The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Unfortunately way too many nutcases in this country who won't even question that. Can't wait for people to burn and crush their Android phones. Please do it.

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Trump unleashes bizarre stream of gobbledygook when reporter asks him to describe his health care plan

President Donald Trump has vowed multiple times over the past two-and-a-half years to unveil his own replacement plan for the Affordable Care Act, but so far no actual plan has come to light.

As noted by CNN fact checker Daniel Dale, Trump was asked by a reporter in New Hampshire this week to describe his health care plan, and the president responded with a stream of gobbledygook.

“So, we have a great plan coming out,” the president began when asked about his plan. “It’s going to be — if we can take back the House because we’re not going to get the Democrats to vote for it, because they’re doing Medicare for all, which is going to take away your freedom, take away your doctors, take away everything that you should be able to have, and most importantly, it’s going to take away — we have 180 million people right now that have private insurance and they love it, and all of that’s going to be taken away. It’s absolute craziness.”

Instead of talking about his own health care plan, the president then proceeded to make false statements about Medicare for All.

“On top of everything else, they’re looking at 80, 90, 95 percent tax, because there’s no — there’s no way they can afford it,” he said. “But people don’t want to go to a hospital, to go to a doctor. They don’t want to go. They want to have their own doctor, number one, and we went through this with Obamacare, which we got rid of the individual mandate, by the way, which is very important.”

After all this, the president finally pivoted back to talking about his own health care plan, but he offered zero details about what it would contain.

“But we have a great health care plan,” he said. “If we get the House, we hold the Senate, we keep the presidency, we’re going to have great health care, much better than Obamacare, at much less cost.”

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
At what point does the deficit become unsustainable. This man will bankrupt that country.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
At what point does the deficit become unsustainable. This man will bankrupt that country.

GOP with a democrat in power: Not 1 penny increase to the deficit!
GOP with a republican in power: Deficits aren't real.

Trump would bankrupt the nation to win another term. Sorry, change that to will.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

he is totally right, however, that the rhetoric used by "some dems" (Bernie) would have ben unthinkable even a few years ago.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Conflating Jews and Israel again.
Absolutely correct of course. However, at least in political terms, criticising Israel is for a significant number of Jews, criticising the Jewish people.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Trump lying? Surely not! If so could he end up in prison in the U.K.?

No rules against the U.K. indicting a sitting President.

Ain’t gonna happen so may as well suck it up and enjoy twitter for the next 5 years with Trumpster spouting his garbage.

Kyle Griffin must have tweeted a thousand times about wrongdoing by Trump and his clan but guess what.......Trump just carries on.

Put the Trump blimp in Broadmoor as that’s the closest you will get.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Trump lying? Surely not! If so could he end up in prison in the U.K.?

No rules against the U.K. indicting a sitting President.
Brexit means we have to be nice to him otherwise we don't get a trade deal for their wonderful chlorinated chicken.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

I just can't anymore. This mush brained moron is the president of the United States.

Halftrack

I just can't anymore. This mush brained moron is the president of the United States.
Just read that. What the everloving shit? Does he think he can bully his own fecking allies into selling off their territories?

LARulz

It's just not funny anymore, even remotely. Anything he says or does will never impact his supporters. That line he said in the 2016 campaign about him going out in NY and shooting someone with nothing happening is probably reality.

He is a unique "politician" in power. He knows who will support him and who won't so will just aim his message in one direction. Trump, like Farage and others of that nature, will very rarely change people's minds but fortify mindsets. Those kinds of politicians/talk show hosts etc. never actually seek to change a mindset or appeal to a wide demographic and therefore never really get into mainstream or sustainable success (unless given an entire platform like FOX News).

Because Trump built some insane momentum in his last campaign and had this weird novelty factor,.the only way he loses is to hope that those who voted for him on a "why not?" or "he can't be worse" etc. mindset realise their mistake and vote for common sense in 2020. I genuinely cannot see him getting the centrists vote again. But as much as I want Bernie, that would be Trump's ideal match up

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I don’t feel so pessimistic about a Trump re-election. He’s lost way more supporters than he’s gained.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I don’t feel so pessimistic about a Trump re-election. He’s lost way more supporters than he’s gained.
Of course he has but that doesn't mean they won't vote for him when it comes down to it. Americans really love voting for Presidents.

Dr. StrangeHate

I know Americans who are republican and even though they disagree with Trump on most things, they are still going to vote republican. Corporate tax cuts have helped these people a lot and they are not going to vote against their pocket. He has lost supporters I am sure but not votes which is the only thing that matters.
I seem to remember a Meghan McCain interview as well in which she said that regardless of what the democratic candidate offers she is going to vote republican because she is a republican.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Governor of Kentucky on your right. He’s thrilled with his new jacket. (People actually voted for this jerk).
They're turning into Russia. I bought a shirt with Putin riding a grizzly bear in Moscow. This isn't far off.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
His support is a cult. It's the only way to frame it.

Status
Not open for further replies.