The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The Independent has a good turn of phrase to describe the recent rise of OAN and Newsmax, saying that it's "driven by their Donald Trump loyalist viewers’ demand for a fictional universe in which their god-emperor won the election."

Last edited:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I’ve started a few threads and made a load of posts along the line that I believe social media is clearly making the world way more shitty than it would be otherwise. The majority of responses are always along the lines that extreme opinions are no more common these days, just more obvious. Surely that’s not true? How can anyone look at how toxic/insane online discourse has become and remain in denial about the real life consequences?!
I agree completely. We live in a world where people cite youtube and social media as their sources and at the same time dismiss msm as fake. I recently met someone who believed, among other things, that Hollywood and Democrats are satanic pedophile rings. Her sources were verious videos and things she had read on facebook communities.

I suppose these kinds of people have always existed but with social media they are now able to find likeminded folks and make their insane ideas look and sound halfway legit.

There is no truth anymore.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I agree completely. We live in a world where people cite youtube and social media as their sources and at the same time dismiss msm as fake. I recently met someone who believed, among other things, that Hollywood and Democrats are satanic pedophile rings. Her sources were verious videos and things she had read on facebook communities.

I suppose these kinds of people have always existed but with social media they are now able to find likeminded folks and make their insane ideas look and sound halfway legit.

There is no truth anymore.
"I do my own research" really is just code nowadays for "I watched an unsourced, unverified YouTube video". They make it sound like they've perused through the data themselves instead of just getting their info from a less than reliable source.

DavidDeSchmikes

BOOM!

Was my favourite, when everyone had exclusive revealing stories that were going to bring Trump down.. I think it was William Legate or maybe Dworkin that always had loads of tease tweets of a picture of a cannon with the fuse getting burned down more and more until the final revealing Tweet came..

And it was always a massive let down.
the walls are closing in for Trump,
Drumpf is finished

[rinse and repeat]

Trump loses election.....see I told you Trump is finished, now donate here and subscribe here

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
"I do my own research" really is just code nowadays for "I watched an unsourced, unverified YouTube video". They make it sound like they've perused through the data themselves instead of just getting their info from a less than reliable source.
I'm not for certain but I'd wager Loose Change started the whole internet video research bullshit.

WPMUFC

The plan seems to be: Get some kind of case sent to the SCOTUS, lose the case, blame "The Swap" / Fake conservative judges, whinge the whole way to Inauguration Day, veiled tweets about a coup, and then milking his cultists till he dies?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The plan seems to be: Get some kind of case sent to the SCOTUS, lose the case, blame "The Swap" / Fake conservative judges, whinge the whole way to Inauguration Day, veiled tweets about a coup, and then milking his cultists till he dies?
From his prison bed hopefully.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, and “do your own research”, as in “I have no way of proving what batshit idea I just told you but you can find people online who agree with me”.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah, and “do your own research”, as in “I have no way of proving what batshit idea I just told you but you can find people online who agree with me”.
You also have the "Google makes it almost impossible to find the truth" stuff.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

That and the constant whataboutism is what really pisses me off. It's always 'But Obama' or 'But Hillary'

It's like they can't understand even if who they are equating to broke the law, it doesn't make it right they are defending Trump for doing it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That and the constant whataboutism is what really pisses me off. It's always 'But Obama' or 'But Hillary'

It's like they can't understand even if who they are equating to broke the law, it doesn't make it right they are defending Trump for doing it.
When they use "But Obama" or "But Hillary" I like to remind them that they want to see Obama and Hillary prosecuted for these similar things so why is it different when Trump does it. Always makes their brains melt.

Foxbatt

Maybe legal experts here can comment but with all these tweets about the judges, can he be held in contempt of court or perverting the course of justice?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
People would try to own pro-life people by pointing out they support the death penalty, but now they force that comparison themselves

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Poor Brian not knowing how email merge works.
Im sure he knows it’s Mail merge. But he probably things these million record databases are vetted. Which is just as stupid.

What’s more galling is that these gonads think that;

- Signing up and ‘trashing him’ ever sees his trashing get read.
- Tweeting the response widely helps his cause.

It enables and encourages another needless silent fight. Trumpers, Bots, ‘The Left’ jump into a scrap. Retweets. Amplification. No end product.

It’s all nonsensical noise. No good comes of engaging with that guy. If they want to do something meaningful, go throw a brick through the window of one of his properties at 4am. It’s a four or five digit dollar cost to him, reasonably directly. I don’t condone it, but it’s something meaningful.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Im sure he knows it’s Mail merge. But he probably things these million record databases are vetted. Which is just as stupid.

What’s more galling is that these gonads think that;

- Signing up and ‘trashing him’ ever sees his trashing get read.
- Tweeting the response widely helps his cause.

It enables and encourages another needless silent fight. Trumpers, Bots, ‘The Left’ jump into a scrap. Retweets. Amplification. No end product.

It’s all nonsensical noise. No good comes of engaging with that guy. If they want to do something meaningful, go throw a brick through the window of one of his properties at 4am. It’s a four or five digit dollar cost to him, reasonably directly. I don’t condone it, but it’s something meaningful.
Take a dump on one of his golf courses.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
^That kind of shit will be used by those 21 pricks as a foundation for their Post-Trump strategy.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't know how others feel but as a black man, Tim Scott disgusts me the most one that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.