The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyH1

I think they will do that. He is being painted as an attention seeking grand-stander by his supporters on TV already.
They have 24 hours to throw everything they have at him. They're going to make it about him, not what Trump said to him. I think it's miscalculation on his part. It would have been much better to throw the kitchen sink at them.

Dan

The testimony starts 3pm GMT tomorrow, time for an early finish. :drool:

Tyrion

Two interesting things from the Washington Examiner (who are apparently right wing).

Apparently Trump voters don't care if he lies.

In better news, the Dems look in good shape (relative to the GOP anyway).

The current seven-point Democratic edge in party affiliation is similar to what it was in 1998 and 2006, the two strongest Democratic years among the most recent midterm elections," said Gallup.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The GOP and Trump will do a deal.
"Don't run for second term, get on board with our agenda and we will not impeach you".

Fergies Gum

Neutral

BTV
no counter-intelligence investigation into the sitting US President...the times we live in

what a relief :lol:

Because the nature of the hostile foreign nation is well known, counterintelligence investigations tend to be centered on individuals the FBI suspects to be witting or unwitting agents of that foreign power. When the FBI develops reason to believe an American has been targeted for recruitment by a foreign power or is covertly acting as an agent of the foreign power, the FBI will “open an investigation” on that American and use legal authorities to try to learn more about the nature of any relationship with the foreign power so it can be disrupted.

In that context, prior to the January 6 meeting, I discussed with the FBI’s leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that we were not investigating him personally. That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him. We agreed I should do so if circumstances warranted. During our one-on-one meeting at Trump Tower, based on President Elect Trump’s reaction to the briefing and without him directly asking the question, I offered that assurance.

Carolina Red

Staff
Two interesting things from the Washington Examiner (who are apparently right wing).

Apparently Trump voters don't care if he lies.

In better news, the Dems look in good shape (relative to the GOP anyway).
I said it a day or two ago... these people are treating political figures like sports teams.

From the article...
A new and unusual study of candidate "misinformation" found that if voters liked who was dishing it, they stuck with their pick even after the falsehood was revealed or corrected. "It appears that the negative political ramifications of disseminating misinformation are limited," the study said.
The GOP and Trump will do a deal.
"Don't run for second term, get on board with our agenda and we will not impeach you".
Might not matter if the Democrats flip Congress in the midterms

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Just switched over to Fox News Coverage and they are basically saying this is great news for Trump as vindicates him as doing nothing wrong

bazalini

Fox news are basically saying Comey has embarrassed himself with this #nothingburger. Comey will get what he deserves with building this up into something that it's not

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fox news are basically saying Comey has embarrassed himself with this #nothingburger. Comey will get what he deserves with building this up into something that it's not
It's what they do, they set the narrative and Bill Mitchell leads the deplorables to that tune on social media.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Fener1907

Sure, you'd need quite an imagination to read anything into excerpts such as this.

I added that I was not on anybody’s side politically and could not be counted on in the traditional political sense, a stance I said was in his best interest as the President.

A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.” I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.
Nothing suspect about that. Completely vindicated.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Yes it definitely is. When you combine it with what Trump allegedly asked of Rodgers and Coates, the fact that he asked Sessions to leave the room - it all paints a pretty damning narrative.
That's the narrative he is clearly trying to build. Every time he explains when Trumo asked something like this of him he painstakingly lays out all the fine details like Trump clearing the room, Trump insinuating families were welcome to trick Comey into believing it will be a social group event and not a 1 on 1 and Sessions reaction to Comey telling him he should make sure he is never left alone with him again, which he failed at and Trump seemed to be even more surreptitious about it after that.

I think it's going to be an absolutely masterful display tomorrow. He's going to have every answer rehearsed to every possible question and I think he's going to clearly outline the facts of what the law is and how it was broken to corner the GOP senators.

bazalini

It's all a bit like waiting on 3D TV after been told how great it would be.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We're going to get nothing from open sessions are we?

Watching Coats and Rogers squirm and look visibly ill refusing the answer any questions couldn't have painted them in a more guilty light.

I wonder what they said in private.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Wittes is Comey's friend

Expect another story to drop today.

I asumme this was related to the Comey testimony leak? Trying to figure out metaphor.

Edit - So apparently it's Diet Dr Browns Cream Soda which according to Wikipedia is a drink popular with the Jewish community in New York.

Something to do with Kushner? Or am I reading too much into it? Is he getting fired? :D

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Hmmmmmmm the last line of Comey's statement "That was the last time I spoke with President Trump" reminds me suspiciously like Forrest Gump saying "And that's all I have to say about that" Not sure that bodes well at all. :lol:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Hmmmmmmm the last line of Comey's statement "That was the last time I spoke with President Trump" reminds me suspiciously like Forrest Gump saying "And that's all I have to say about that" Not sure that bodes well at all. :lol:
I was going to comment on that line but forgot :lol: I was thinking there is definitely something allegorical about it but you nailed it with that comparison.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Well, Comey has a reputation as a showboater and he has an axe to grind against Trump.

If they can make the obstruction stick, is that an impeachable offence?
"Impeachable" basically just means anything that the House says is impeachable. The constitution just mentions "high crimes and misdemeanours", rather than anything specific. A Dem House would definitely get the ball rolling, but we might not get one for a while.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It must've been as awkward as Tom Hagen's dinner with Jack Woltz.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I was going to comment on that line but forgot :lol: I was thinking there is definitely something allegorical about it but you nailed it with that comparison.
There's just so much in that statement to comment on, I honestly cannot believe this discussion isn't ablaze like election night. I'm actually starting to wonder if i'm just reading too much in to things or reading between the lines too much and seeing what I want to rather than was actually is (or isn't) there.

Personally I thought the entire John McCain, Director Coats exchange to be extremely telling today, and now I have found the Comey statement to be just as telling too. Coats didn't stop McCain and basically agreed that the details in the Wapo article were true and Trump did try to intervene in an investigation. Comey says exactly the same, just he actually confirms it unlike Coats who just didn't deny it.

So there we have it, as we have all known or the very least, suspected, that Donald Trump has indeed broken the law and tried to get involved in investigations or get them diverted or actually stopped.

I don't see how hearing Comey say it will be much different because the only question now is what is going to be done about it? Because this is just the tip of the iceberg, on top of this he is breaching various conflicts of interest laws and I guarantee as shown yesterday, he will be involved in illegal use of campaign funds not to mention breaking emoluments clause laws too. Or is this just going to be another damp squid (lol) like everything else from the Access Hollywood tape to insulting a Gold Star family?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
1:22 onwards

Drumpf obviously asked Coates to obstruct justice as well. Good to see Heinrich nailed Coates on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.