imminent threat or without express authorization from Congress.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Then they will be wondering why the feck they still don’t have any jobs and why nobody told them the process was automated and the money will be going to shareholders rather than them.
I know he is fooling themselves. Just look at his tax plan: it's for the rich.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They're keeping his briefings short so he doesn't get overloaded with details. His brain must be fried from when they tried to explain what happened on Monday. :lol:

He's out of town for 11 days. Perfect time for Mueller to drop a few more bombs.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't think they'll do it while he's in Asia on a diplomatic tour, it would take away and undermine security and trade talks.
It could, however I don't Mueller would take Trump's meetings into consideration for when he times his indictments.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is lots of fun now. Feels like we can take our feet off the peddles and free wheel down hill while the Trump Admin and GOP tear themselves apart.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The best part about all of it is that Trump can't trust Kushner anymore, nor can he blindly take the advice of Bannon or Stone - so he's going to have to rely on his own instincts, which imo will eventually sink him. We are on a downward spiral that can only end one way.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
The best part about all of it
I think the best part is we have all been saying for over a year now that the man who DEMANDS loyalty from everyone above anything else will never ever show it to anyone else, no matter who they are, family included. This just shows that we were spot on. I can't wait to see the infighting and hopefully the Trump's tear themselves apart.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The best part about all of it is that Trump can't trust Kushner anymore, nor can he blindly take the advice of Bannon or Stone - so he's going to have to rely on his own instincts, which imo will eventually sink him. We are on a downward spiral that can only end one way.
Nuclear holocaust?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nuclear holocaust?
It will end by him getting desperate and doing something that he thinks will preserve his Presidency, which will actually wind up breaking another law and result in him either impeached or getting overwhelmingly voted out.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It will end by him getting desperate and doing something that he thinks will preserve his Presidency, which will actually wind up breaking another law and result in him either impeached or getting overwhelmingly voted out.
My gut tells me he’s going to end up firing Mueller somehow and the house republicans will finally be forced to call for impeachment. Trump will then agree a deal with him where he steps down on the basis that the investigation stops there and the GOP House and Senate will breath a sigh of relief as it’s no doubt getting a bit close to home for them all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
My gut tells me he’s going to end up firing Mueller somehow and the house republicans will finally be forced to call for impeachment. Trump will then agree a deal with him where he steps down on the basis that the investigation stops there and the GOP House and Senate will breath a sigh of relief as it’s no doubt getting a bit close to home for them all.
That's possible, although the trouble he would have to go through in order to fire Mueller would be so self-incriminating that there would be little remaining doubt for the house to proceed - all at a time when the GOP are going to be struggling with no accomplishments in the lead up to the mid terms.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
The sad truth is that too many people think like this and they call themselves conservative Christians.
Jesus preached an entire sermon against the very idea.
There's a discussion about exactly this on another forum I'm a member of with the first comment being that you can't be a Christian and a conservative unless you ignore large parts of the bible. The people who disagree, who are all conservatives and Christians btw, all argue against it by saying that their interpretation of the bible regarding taxes, helping the poor, the government etc makes the original statement rubbish.. :rolleyes:

You'd think an almighty supergod could spread his wise words in a slightly better way that a man made book which is so strongly dependent on interpretation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
@Raoul do you think the tax reform will actually happen?
I think some form of it will eventually happen - probably something a bit watered down from what Trump originally ran on. Republicans will be under immense pressure to pass something since not taking any action will leave them exposed in the 18 midterms.

Abizzz

Drumpf is scared to visit the DMZ

This shows him up as the complete and utter wimp that he is. It's beyond me how any self respecting republican service man/woman can rally behind such a lack of courage. Has he been to the west coast since insulting Kim :lol: ?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think some form of it will eventually happen - probably something a bit watered down from what Trump originally ran on. Republicans will be under immense pressure to pass something since not taking any action will leave them exposed in the 18 midterms.
They'll need to do it before the year's out surely? Not many days in session left now and once 2018 is year everyone will be in mid-term mode you'd think?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They'll need to do it before the year's out surely? Not many days in session left now and once 2018 is year everyone will be in mid-term mode you'd think?
The mid term season will truly kick in sometime after the new year. I'd imagine the Republicans will try to ram something through before the end of the year or if they can't get it done, they will regroup and make a massive push for both Obamacare and Tax Reform early next year. The big wildcard in all of this is of course something stupid Trump might do between now and then which is why so many of them want this done and dusted sooner rather than later. If they don't have anything by next summer then GOP members seeking reelection will be massively exposed as both legislative failures and Trump enablers.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Facebook, Google, and Twitter execs were on the hill today talking about how Russian ads influenced the election.

Boycott

This shows him up as the complete and utter wimp that he is. It's beyond me how any self respecting republican service man/woman can rally behind such a lack of courage. Has he been to the west coast since insulting Kim :lol: ?
Former President Jimmy Carter is offering to go to North Korea and negotiate for him. He's 93 years old!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Especially when Trump himself actively dodged the draft because he couldn't be arsed.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
keeping honest, i would have dodged going to vietnam aswel. it was such a pointless war with nothing to gain
Oh yeah, I'd do anything to get out of military service myself. But I wouldn't then try to build a political career with a party and movement that absolutely adores the military and waxes lyrical about them and what they do at every opportunity.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The mid term season will truly kick in sometime after the new year. I'd imagine the Republicans will try to ram something through before the end of the year or if they can't get it done, they will regroup and make a massive push for both Obamacare and Tax Reform early next year. The big wildcard in all of this is of course something stupid Trump might do between now and then which is why so many of them want this done and dusted sooner rather than later. If they don't have anything by next summer then GOP members seeking reelection will be massively exposed as both legislative failures and Trump enablers.
Are there any red states that are known to be in favour of traditional conservative values (think Flake) and GOP candidates could possibly run their midterm campaign as being a moderate and against Trump?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Are there any red states that are known to be in favour of traditional conservative values (think Flake) and GOP candidates could possibly run their midterm campaign as being a moderate and against Trump?
Doubtful. A vast majority of GOP voters still back Trump, although that is beginning to slightly erode now. As long as he stays about 75-80% support among Republican voters, it will be hard for anyone on the GOP side to challenge him imo. What could obviously change that is some seismic event related to the Russia investigation or something that makes it look like he may get impeached - and/or - a complete lack of GOP accomplishment prior to the mid terms.

ChaddyP

Oh yeah, I'd do anything to get out of military service myself. But I wouldn't then try to build a political career with a party and movement that absolutely adores the military and waxes lyrical about them and what they do at every opportunity.
point taken

Status
Not open for further replies.