The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Absolute

The best part about all of it is that Trump can't trust Kushner anymore, nor can he blindly take the advice of Bannon or Stone - so he's going to have to rely on his own instincts, which imo will eventually sink him. We are on a downward spiral that can only end one way.
I think Watergate2 is a non-starter. Republicans aren't going to self-destruct once again just because Democrats and the Media, if there is a distinction, would like to see it happen.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think Watergate2 is a non-starter. Republicans aren't going to self-destruct once again just because Democrats and the Media, if there is a distinction, would like to see it happen.
Might not necessarily need to be the GOP destructing though if incriminating stuff works its way to Trump.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It won't be Watergate 2 - more like Whitewater 2...where the President gets impeached for doing something completely unrelated to the original parameters of the investigation.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is where I feel a ting of apathy... You're fecking yourself. The world is moving away from it but you're being stubborn? Naive? Foolish? Lazy?

Edit: They are really calling the new bill 'cut cut cut'? :lol::lol::lol:

Nogbadthebad

This is where I feel a ting of apathy... You're fecking yourself. The world is moving away from it but you're being stubborn? Naive? Foolish? Lazy?

Edit: They are really calling the new bill 'cut cut cut'? :lol::lol::lol:
Yes, the immediate response I wanted to say was, bloody idiots, you are screwing yourselves.

BUT, this is trump's legacy, he made promises to these people he cannot possibly keep, and while it is easy to say they shouldn't believe anything twitler says, because clearly they shouldn't, it's also important to remember it's not just dorito mussolini saying it.

When all the news they hear, from talk radio to fox, and especially the gop elected officials, are also telling them the exact same thing, I do feel a bit sorry for them. From the outside, saying 'hey dumbass, they are lying to you' seems obvious, but there is a lifetime of propaganda that has led to this situation, and for them, I doubt they could even comprehend just how much they have been lied to. Until it will simply be too late.

Abizzz

Yes, the immediate response I wanted to say was, bloody idiots, you are screwing yourselves.

BUT, this is trump's legacy, he made promises to these people he cannot possibly keep, and while it is easy to say they shouldn't believe anything twitler says, because clearly they shouldn't, it's also important to remember it's not just dorito mussolini saying it.

When all the news they hear, from talk radio to fox, and especially the gop elected officials, are also telling them the exact same thing, I do feel a bit sorry for them. From the outside, saying 'hey dumbass, they are lying to you' seems obvious, but there is a lifetime of propaganda that has led to this situation, and for them, I doubt they could even comprehend just how much they have been lied to. Until it will simply be too late.
Nah not a chance. They're the morons who gave us the dorito, they've chosen to listen to the propaganda for a long time. Fox viewers etc. know what fox is doing to them, they chose to have it done to them, no sympathy.

My sympathy will be with whoever they'll be blaming come 2025.

Jericholyte2

Just seen Trump tweeting about how the NYC murderer should receive the death penalty...surely he is risking a mistrial here by influencing the potential jury pool due to his influence?

Nogbadthebad

Just seen Trump tweeting about how the NYC murderer should receive the death penalty...surely he is risking a mistrial here by influencing the potential jury pool due to his influence?
I would think its almost certain that the lawyers will argue he can never get a fair trial after that.

Nixon did something similar in the Manson trial if I recall, although without the reach of twitter and things, the effect didn't destroy the trial.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Not anymore than all the media coverage including mentioningof the notes and statements the murderer made to the FBI.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is even more interesting.....

Fair fecks to him for that.

Perhaps I am reading too much into it but I thought his line about Milo was a pretty transparent metaphor. He backed Trump, Bannon and Co because he believed they would push for a small government and champion the conservative values he holds dear. He thought they would upset the system and move closer to a smaller government with "less experts telling people what is good for them". The reality is that they merely replaced the experts with unqualified morons who were equally happy to tell people what is good for them (or didn't replace them at all and left holes in the system rather than adjusting the policies and methods to gradually render them obsolete). He also sounds incredibly disappointed by the ignorance and bigotry the administration has brought out.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fair fecks to him for that.

Perhaps I am reading too much into it but I thought his line about Milo was a pretty transparent metaphor. He backed Trump, Bannon and Co because he believed they would push for a small government and champion the conservative values he holds dear. He thought they would upset the system and move closer to a smaller government with "less experts telling people what is good for them". The reality is that they merely replaces the experts with unqualified morons who were equally happy to tell people what is good for them. He also sounds incredibly disappointed by the ignorance and bigotry the administration has brought out.
Yeah but the big problem still remains - as he said, he sold his control of Breitbart to his daughters. Rebekka is reportedly the one who has been at the helm of late anyway so it looks like Bannon can continue to proceed with this antics. On a positive note, at least he acknowledges that backing Milo was stupid mistake.

Jericholyte2

I would think its almost certain that the lawyers will argue he can never get a fair trial after that.

Nixon did something similar in the Manson trial if I recall, although without the reach of twitter and things, the effect didn't destroy the trial.
If memory serves me correct Niton retracted his statement before any trial took place.

Nogbadthebad

I wouldn't read too much into the billionaires like mercer professing regrets, the man was also behind brexit for farage.

Distancing himself now though, probably means more in the context of the investigation than any sort of self evaluation from him. In other words, when these guys abandon ship, it probably means trumps fecked.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Yeah but the big problem still remains - as he said, he sold his control of Breitbart to his daughters. Rebekka is reportedly the one who has been at the helm of late anyway so it looks like Bannon can continue to proceed with this antics. On a positive note, at least he acknowledges that backing Milo was stupid mistake.
He's helped light the house on fire and now wants out when things have become too hot for him personally.

If he genuinely believes what he's written, there is much, much more he can do to help address the issues he claims he did not support. If the actions don't match up, it's just empty words to soothe stakeholders in his businesses (investors, employees, colleagues) who are angry with him for bringing them along for the ride.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
This is even more interesting.....

This is very suspicious. Just like I can't read Donna Brazile's article, I can't read this letter.
There was an email leak from Breitbart published by Buzzfeed, which shows just how closely the Mercers were working with Milo etc. He had to check in with a Mercer operative for every major decision, and sometimes for every story. She controlled Milo and everyone under him at Breitbart and after that.
Let's just say I'm skeptical of any change.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is very suspicious. Just like I can't read Donna Brazile's article, I can't read this letter.
There was an email leak from Breitbart published by Buzzfeed, which shows just how closely the Mercers were working with Milo etc. He had to check in with a Mercer operative for every major decision, and sometimes for every story. She controlled Milo and everyone under him at Breitbart and after that.
Let's just say I'm skeptical of any change.
I believe they've cut ties with Milo. He was recently seen yucking it up with Spencer and his mob in Dallas bars, after which even Bannon cut his ties, so I would think Mercer is doing the same here.

JustAFan

There absolutely is a a difference in reporting facts vs POTUS broadcasting opinions on sentencing to a mass audience
I dislike Trump as much as everyone here but while the accused's lawyers will use every method they can to help their client in the end a judge will be unlikely to throw the charges out over this.

It might get used to remove some from consideration for the jury but it will not be to the point that the entire jury pool is contaminated beyond a point of being able to have a fair trial.

There are plenty of people in the US who do not follow Trump blindly.

Also defense lawyers will certainly make an unsuccessful attempt to claim the news coverage had created an enviroment where the jury pool already assumes his guilt. It is quite often attempted but rarely successful.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I dislike Trump as much as everyone here but while the accused's lawyers will use every method they can to help their client in the end a judge will be unlikely to throw the charges out over this.

It might get used to remove some from consideration for the jury but it will not be to the point that the entire jury pool is contaminated beyond a point of being able to have a fair trial.

There are plenty of people in the US who do not follow Trump blindly.

Also defense lawyers will certainly make an unsuccessful attempt to claim the news coverage had created an enviroment where the jury pool already assumes his guilt. It is quite often attempted but rarely successful.
In the end there likely won't be too much that changes as a result, but it is certainly more unnecessary behavior from him that will ultimately make prosecutors lives more difficult simply because he has an inability to moderate himself. It, at the very least, increases the possibility of adverse conditions for going to trial.

You'd be surprised at the number who *do* follow him blindly. His opinions become their opinions (see the swing in Republican opinion on the NFL in the last month) and I'm sure that case will be made by the defense.

JustAFan

In the end there likely won't be too much that changes as a result, but it is certainly more unnecessary behavior from him that will ultimately make prosecutors lives more difficult simply because he has an inability to moderate himself. It, at the very least, increases the possibility of adverse conditions for going to trial.

You'd be surprised at the number who *do* follow him blindly. His opinions become their opinions (see the swing in Republican opinion on the NFL in the last month) and I'm sure that case will be made by the defense.
I do live in the US so I do not need you to lecture me about those who do follow Trump. There are plenty who don't.

In the end there are enough who don't especially that it will not affect the ability to have a fair trial.

Yes it was dumb of him to say, well that goes for almost everything he says. But the point raised was it affecting the trial and in the end it won't.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The new tax plan is out and it will get me bigger tax breaks :nervous:
I wonder how your disposable income and quality of life will compare though. Medical bills, local infrastructures that you use every day - that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.