The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedoubleyou

What is the national security threat on the Southern boarder?

A total of zero us citizens were killed in the US in terrorism related incidents in 2018. Three were injured by Marckles Alcius, a US citizen facing trial for crashing a stolen truck into a Planned Parenthood clinic, and, Cesar Sayoc Jr, also a US citizen, is facing charges for mailing pipe bombs.

By contrast forty thousand people were killed in shootings, the highest level in 20 years.

Obviously, drugs come over the boarder, but, is that a threat actually solved by a wall? There is a 5,000-mile "wall" between Central and Southern America and The United Kingdom and I've never struggled to get my hands on cocaine.
So he didn't address any of this then. Just that illegals commit some crimes and murders... Well, I guess that's his 'sacred' duty.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
This is a good podcast that I listen to - this episode is them fact-checking and reviewing Trump's address last night.

The guy on the left is Jon Favreau - who was Obama's speechwriter and is (unsurprisingly) very critical of Trump :)

beedoubleyou

This is a good podcast that I listen to - this episode is them fact-checking and reviewing Trump's address last night.

The guy on the left is Jon Favreau - who was Obama's speechwriter and is (unsurprisingly) very critical of Trump :)
God, I always thought it was the other Jon Favreau... :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
to be fair, they all do this. here's a picture of some the of the stuff obama spammed people with every couple hours

Yeah, ok that's pretty mental. But I'm also a hypocrite I'm afraid so Trump is a dick.

ChaddyP

BroBomas

Drifter

American
Trump Tells TV Anchors Before Speech That Border Trip Is Just A Photo Op

President Donald Trump told TV news anchors at a lunch before his Oval Office address that his upcoming trip to the border won’t “change a damn thing” and that it’s really just a photo opportunity.

According to a New York Times report, Trump also threw his aides under the bus during the off-the-record meeting, saying that he personally does not want to make the trip.

“But, these people behind you say its worth it,” he said, gesturing to Communications Director Bill Shine, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and White House counselor Kellyanne Conway.

Honest John

It's so nice that he's enjoying the Presidential experience. Good for him.
Yeah, all he he needs now is to find a way of making a declaration of war. He won't be on one of those montage historical snapshot films unless he makes a declaration of war. Bet he's drumming up something this very minute.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Forrest fires are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Drifter

American
I'm not getting my wall so i'm going to take out my frustrations on California.

freeurmind

weak willed
I'd give Trump his wall but get path to citizenship for DACA recipients, tax credits for renewable energy, campaign finance reform, new collective bargaining rules and a non-partisan committee to draw maps and stop gerrymandering in return.

ChaddyP

Michael Tracey sucks but every once in a while hes right
Maybe.... Just maybe it was as fascist then just as it is fascist now ? And not actually Liberal since all those that are listed there aren't exactly hard left wing senators.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
One argument is that the 2006 Secure Fence Act was a separate piece of legislation that once passed then received funding via ordinary and continuing appropriations bills. No such bill has been brought to Congress on this border wall. One of the primary objections is not just to the wall itself, but the underhand methods the President has deployed in order to get it. If he wants his wall he should follow the normal procedure of bringing a separate bill to that effect to the floor, just as Bush did. The fact that he can't and won't but instead holds unrelated aspects of government hostage to get it is reason enough for Schumer to object even if the asshat did vote for a fence in 2006.

Precaution

This will only play well with his base, his overall approval is tanking everywhere including high support typical bases in place such as Alabama.

You cant hold hostage an entire country like its a business meeting, 800k people are out of a pay cheque, how long do you really think those TSA agents who are already calling in sick are going to stick this out for their President? Already someone said on twitter a TSA Agent said they gave no crap if the passenger takes out their laptop or not, this is a perfect opportunity for uh an opportunist terrorist to really stick it to the USA/Trump.

Not to mention all the other sides of it i.e a state park has seemingly already closed down for good due to vandalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.