The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

He's basically saying he was speechless whenever Trump said anything to him. Don't get the love in for Comey in here.
I sympathize... I do it all the time at work. Don't say anything, but won't do what was asked. Then again, I'm not FBI director.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's basically saying he was speechless whenever Trump said anything to him. Don't get the love in for Comey in here.
It's a perfectly reasonable response to being stood in the Oval Office and having the sitting President try and obstruct justice.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sessions' integrity being discussed, Comey implying there is dirt on him :drool:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Logically, if Trump said to Comey about tapes with hookers, then surely it must have been because he was worried about them being real and coming out? If he had never been with a Russian hooker whilst in Russia then he wouldn't have anything to worry about would he?

God he's so dim.

Fener1907

"You could have said, "Mr. president, this meeting is inappropriate...""

And the Republicans could grow a pair, but they won't.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Someone should ask why he didn't challenge Trump when he asked him to drop it, that would be a good question.

Oh wait, every single fecking R is going to repeat the same thing.

Dickheads.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Based on the GOP questions it seems they never had a real job. Why would you actively disagree with your new boss straight to his face? Surely just documenting what went on and saving it for later - as Comey did - is the best approach.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Someone should ask why he didn't challenge Trump when he asked him to drop it, that would be a good question.

Oh wait, every single fecking R is going to repeat the same thing.

Dickheads.
Looks like it doesn't it. I'll use their time as opportunities to go pee or grab some munchies...

Carolina Red

Staff
So that cements Russia's involvement

And the contrast dig he just put in there... meeting about protection against Russia with Trump? No. With Obama? Several.

Abizzz

It's a perfectly reasonable response to being stood in the Oval Office and having the sitting President try and obstruct justice.
Under the circumstances, given the unprecedented and contentious behaviour of Trump, silence was surely the right course of action. I don't see that his "speechless" admission is derogatory in any way.
Being the investigator he is he might have asked 'Do you hope so, or would you like me to make it happen?'

I sympathize... I do it all the time at work. Don't say anything, but won't do what was asked. Then again, I'm not FBI director.
Yeah that's another thing, the FBI director purposefully leaving the President under the impression he would 'see what he could do' without having any intention of doing something.

For the record: I'm not pro Trump.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Being the investigator he is he might have asked 'Do you hope so, or would you like me to make it to happen?'

Yeah that's another thing, the FBI director purposefully leaving the President under the impression he would 'see what he could do' without having any intention of doing something.

For the record: I'm not pro Trump.
He did say at one point that he became aware that he had to speak to others because of the uniqueness of Trump's request - that he didn't want to alert Trump that he was concerned.

Carolina Red

Staff
He's obviously implying, to me at least, that they have dirt on Sessions, as the reason he didn't report up the chain of command is because in doing so would compromise the FBI's investigation

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The repubs are just killing time. Pointless questions other than one objective -- establish the fact that Trump isnt under investigation.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Why do they keep saying it was 'never leaked' that Trump wasn't under investigation?

1. you can't 'leak' a negative
2. it was said repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.