The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
You may have a small point on the first one, but Trump still brought up Obama and Biden "stopping testing" in response to a question about Covid19, which is absurd. It was either a complete non sequitur or, as the tweet says, an attempt at blaming Covid19 challenges on Obama and Biden. Either way it's bullshit. The second one, he literally does say "I created it". It's absolutely fair of journalists to criticize Trump for these things.
He stupid. He talks like an oaf. But there’s little point in misrepresenting him. That’s my view.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
WTF is this press conference from Trump??? I tell you the guy's getting desperate.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

"See, if we hadn't tested squirrels, there'd be no cases."

SteveJ

Scout

"Alas, poor...Yoghurt. I knew him. Not many people knew him, but I know a lot about knowing him. Who knew? Investigate?"

SteveJ

Scout
♫ "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart. Nobody said 'Thank you, Mr President' even though they were begging for a heart." ♫

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Press is irresponsible for not calling him out on so many lies and misinformation. The way he has bullied the press into not calling him out is awful

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
White House tells hospitals to bypass CDC on COVID-19 data reporting

Hospitals will begin sending coronavirus-related information directly to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), not the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), under new instructions from the Trump administration.

The move will take effect on Wednesday, according to a new guidance and FAQ document for hospitals and clinical labs quietly posted on the HHS website.

Previously, hospitals reported to the CDC's National Healthcare Safety Network, which the agency describes as the nation’s most widely used health care-associated infection tracking system.

The CDC tracked information including how many beds are available, the number of ventilators available and how many COVID-19 patients the hospitals have.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...spitals-to-bypass-cdc-on-covid-data-reporting

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Press is irresponsible for not calling him out on so many lies and misinformation. The way he has bullied the press into not calling him out is awful
They call him out constantly, but the guy is literally lying at a rate of over 20 times a day. And then his supporters see the constant barrage of negative press and buy into his nonsense about it being a media vendetta.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Wow, they’re really going to try and hide the numbers? No way that goes unchallenged.
It's a cottage industry just to challenge everything trump does. This will be another on the long long list.
As they say, everything Trump touches dies - institutions included. FBI and now CDC.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
They call him out constantly, but the guy is literally lying at a rate of over 20 times a day. And then his supporters see the constant barrage of negative press and buy into his nonsense about it being a media vendetta.
I should have been more specific. I meant the White House press corps that lobbed mostly softballs today. He gets taken to task in print and by some television media but he's bullied the White House press into being much more complacent that they should

UnrelatedPsuedo

How can you dispute that he said he created the Texas oil industry? He literally said the words.
He just talks like a moron. We all know it’s one big word salad. It’s clear that he means he created this (Mythical) Best Economy scenario, with the Oil industry thriving.

He’s not suggesting he created the oil industry. He’s dumb, but even he isn’t going to be that daft.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
On yesterday's federal execution, Daniel Lewis Lee was left strapped to the gurney for 4 hours, while officials scurried around trying to get clearance to kill him.

His co-defendent and the apparent ringleader got life in prison. The closest relative of the woman and child murdered didn't want him to be executed. After he'd spent decades in prison, the indecent haste was completely unnecessary - executed in the night without his counsel present and with some appeals still pending (and some of the relatives wanted to be present, but couldn't get there).

It's a disgrace to do this for political reasons (having the death penalty is a disgrace anyway, but that's for another thread). There's another federal execution scheduled for today, and a third on Friday.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He just talks like a moron. We all know it’s one big word salad. It’s clear that he means he created this (Mythical) Best Economy scenario, with the Oil industry thriving.

He’s not suggesting he created the oil industry. He’s dumb, but even he isn’t going to be that daft.
Hmmm... I get it, but now we're basically at 'He's a bit slow let's not be so hard on him' - sadface

Can we just stop lowering the bar? Can we?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Children are being SLAUGHTERED people!

I mean, not in any real way that we could do something about, like say, a mass shooting or something. But they're being SLAUGHTERED, because, Obama, Clinton, Biden.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Hmmm... I get it, but now we're basically at 'He's a bit slow let's not be so hard on him' - sadface

Can we just stop lowering the bar? Can we?
I just think the constant picking apart of sound bites distracting and of no value. He’s a moron. Let’s focus on the things he’s setting fire to, not a sentence of incoherence.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
had a look at the replies, why are they wrecking the usps?
Been a GOP priority for years, typical idiocy about the free market always being the most efficient use of resource, coupled with lobbyists who want in to pick the scraps, now tripled with Trumps worry about mailin voting.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I just think the constant picking apart of sound bites distracting and of no value. He’s a moron. Let’s focus on the things he’s setting fire to, not a sentence of incoherence.
I'm not sure the public fully realize how incoherent and nonsensical he really is though. There was an article a year or two back from a foreign correspondent who was covering Trump live for the first time, and they were shocked by how utterly incoherent he was. They said it was scary how much the media clean up his quotes when they're reporting, and how it probably gives him a degree of competence to the public that he in no way deserves. Which is scary considering how stupid and rambling we already know he is, but its possible a lot of Americans really don't know quite how mentally weak the guy actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.