The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

I find this absolutely incredible, mind boggling even as to why the feck was this not made more of before election night? And why the feck didn't it affect the vote? I also can't understand as to why it's still not getting the coverage it deserves and why the questions aren't being asked? I would have thought that something like this would be enough to call the whole election result in to question. It's just unbelievable that it's so blatant, but also that most people are just so blasé about it all. :houllier:
Well there was that statement from various agencies saying that Russia was the one that hacked the DNC (the one that Comey didn't want to put the FBI's name to...), but yeah, it's pretty amazing. But Lindsey Graham is making a fuss about it, so there's a decent chance something could happen there in reaction.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Well there was that statement from various agencies saying that Russia was the one that hacked the DNC (the one that Comey didn't want to put the FBI's name to...), but yeah, it's pretty amazing. But Lindsey Graham is making a fuss about it, so there's a decent chance something could happen there in reaction.
Yeah, I think Graham is almost like a lone voice though. Surely though, it has had an affect on voting? WikiLeaks and the reports certainly did, they were drip fed for months and kept at the top of most news cycles. Even when the moron had done something unthinkable, there was still an email story in the next segment. Also, with him still not releasing his tax returns (unfeckingbeleivable) nobody knows what ties he has to Russia, or anything like that. First, it should be a law that anyone running for President has to release their tax returns. That aside however, surely if he has ties to Russia, and with the hacking and WikiLeaks, surely that would put the whole election result in to question no? and surely that's a conflict of interests? It's supposed to be a democratic process without influence or interference and all that was certainly influencing and interfering with the election, and that's not mentioning the FBI press release a week before the election.

For the record, I would be just as angry and dismayed about this if it happened the other way round and helped Hillary win the election. It's undemocratic and a foreign country meddling in another's election. Mind you, many would say it's no more than the USA deserves because they have certainly meddled in many other countries elections themselves.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Last edited:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, okay. Mea culpa. That 'hardly criticised' thing is not defensible. Of course he's been criticised.

But the tone of coverage is very important in shaping the public's impression of a politician. Even those who know nothing about policy would still form a very favourable impression of Obama from his treatment by the press.
I've asked you this before and I'm pretty sure you dodged it, but how can you know how Obama has been portrayed by the media at large in the US when you live in Ireland? Maybe you see a bit of coverage here and there but I watch a lot of news and read newspapers here and see lots of cable news coverage. Obama got a rough ride from everybody when he fecked up and has had OTT demonization from the right for his entire presidency.

So what are your sources of news?

Abizzz

I find this absolutely incredible, mind boggling even as to why the feck was this not made more of before election night? And why the feck didn't it affect the vote? I also can't understand as to why it's still not getting the coverage it deserves and why the questions aren't being asked? I would have thought that something like this would be enough to call the whole election result in to question. It's just unbelievable that it's so blatant, but also that most people are just so blasé about it all. :houllier:
Well seeing that the Republicans seem to be fine with Donald being born in Pakistan (and smuggled to the US by KGB agents who themselves were former SS guards), it isn't much of a surprise that they accept Putin rigging their election.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
So let me get this straight.
-The President-elect of the United States used Russia to influence the election.
-Is proven to discriminate against minorities as a landlord.
-Tries to circumvent federal law to get his son-in-law into the administration.
-Employs an extreme-right maniac for one of the top jobs in the White House.
-Mocked a disabled person during the campaign.
-Bragged about sexual harassment and infidelity during the campaign.
-Branded a billion muslims as terrorists or at the very least suspicious.
-Called Mexican immigrants rapists and drug dealers.

Now, I haven't mentioned the fact that he has no experience as a politician, that he bullies the press and that he is a vindictive cnut and a dodgy bastard as far as his businesses go. Why was this allowed to happen? How?

Can somebody explain to me how he could call anyone crooked and not be laughed out of town let alone get elected president? I just can't fathom it. I disagree that you have to give him a chance or that he will mellow, that it isn't so bad etc. By condoning that ogre you are condoning racism, sexism and islamaphobia. I have never been so shocked and upset by any political moment in my life. I fear for my children, I fear for values of liberty and equality and I fear the climate is fecked.

Dan

-The President-elect of the United States used Russia to influence the election.

Now, I haven't mentioned the fact that he has no experience as a politician, that he bullies the press and that he is a vindictive cnut and a dodgy bastard as far as his businesses go. Why was this allowed to happen? How?

Can somebody explain to me how he could call anyone crooked and not be laughed out of town let alone get elected president? I just can't fathom it. I disagree that you have to give him a chance or that he will mellow, that it isn't so bad etc. By condoning that ogre you are condoning racism, sexism and islamaphobia. I have never been so shocked and upset by any political moment in my life. I fear for my children, I fear for values of liberty and equality and I fear the climate is fecked.
All the pieces matter.

Water Melon

Well seeing that the Republicans seem to be fine with Donald being born in Pakistan (and smuggled to the US by KGB agents who themselves were former SS guards), it isn't much of a surprise that they accept Putin rigging their election.
Are these just internet rumours or any solid evidence is available to support such claims?

Abizzz

Ahh that's just the rigged MSM trying to fool you. I have "extremely credible sources". One of those KGB agents/former SS guards now works for fedex and delivers me my parcels. He told me so himself!

Edit: I mean just look at his birth certificate. It's obviously fake. It says he is born in 1946, in Queens, New York. Brooklyn was its own city until the great mistake of 1898, when it was incorporated into great New York. How can his birth certificate state Queens/New York if that wasn't even New York until 50 years before? I mean just think about it...

Kaos

A good first step to defeating radical Islam.

If you are innocent you have nothing to fear.
Not sure if serious, but either way its a ridiculous idea since it perpetuates an "us vs them" mentality which is exactly what extremists strive for. They want Muslims to feel singled out and marginalised to sway them towards extremist sentiments.

Smores

Yet more corruption and conflicts of interest. Unbelievable. The USA is the hands of a fecking moron snake oil salesman and people fell for it. So very sad. :(

More corruption....

http://joshuafoust.com/this-is-not-normal/

And..............

https://www.thenation.com/article/h...e-victory-is-unprecedented-and-still-growing/
There's enough serious matters to focus on without all the petty criticisms. He boasted on his self bio with the things he's known for anyway, to stomp feet and call it corruption is a bit pathetic imo who cares.

There's a temptation to want to adopt and mirror the pathetic attacks of the right now that they're in charge so as to give them a peice of their own medicine. Its not beneficial to anyone, CNN seem to have taken this path since the result speculating and almost taking issue with the idea Trump would become less radical.

Abizzz

There's a temptation to want to adopt and mirror the pathetic attacks of the right now that they're in charge so as to give them a peice of their own medicine. Its not beneficial to anyone,
Who cares if it is beneficial. It's fun. I have a cousin from Michigan coming over in a week and her husband is a hardcore conservative, and I suspect supportive of Trump, i'm already looking forward to winding him up with Pakistan.
(In my defence they come here rather often and I always feel obliged to take em around and spend time with them despite her husband being excessively arduous)

Neutral

BTV
Most probably just the migrants, it would be nigh on impossible to add US born muslims or converts. Well I'm guessing anyway
Impossible to get EVERYONE, but if they want, it can be done - but would cause quite a stir. I've already been told by *some* and it's barely a handful of my non muslim friends - hey, if you've got nothing to hide...it shouldn't worry you. In fact it should do the opposite. Yup, because that's how I feel when I hear people talking about the govt putting in me a separate database because I'm muslim.

Thankfully - 'our' biggest ally when stuff like this comes up, is the ADL. Yes, the evil Jews - every time anything like this is mentioned, the ADL comes out swinging and it is very much appreciated.

In fact as far as US Muslims are concerned and if one had to generalize, American Jews >>>> Evangelicals, when it comes to how we are looked up and perceived.

The Firestarter

Holy shit. I expected something like this, but not so soon. Who would have thought that we will be in a situation where we trust commissioned officers more than military's civilian commander-in-chief. In theory the should refuse to carry out any unlawful order. But that definition is quite vague. Is an order to annihilate 20 million people in a single non-retaliatory strike lawful? Depends on many circumstances. I think the US should change the way offensive strategic weapons use is authorized.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

MAGA!

For Trump to be president outlines the issues that they have with their democracy. Not being able to be held accountable for lying to the electorate (happened during Brexit too) is the main issue imo. Should be laws to punish politicians for lying, making mistakes is one thing which would account for 10-15% but being up in the 70%s is just incredible. I'd also strap Farage into a spaceship and just launch him at the Sun.

NinjaFletch

God, if only:

'Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people.

It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably -- probably -- from the Middle East. But we don't know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what's happening. And it's got to stop and it's got to stop fast.'

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff

Anyone who's trying to spin Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dumber into somehow capable of being competent in their new roles really needs to watch this. I wouoldn't trust this idiot with managing a branch of McDonalds.
I'm not sure what the better scenario is. That he's stupid and doesn't understand evolution, or that he's sinister and is pretending to disregard it in order to play favorably with his evangelical base. Either way he's dangerous. He makes Trump look good.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I'm not sure what the better scenario is. That he's stupid and doesn't understand evolution, or that he's sinister and is pretending to disregard it in order to play favorably with his evangelical base. Either way he's dangerous. He makes Trump look good.
As a pragmatist I would prefer Trump in a role of leadership over Pence any day of the week.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
There is nothing good about singling out a religion or its followers. If you want to defeat ISIS stop bombing Muslim countries, stop slagging Muslims off all the time and stop harassing Muslims that live in Western Countries. Have some respect and show them that their religion and beliefs will be respected on a par with any other religion.

That would be a far better start and far more effective than an antagonising Muslim register. But why the feck would the moron care about that? He's not even a Christian for fecks sake. He's about as religious as my cat. Knows about as much about the bible too.
Sounds good but how do you explain the terrorist attacks in countries like Germany, Pakistan, Belgium, Bangladesh etc.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

You know, they need someone who represents Christian values or something.
God, if only:

'Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people.

It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably -- probably -- from the Middle East. But we don't know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what's happening. And it's got to stop and it's got to stop fast.'
That's one of the things we're worried about, Donald.

Akshay

Staff
Pretty much all politicians pretend to support ideas they actually don't in order to garner votes. He's no different. The part of the Republican base that denies evolution is acting foolishly, granted.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Pretty much all politicians pretend to support ideas they actually don't in order to garner votes. He's no different. The part of the Republican base that denies evolution is acting foolishly, granted.
Yeah, but you do wonder the extent to which this double think actually exists. We know politicians are essentially crooks who seek a public mandate every four years -- so, what they'll do is try and put their fingers on the pulse of public opinion and change their policies so that they garner support. I'd just like to know whether he actually believes it or not -- it doesn't make a whole lot of difference, but I'm curious.

Akshay

Staff
Yeah, but you do wonder the extent to which this double think actually exists. We know politicians are essentially crooks who seek a public mandate every four years -- so, what they'll do is try and put their fingers on the pulse of public opinion and change their policies so that they garner support. I'd just like to know whether he actually believes it or not -- it doesn't make a whole lot of difference, but I'm curious.
I do very much hope every time I hear that kind of nonsense that they don't really believe it. Although I guess that makes me want them to be dishonest, which is a bit strange in itself. We don't have very high standards for our politicians, which is evidenced by the kind of candidates that were nominated for this election.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
There's absolutely no way that someone like Trump doesn't accept evolution. Most church-going Christians accept evolution, let alone someone like him. I can't speak about the extent of his faith or whether it even exists, but this exchange between the Pope and a journalist a few months ago sums up my views.
PHILIP PULLELLA
Reuters
"One of the candidates for the White House, Republican Donald Trump, stated in a recent interview that the pope is a politician and maybe even a pawn, a tool for the Mexican government for immigration policy. He said that if elected, he wants to build a wall more than 1,550 miles long along the border. He wants to deport 11 million illegal immigrants, separating families, etc. Then I would first ask you what do you think about these allegations against him and if an American Catholic can vote for such a person?'”

POPE FRANCIS
"Well, thank God that he said, 'I am a political person,' because Aristotle defined the human being as a 'political animal:' so at least, I am human! And that 'I am a pawn...' well, perhaps, I don’t know... I’ll leave that to your judgment and that of the people... However, a person who only thinks about building walls, wherever they may be, and does not focus on building bridges is not a Christian. This is not the Gospel. In regards to voting and not voting, I will not get involved. I'm just saying that a man that is saying this is not a Christian, if he has really said all of these things. Until then, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.”
http://www.romereports.com/2016/11/09/what-pope-francis-said-about-donald-trump
Just because some American Christians support him, it doesn't mean that we all share their views.

GiddyUp

Fergies Gum

The feck?
False quote which has been corrected on the Telegraph site.

Question now is why the blogger is refusing to delete the tweet or post a clarification. He's tweeted like 10 times since and knows its a false quote.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
It falls under the requirement to follow any legal orders I believe, so what they will be looking at is the sometimes clear line and sometimes not so clear line as to what constitutes a legal or illegal order. It could also fall under their primary job of protecting the United States.

I keep feeling the Trump Presidency will not end peacefully, ideally a coup with the military leaders then immediately handing over power to the highest ranking official in the chain of succession who has not been arrested or otherwise removed from office or setting a new election to hand over power. Just the wild thoughts of a crazy American though.

Status
Not open for further replies.