The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
McConnell not going for a fast trial, and leaving it to happen after Biden becomes president. He doesn’t hint on what he is gonna do during the trial.

Revan

Assumptionman
If that happens then surely it's shutters for all of Trumps benefits. That'll be an easy yes vote in the senate when the dems control it.
Senate needs 2/3 of the votes, so 17 Republicans need to join the Democrats for it.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think he'll be glad to rid the party off Trump. He was confident he could "manage" Trump in 2016, but right now ...he's given up probably and looking for a way out.
Dunno. fecking Trump could also mean that the nutters would try vengeance and not vote the senators who convicted him in two years. He’ll be 80 by then, and I guess he would like to be Majority Leader again.

He is between a rock and a hard place, and I am glad. GOP took an alligator, raised it to own the libs, and now he is eating them. Long it may continue.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Dunno. fecking Trump could also mean that the nutters would try vengeance and not vote the senators who convicted him in two years. He’ll be 80 by then, and I guess he would like to be Majority Leader again.

He is between a rock and a hard place, and I am glad. GOP took an alligator, raised it to own the libs, and now he is eating them. Long it may continue.
If he doesn't convict, he'll have to face the same again in 2024. If he does, then 2024 without Trump might be far more easier on GOP.
Plus the current swing states of GA, PA, WI, MI GOP will have a might chance without Trump.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Impeachment 2: "Impeach me once, shame on me, impeach me twice,, eh,, we wont impeach again."

Oh no, wait, that was the other one.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
No chance he wrote this. You can always tell when someone else has made him say something.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I guess impeachment is gonna become a more regular occurrence from now on. Republicans will be taking the first opportunity they get to impeach Biden. Just a shame it wasn’t like this during George W. Bush reign. Not that Trump hasn’t earned this, but the shit Bush got away with...

diarm

That speech was fecking shameless. How he can sit there with a straight face, time and time again, lecturing people for things he did is almost impressive. He hasn't an ounce of integrity in his entire being.

Revan

Assumptionman
Trump has as many impeachments as the rest of the United States presidents combined. But his impeachments are better and perfect.

coolredwine

lameredboots
If he doesn't convict, he'll have to face the same again in 2024. If he does, then 2024 without Trump might be far more easier on GOP.
Plus the current swing states of GA, PA, WI, MI GOP will have a might chance without Trump.
Majority of the GOP is still trumpist though. Won’t be that easy to shake off the stuff they have done past 2 months.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

Tarrou

Can see this one getting there.. perfect opportunity for the GOP to throw him under the bus and blame him for everything... then move on to the next grift at the mid-terms

iKnowNothing

He is already impeached.
In the senate? I don’t think he has been.

To set precedent and ensure he can never run again. Yes it is.
Is the second impeachment the threshold for not running again as per constitution? Or is it more of a moral thing?

Edit-
This post on another thread clears it up for me. Cheers EAP.

House votes to impeach. Senate votes to convict. If after impeachment in House, Senate conviction fails (e.g. Trump, Clinton), presidency continues and Trump is eligible for reelection in 2024. If Senate convicts, then he's barred from getting elected again.

That's my understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.