The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

podurban2

Those donations did do good in the world, and there's no evidence to suggest they got anything untoward back for them.
The deal appeared to collide with the State Department’s documented concerns about the repressive policies of the Saudi royal family.

But now, in late 2011, Hillary Clinton’s State Department was formally clearing the sale, asserting that it was in the national interest. At press conferences in Washington to announce the department’s approval, an assistant secretary of state, Andrew Shapiro, declared that the deal had been “a top priority” for Clinton personally.

Yeah, "no evidence". Not related. As I said, pretty naive.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Yep. White men are the absolute worst. The only people that are worse than them are the baby bloomers.
White, male, cis-heterosexual baby bloomers!

I can see why we lose. Blaming everyone who is a bit darker skinned is a lot simpler.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
At what cost, what were the donators getting out of it??????
Nothing that anyone has been able to show, and yet people keep bringing this up in this same way, as if the question itself proves some kind of corruption.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Discounting his racism means they're ok with it.
Can this be said again please? Why is this so hard to understand?

I'm tired of people dismissing Trumps racism, sexism, bigotry etc. Or trying to play down their own potential subconscious thoughts just to make themselves feel better, because they're "fed up of people calling them racist" (newsflash: stop saying racist things, and you wont get called racist)

The man is disgusting, and supporting him is an acceptance of everything he stands for, including racism. So by proxy, you are supporting this.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well didn't see that coming market took a hit after the news as well.

I thought Hillary had it shoe in, what the hell happened?

Smores

Not really, considering that both Trump campaign and Brexit campaign were built on racism and bigotry. It wasn't that they were just small parts of those campaigns, in fact they were the largest building blocks there.

Take the wall, Mexicans and Muslims out of the Trump campaign and there remains nothing but 'Hillary is a nasty evil woman'.
You're just expressing the exact issue, that any concerns about immigration are instantly perceived as racist. They were built on issues of jobs, security, changing communities, illegal immigration. They may have been sold partly through racist language from UKIP for instance but if someone cared about those issues no way were they going to vote remain because of the presentation of it all.

Your statement of them being racist or at least condoning it is built around the idea that if they weren't they'd never vote Trump out of principle. Thats a big leap to expect people to abandon issues they want changing.

Moby

Dick
He is the aggressive type of leader. which means he will want to have an hands on approach to everything and this type of leader is notoriously hard to deal with, as they will do what ever they want most of the time as they seem to think they know every answer to all questions. He have said he knows best to a lot of issues during this election, which seems to confirm he is exactly this type.
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the response. As for your last bit, people do say all sorts of things during a campaign, remains to be seen how much of it was to win votes and how much of it he actually believes in.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I can honestly see Kanye doing two terms, followed by Kim Kardashian and in 2032 when people realise how fecked the country has become they'll see sense and elect Corey Feldman to steady the ship.

Siorac

Majority of white women voted for Trump.
I'm struggling to understand why. I know women, traditionally, tended to vote more conservative. But that trend is changing and, as far as I'm aware, in recent elections more women voted for Democrats than men in the US.

How could Donald fecking Trump reverse that particular trend? What did he offer to WOMEN? Is it that it was never white women who were responsible for the trend? Or what?

podurban2

So because one thing happens after another it's caused by it? There's no evidence those things are related. Would those arms deals have not happened under someone else's watch? Of course they would.
Well you may believe they are unrelated, I do not. There's zero, ZERO, reason for Saudi Arabia to donate money for altruistic reasons. Hillary should have never accepted the money in the first place because of her interest in the situation. Now let's agree to disagree, I'm just saying there are numerous reasons she could be seen as a bad choice for presidency.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
I was tempted but didn't in the end.

Like Brexit, I find it almost more shocking that so many polls, predictions and bookies were so far out than the actual outcome of the result.
Remember the derivative crisis in the banking world (which still isn't fully resolved by the way, hint, hint, hint, for your next investments/bets)? Triple AAA is what Moody's and Standard & Poor's called that shite ffs :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So because one thing happens after another it's caused by it? There's no evidence those things are related. Would those arms deals have not happened under someone else's watch? Of course they would.
They gave donations and then Clinton is personally making their deal a top priority.
Whether the deal would have happened or not, makes no difference, they gave the donations for such influence.

Or lets just say that the Saudis donated said moneys just because they wanted to help the CF... yeah right

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm struggling to understand why. I know women, traditionally, tended to vote more conservative. But that trend is changing and, as far as I'm aware, in recent elections more women voted for Democrats than men in the US.

How could Donald fecking Trump reverse that particular trend? What did he offer to WOMEN? Is it that it was never white women who were responsible for the trend? Or what?
That he can grab them by their pussy.

Siorac

Well you may believe they are unrelated, I do not. There's zero, ZERO, reason for Saudi Arabia to donate money for altruistic reasons. Hillary should have never accepted the money in the first place because of her interest in the situation. Now let's agree to disagree, I'm just saying there are numerous reasons she could be seen as a bad choice for presidency.
So, that's a somewhat shady deal of a charity foundation vs Trump's "Let's slaughter the entire family of every terrorist".

By all means, scrutinize Hillary for every single cent but then don't forget that Trump flat out refused to show his tax returns.

Cassidy

He wasn't Hilary Clinton...

Enigma_87

You know who
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the response. As for your last bit, people do say all sorts of things during a campaign, remains to be seen how much of it was to win votes and how much of it he actually believes in.
It depends on more who is backing them up in the background, which inevitably would steer his reign, which is especially valid in the States. Just too many interests on stake.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

They simply weren't as bothered by the misogyny as we thought they would. They didn't care as much. Hell, plenty of them would wanna be Melania Trump right now. Do feck all, just be pretty and end up in the White House.

Siorac

They simply weren't as bothered by the misogyny as we thought they would. They didn't care as much. Hell, plenty of them would wanna be Melania Trump right now. Do feck all, just be pretty and end up in the White House.
Thing is, that's still no reason to vote for him. That's just a reason not to vote for his opponent. But what is it that made the majority of white women decide he would be the better president? It would warrant an extensive study.

Cassidy

So, that's a somewhat shady deal of a charity foundation vs Trump's "Let's slaughter the entire family of every terrorist".

By all means, scrutinize Hillary for every single cent but then don't forget that Trump flat out refused to show his tax returns.
I don't think its to make a case for Trump, but it does explain why many just don't trust Hilary which is why she was just such a poor candidate IMO. She is unelectable and this was known before this whole thing even started.

The issue was that everyone thought that Trump was more un-electable , and they were proven wrong.

podurban2

Hillary slaughtered many families during her time in office. I'm happy to scrutinize both of them, I think they are the worst candidates in U.S. history and the outcome is disturbing. My problem is people who seem to make it a choice of one, either vote Hillary or you are a racist, sexist, and terrible human being. I see them both as awful!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Thing is, that's still no reason to vote for him. That's just a reason not to vote for his opponent. But what is it that made the majority of white women decide he would be the better president? It would warrant an extensive study.
Yeah it's odd. Perhaps their husbands voted Trump and therefore they did too? Or they vote Republican anyway whoever the nominee is?

Carolina Red

Staff
And now Trump must govern. He will be in the same position Obama was in when he took office in 2008. How much of his platform will a GOP controlled government accomplish before 2018?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Women dislike women?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hillary slaughtered many families during her time in office. I'm happy to scrutinize both of them, I think they are the worst candidates in U.S. history and the outcome is disturbing. My problem is people who seem to make it a choice of one, either vote Hillary or you are a racist, sexist, and terrible human being. I see them both as awful!
Trump is a racist, sexist, terrible human being. If someone actively helps him get the most important job in the world... well...

Siorac

No, it's either vote Hillary or you vote for a racist, sexist and terrible human being.

I was annoyed, throughout the campaign, by the purported equivalency of the two candidates. Trump is orders of magnitude worse and yet he got away with everything. The only conclusion here is that competence, transparency, honesty, integrity etc. doesn't count at all: if you say what the voters want to hear, you'll win, regardless of anything else you might be saying. They just won't care about those things.

Enigma_87

You know who
aye. Both terrible candidates. Romney was better and really is Hillary the best democrats can do?

Red Viking

People around him say he is like that normally in he´s business decision making. I hope he isn´t like how they say he is though for the Americans sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.