The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stactix

In a 1997 radio interview with Howard Stern just months after Princess Diana‘s death, Donald Trump insisted that he “could have” had sex with the late British royal — but only would have done so if she passed an HIV test first.

How anyone can support this man. Vile evil cnut.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
For any Trump supporters reading, "foe" means enemy.
He didn't come up with it here, he was asked. This was his full answer:

"Well, I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now, you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive."

Raoul

Admin
Staff
In a 1997 radio interview with Howard Stern just months after Princess Diana‘s death, Donald Trump insisted that he “could have” had sex with the late British royal — but only would have done so if she passed an HIV test first.

How anyone can support this man. Vile evil cnut.
Hard to imagine this isn't true given they way he jokes about dating his daughter.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Hard to imagine this isn't true given they way he jokes about dating his daughter.
I thought this was a well known Trump quote? It made pretty big news over here when he said it. Almost as bad as his comments on the morning of 9/11 when he joked about having one of the tallest buildings in NYC now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
At least he is spelling it out for anyone who hadn't understood his rhetoric before. As painful as it will be economically I think Europe should embrace American isolationism and cut ties with this maniac.
I really wish. Wish we'd just tell them to feck off and come back when the Orangutan is gone.

SillyUsername

I don't know why people latch onto those quotes so much. Call me naive, but I look at those quotes as a man who's proud of his beautiful daughter which was not worded in the most eloquent of ways.

Abizzz

President of the USA saying the US-Russian relations are at a low because of US actions (Invading their neighbor, shooting down asian planes full of dutch people etc.).

Surreal. I have lost the last ounce of respect for anyone who excuses this. Liking Trump is like sniffing glue; you do it, you're dumb. No further info needed.

Abizzz

I don't know why people latch onto those quotes so much. Call me naive, but I look at those quotes as a man who's proud of his beautiful daughter which was not worded in the most eloquent of ways.
Haha.

We just aren't used to dads wanting to bed their daughter. It's not Trump that's strange, it's us that are naive!

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm glad someone else thinks this way, too. There's no doubting he's a sick, harassing, racist, objectifying, misogynistic pervert, but I think it was a poorly worded sense of pride in his very beautiful daughter.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm glad someone else thinks this way, too. There's no doubting he's a sick, harassing, racist, objectifying, misogynistic pervert, but I think it was a poorly worded sense of pride in his very beautiful daughter.
I think it's entirely possible that this guy fancies his daughter. Whether it's true or not? I don't particularly care... Not exactly unheard of tho is it? And it's not like this guy is your average Joe.

Benefit of the doubt went out the window years ago, for me.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Trump's comments there don't seem too bad read in full.
Not too bad, I agree. They are a bit stupid, mind you. Especially in response to that specific question.

Really this is just another example of him not being articulate or quick-witted enough to deal with interviews, without giving an open goal to the headline writers. So not worrying, in the grand scheme of things, just further confirmation that he’s a terrible appointment for his current job.

Abizzz

Not too bad, I agree. They are a bit stupid, mind you. Especially in response to that specific question.

Really this is just another example of him not being articulate or quick-witted enough to deal with interviews, without giving an open goal to the headline writers. So not worrying, in the grand scheme of things, just further confirmation that he’s a terrible appointment for his current job.
Do you think his thoughts are more complex than what he is capable of articulating?

2cents

Scout

It's just how he sees the world, everything is a zero-sum struggle with rivals in which there can only be winners and losers. I'm pretty sure there are theorists of international relations who have built careers on this idea, not that Trump will be aware of them, he's just instinctively expressing it in his own unique way.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Look, he's either dumb, or playing dumb. When you're playing dumb do you remind people how high your IQ is or how much of a stable genius you are?

2cents

Scout
Look, he's either dumb, or playing dumb. When you're playing dumb do you remind people how high your IQ is or how much of a stable genius you are?
I don't really see him as dumb. He's definitely extremely ignorant in that "I really don't give a feck" way, and his age is certainly catching up with him mentally. But he clearly has some good instincts when it comes to sussing out what makes his country (or at least a large portion of it) tick and manipulating it to his advantage, which is what all successful politicians do. We'll see if he's a good survivor over the next couple years.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's an extreme case of someone who wants to shit more than they eat. He has very little attention span to absorb even a minuscule fraction of the information being fed to him but he likes to talk so much about anything and everything. The end product is what you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.