The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Absolute

Nuclear is clean and green until it goes wrong, at which point you can lose everything. That we have had only two disasters since their conception has a lot to do with the pressure that came from those who feared nuclear power.
But you don't lose everything. The consequences of even worst case scenarios are much more limited than the doom mongering of the past suggested. For one thing Chernobyl proved that biological organisms can tolerate quite high exposure to nuclear radiation without suffering measurable damage. When the extreme rarity of such catastrophic events is factored in to risk calculations, nuclear ranks as a very safe technology.

The point is that the world would be in a much better position to phase out the use of fossil fuels if it had been spared the previous irrational assault by the left on the nuclear industry.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
6th biggest economy in the world so its massive if they do it. Also, NY and Washington State are considering it too.
Yup, and I think it will end up being way more than NY, Cali and Washington State. Just to make things a little sweeter too.....

And he's not the only one either.

Trump has really, REALLY pissed people off with this. Everyone knew it was coming but there was the slightest glimmer of hope that his daughter had her fathers ear and could talk some sense in to him. Obviously she has far less sway than we all hoped, but the reaction since has been amazing. Trump has been condemned by the worlds politicians and is right out in the political wilderness now. He's been a laughing stock over his trip and he's facing some serious pressure over the Russia investigation. I'm seriously hoping that millions of people come out for the protests and marches planned over this weekend. So the only people Trump has pleased is SOME of his base because you can bet some more have been put off by recent events, and each time more and more leave him. His approval rating is in the gutter and the investigation Is heating up and he's about to feel the full political pressure of the entire world being against him and the worlds press is destroying him, I'm just hoping he breaks from all this.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Trump has really, REALLY pissed people off with this. Everyone knew it was coming but there was the slightest glimmer of hope that his daughter had her fathers ear and could talk some sense in to him. Obviously she has far less sway than we all hoped, but the reaction since has been amazing. Trump has been condemned by the worlds politicians and is right out in the political wilderness now. He's been a laughing stock over his trip and he's facing some serious pressure over the Russia investigation. I'm seriously hoping that millions of people come out for the protests and marches planned over this weekend. So the only people Trump has pleased is SOME of his base because you can bet some more have been put off by recent events, and each time more and more leave him. His approval rating is in the gutter and the investigation Is heating up and he's about to feel the full political pressure of the entire world being against him and the worlds press is destroying him, I'm just hoping he breaks from all this.
Overblown. He has always been like that and usual parameters don't apply to him. Laughing stock on trip is a bit ott too. Like everything else, I think this will blow off with minimal effect too.

Abizzz

Overblown. He has always been like that and usual parameters don't apply to him. Laughing stock on trip is a bit ott too. Like everything else, I think this will blow off with minimal effect too.
Honestly don't think so with this 1. Trump has given climate change a face. I believe he will be associated with it and it's consequences for a very long time (probably even far more than he would be due).

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Honestly don't think so with this 1. Trump has given climate change a face. I believe he will be associated with it and it's consequences for a very long time (probably even far more than he would be due).
Nobody cared about pussy grabbing or Mexican hating or most other "controversies". US pulling out is not even quantifiable in terms of impact. Just news. If Comey/Russia doesn't bring him down, not much will.

It's still surprising people are still judging him based on normal standards when he blew through those pre-elections. He's a one off and the "usual" stuff ain't exciting for him no more.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
As an aside (kind of) "All the Presidents Men" is on my DVR to watch this weekend. Great flick, and just a little bit topical all these years later.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nobody cared about pussy grabbing or Mexican hating or most other "controversies". US pulling out is not even quantifiable in terms of impact. Just news. If Comey/Russia doesn't bring him down, not much will.

It's still surprising people are still judging him based on normal standards when he blew through those pre-elections. He's a one off and the "usual" stuff ain't exciting for him no more.
It appears that the only thing that would bring him down would be legal trouble. Immoral or indecent behavior seems to slip right off him because his supporters/the republican party apparently care so little about it.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Laughing stock on trip is a bit ott too.
I think you should read some of the worlds press before saying that. He's a joke and has been ridiculed around the world since he stated he was running for President, but it went in to overdrive recently, especially since his G7 appearance. The world thinks he's a clown and so do the worlds leaders, unless you think pushing past people to get to the front of a photo op is normal? Or shouting at NATO leaders is normal? Or getting the facts completely wrong about NATO during his tirade is normal? Every single newspaper from around Europe has been ripping him to shreds as has every single comedian or comedy show worth its salt.

Edit. I think the protests around the world in January were evidence enough, it will be interesting to see how many protest today.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

California flipping Trump the bird with the ultimate feck you!
Between him and the Pittsburgh mayor at least the liberals are starting to appreciate the cardinal conservative rule of state rights and smaller government. So Trump has atleast achieved another thing by accident.

ManUtd1999

Look at how red states are doing (6 with negative growth in 2016). I hope that this won't spread across the country.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A lot of the states that are struggling voted for Trump. They won't be all too pleased when he doesn't deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.