The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There was mention of Trump offering pardons at 2m USD each. According to the BBC this morning I quickly saw he had pardoned or was going to pardon 140 people.

As for the point about his debts, this from the Seattle Times today:

"But now he faces loans coming due: $100 million on Trump Tower next year; $125 million on his Doral golf resort in Florida in 2023; and $170 million on the Washington hotel in 2024."

What I am saying is Trump needs to pay roughly 400m dollars off in quick time. Where will be make that quick dough? By pardoning filthy, rich criminals. Hope that was clearer?
Surely that would be illegal and suddenly if all these pardoned felons had donations of thousands/millions of dollars to Trump PACs/whatever surely there's a mechanism to follow the money and take legal action. If one just outright gives above $15K it would be considered a gift donation and must be claimed/filed and tax paid. If given for services rendered (or whatever if you will) then that must be documented, surely. A donation to a political campaign would be a clear pay for pardon.

Last edited:

sajeev

So where would this presidency rank overall?
I would say bottom after the last two weeks, he has some competition before for the bottom spot

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Surely that would be illegal and suddenly if all these pardoned felons had donations of thousands/millions of dollars to Trump PACs/whatever surely there's a mechanism to follow the money and take legal action. If one just outright gives above $15K it would be considered a gift donation and must be claimed/filed and tax paid. If given for services rendered (or whatever if you will) then that must be document, surely. A donation to a political campaign would be a clear pay for pardon.
Which would be my understanding too. But it's hard to distinguish what is fact and fiction with Trump and the levels of free pass the US government keeps giving him.

Maybe he won't get that when he's left office but I'm not clinging on to that. Probably be allowed to keep all the money in return for being impeached for the third time, a record for any president to be impeached outside of term. After all what is another impeachment when the first two mean feck all. :)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Now that it's gone I wonder whether I over or underestimated the damage Trump did. I guess domestically I didn't think it would get this bad (for Americans), but abroad it's a bit harder to judge. How much damage did he do by withdrawing troops and basically backstabbing the Kurds? I'm sure some of the big brains on the caf can break it down.

He was of course a cnut to your Queen and if The Crown is anything to go by she was quite fit in the 1870s, so that's definitely bad.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You just know he'll be ranting all day, "I had a bigger inaugalation crowd." (mispronouncing inauguration of course)

"Biden knows I won the election. It's not fair. I'm more popular."

King Eric 7

It's been car crash entertainment from day one. As we say good riddance, part of us will miss the return to normality :D

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Goodbye sweet thread.

Like your namesake you were filled with equal parts rage, misinformation, and "banter", with a sprinkling of outright racism (looking at you Atze-Peng).

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Goodbye, to the orange man. Hopefully the next chapter in this pantomime of bullshit is a court case as he and others answer a seditious conspiracy charge.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Don’t know what JNCOs are but I’m assuming it’s a reference to those unbelievably ridiculous trousers that don’t even almost fit.
I choose to believe it’s short for Jacamo, despite the fact the letters obviously don’t fit properly which itself is pure meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.