The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
C'mon Comey! Drag him to hell :D
Comey is a pussy, there...I said it!

My thing about him in all this is that he KNOWS 100% what Trump was trying to do when Trump asked him for his loyalty and to let go the investigation of Flynn. He's a career public servant who's served in positions of intelligence...he's knows exactly what was going down and what's pissing me off is that he'd take a nuanced approach to these hearings to save his own skin. All while the country is going to shit being run by a kid with a mental condition.

Last edited:

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Today = Nothingburger and mass disappointment over Comey's damp squid (lol) non-event testimony followed by a Fox hunting loving Tory win in the election and resulting in me wanting to drink myself to oblivion but being unable to as not being allowed to drink due to my surgery.
Well at least we are getting griezman

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
That poll is just as vague as the Russia connection, tbh. "Guilty" of what? Being an all around despicable and unpalatable human being, a spoilt brat of the highest order? Absolutely guilty, guiltiest even.
Guilty of some grand scale political plan to seize power involving a foreign government, that was planned and executed over years? I can't imagine him as that kind of evil genius, even if I try very hard (genius being the hard part here, obviously).

Silva

That poll is just as vague as the Russia connection, tbh. "Guilty" of what? Being an all around despicable and unpalatable human being, a spoilt brat of the highest order? Absolutely guilty, guiltiest even.
Guilty of some grand scale political plan to seize power involving a foreign government, that was planned and executed over years? I can't imagine him as that kind of evil genius, even if I try very hard (genius being the hard part here, obviously).
The difference between this and a lot of other political conspiracies is that everyone involved here is extraordinarily stupid.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Today = Nothingburger and mass disappointment over Comey's damp squid (lol) non-event testimony followed by a Fox hunting loving Tory win in the election and resulting in me wanting to drink myself to oblivion but being unable to as not being allowed to drink due to my surgery.
Today will be a chapter in the whole scheme of things for Mueller. I think Comey will intentionally dovetail's his testimony into Mueller. No point showing all your cards so early.

The next piece will be Flynn himself -- why all the protection by Trump and then the Russian bit will kick back in. You need to show why its all being protected by key people.

Nogbadthebad

The important thing to understand is that impeachment is a political, not a legal, process.

Trump will be impeached the second it looks like he will drag the GOP down in the polls with him, and not a second before. I'm guessing that point will be if he goes below 28-30% approval ratings.

Whoever is president will pardon him of any charges should they eventually happen too. Remember, the people Nixon ordered to break the law went to prison, Nixon did not.

InfiniteBoredom

Whoever is president will pardon him of any charges should they eventually happen too. Remember, the people Nixon ordered to break the law went to prison, Nixon did not.
Technically, we never found out whether Nixon was involved in the actual Watergate, the thing that nailed him was the tape in which he appeared to have agreed with his CoS about using the CIA to shelve the investigation.

Which is why Comey's account of the story, while extremely damning, doesnt hold up without actual audio. An 'uh-huh' was enough to damn Nixon, so we can only hope Cheeto Jesus is dumb enough to be caught in tape, someday somewhere.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How intimidating is that :lol: sits down in his chair and has 40 photographers right under his nose snapping away

Fergies Gum

He looks a lot more tired than the last time he was there.
His body clock has probably not adjusted to his current lifestyle and all this spare time he has on his hands.

His schedule as FBI director will have been really gruelling.

Javi

What is Burr Warner doing? There is no point in explaining the history of the hearing taking place. Ask questions ffs.

Edit: I meant Warner, not Burr.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
"Those were lies."

A very "No shit Sherlock" statement but oh so sweet to hear anyway.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Comey looks like a guy you do not feck with.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Yeah there is no way Trump coming out of this all fine and dandy, the whole of the FBI are against him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.