The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conrad

It's hard to buy the anti-Semite business when Trump's own daughter and son in law are Jewish. In fact Kushner has played a lead behind the scenes role alongside Bannon.
Doesn't really matter what his personal feeling are though, if he's willing to hand power to anti-semites he might as well be one. Similar to the issue with it looking like personally he doesn't really care about outlawing abortion or opposing gay marriage. If he's willing to do it to please his base then it won't matter a jot to the people he harms. At a certain point antipathy to those you hurt becomes just as bad as malevolence.

OldTrevil

While this is a reason you can't deny that many of his supporters are indeed racist. For those who are not, they chose to either ignore Trump's pandering to those groups.
I haven't been to a trump rally or met many of his supporters, the ones I've met were not racists. In fact I have dealt with more racists in democrat-heavy alumni gatherings than I did dealing with Trump supporters. That may be anecdotal but the media have fed us with enough lies over the years that believing their charges of racism against Trump supporters would be foolish.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Doesn't really matter what his personal feeling are though, if he's willing to hand power to anti-semites he might as well be one. Similar to the issue with it looking like personally he doesn't really care about outlawing abortion or opposing gay marriage. If he's willing to do it to please his base then it won't matter a jot to the people he harms. At a certain point antipathy to those you hurt becomes just as bad as malevolence.
Well he's not handing power over to anyone. What an odd thing to suggest.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I haven't been to a trump rally or met many of his supporters, the ones I've met were not racists. In fact I have dealt with more racists in democrat-heavy alumni gatherings than I did dealing with Trump supporters. That may be anecdotal but the media have fed us with enough lies over the years that believing their charges of racism against Trump supporters would be foolish.
I know quite a few Trump supporters. They are basically run of the mill Republicans who were tired of losing Presidential elections and wanted at all costs to ensure Hillary didn't win. She was more of a motivator to vote Trump than Trump himself was. That's what happens when you nominate someone with her baggage and have the party elites attempt to coronate the nominee through super delegates.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I know quite a few Trump supporters. They are basically run of the mill Republicans who were tired of losing Presidential elections and wanted at all costs to ensure Hillary didn't win. She was more of a motivator to vote Trump than Trump himself was. That's what happens when you nominate someone with her baggage and have the party elites attempt to coronate the nominee through super delegates.
You're finally hitting the nail on the head. It was basically the party that lost the fight to rig its own elections, that actually won it in the end, because it didn't kill the enthusiasm of its supporters.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You're finally hitting the nail on the head. It was basically the party that lost the fight to rig its own elections, that actually won it in the end, because it didn't kill the enthusiasm of its supporters.
I always hit the nail on the head.:nono:

mav_9me

Lessons from history.

Conrad

Well he's not handing power over to anyone. What an odd thing to suggest.
I am not saying he is going to hand over all his power to anyone but giving an anti-Semite a prominent role in the White House is giving them significant power.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's doing him a disservice just to call him an anti-semite. He also strongly dislikes muslims, immigrants, women, LGBT folk...

Though I suppose they could describe many republicans.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I am not saying he is going to hand over all his power to anyone but giving an anti-Semite a prominent role in the White House is giving them significant power.
How do you know he's an anti-semite ? One fleeting statement from an ex-spouse probably isn't the most convincing evidence.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I wonder what's going to become of Trumpski TV now?

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I see we are already rewriting history. I'm onboard. Trump and his support were behaved impeccably. The only problems occurred when Clinton's minions kicked it off.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The interesting things from the interview were.
1. Health Care- He pretty much wants to keep the same coverage, but at a cheaper cost. Does he make the Insurance companies an offer they cannot refuse? Silence on illegals getting coverage, so I suspect they self deprt to get coverage.
2. Middle East Conflicts. ISIS. He is not telling how he is going to get rid of them. (Does not know?)
3. LGBT. They can breathe a sigh of relief.
4. Supreme Court nominee. Did not hear any commitment to repeal Roe v Wade. Pro Life judge though.
5. Jobs bill. Did not hear too much details.
6. Immigration bill. Wants to build the wall. may not be too high sounded like. But he wants to deport a few million whom he thinks are criminals..or imprison.. :eek:

I never watched the Apprentice. But This reality show I suspect may close with a Bang.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The interesting things from the interview were.
1. Health Care- He pretty much wants to keep the same coverage, but at a cheaper cost. Does he make the Insurance companies an offer they cannot refuse? Silence on illegals getting coverage, so I suspect they self deprt to get coverage.
2. Middle East Conflicts. ISIS. He is not telling how he is going to get rid of them. (Does not know?)
3. LGBT. They can breathe a sigh of relief.
4. Supreme Court nominee. Did not hear any commitment to repeal Roe v Wade. Pro Life judge though.
5. Jobs bill. Did not hear too much details.
6. Immigration bill. Wants to build the wall. may not be too high sounded like. But he wants to deport a few million whom he thinks are criminals..or imprison.. :eek:

I never watched the Apprentice. But This reality show I suspect may close with a Bang.
Its so obvious that he is trying to balance the things he said during the campaign with what he really feels about said policies. He can't say, we're not going to build a wall or I said that just to get elected, so instead he's saying things like, I don't mind if parts of it are a fence and others a wall. Eventually that will get diluted down to just fencing, and after that it will be no wall or fence because most people are flying into the states, not crossing the Rio Grande.

- Health Care - pretty obvious he likes aspects of Obamacare which will be a prelude to possibly not doing anything or coming up with a replacement that actually contains many Obamacare like provisions.

- LGBT - Marriage equality is the law of the land. As expected, unlike Pence, he has no issue with the gay community.

I expect more and more erosion of his core campaign issues after he gets into office.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Its so obvious that he is trying to balance the things he said during the campaign with what he really feels about said policies. He can't say, we're not going to build a wall or I said that just to get elected, so instead he's saying things like, I don't mind if parts of it are a fence and others a wall. Eventually that will get diluted down to just fencing, and after that it will be no wall or fence because most people are flying into the states, not crossing the Rio Grande.

- Health Care - pretty obvious he likes aspects of Obamacare which will be a prelude to possibly not doing anything or coming up with a replacement that actually contains many Obamacare like provisions.

- LGBT - Marriage equality is the law of the land. As expected, unlike Pence, he has no issue with the gay community.

I expect more and more erosion of his core campaign issues after he gets into office.
pretty much agree.

I suspect he may well get a SC judge who is down the middle. Honestly I don't know names. But that would be easy to get approval. Though it may anger the Righties.
Health Care. I was thinking could he be thinking of the Swiss model. Tightly controlled about cost increases. That would be wonderful.
The Wall...yeah...:lol:

When he mentioned the money on wars...6 Trillion. We could have rebuilt teh country twice over. So a 3 Trillion Infrastructure budget? wow. That would be stupendous. Jobs... His voters and all voters will be happy with that. I expect he will face more opposition from his own party than the Dems.

My one big concern with him is how he reacts when angry. Its obvious he is thin skinned.

This is even more interesting than Obama's 2008 win.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Those are some ugly, cheap ties Trump and his sons are wearing. You are President now, go call Alan Flusser and get some advice on mens fashion ffs

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Link to that vid?
Just go to the TYT YouTube page. Pretty much all his election videos over the last 18 months have him predicting a muppet win, and there's so many election night video's so his apology will be in at least two of them, I watched it live on the night so can't say which one it's likely to be in or not.

She's a formidable woman. Articulate, intelligent, gracious, (and beautiful)!
It's a shame she receives so much unwarranted invective from people clearly nowhere near as informed about the issues she talks about.
Worst WUM on the forum. Dropped this stinker then ran off in to the woods. Piss poor effort 1/10

The Anointed one (well spray tanned at least) just said he will leave the Gays alone and Gay marriage is safe but he's going all out against abortion. I presume that's to appease Pence who wanted both, but had to settle for one, so he's just going after women's rights.

If the USA isn't careful these feckers will take you back to the middle ages and it might take years to catch back up again. Seriously being against abortion in this day and age is just so very sad. I fear for those poor women who might now be forced to give birth to a rapists baby, or to a seriously deformed one, or even when it could easily endanger their lives by doing so. Obviously it's not an easy task, but if they make it their mission, then they have 4 years to do so, and to what aim? All they are doing is causing severe pain and suffering for no fecking reason other than it goes against something they believe in, yet it's completely the opposite of how the country feels. It's shameful! Archaic and disgusting. Fecking annoys the shit out of me too how it's always MEN! that want to control what women do. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Fascist cnuts!

Abizzz

From that link:
"Trump aides were described by those people as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr.Obama's term"

Melania to Michelle: " What are Sasha and Malia leaving too???"

:lol:

SNL couldn't make it up.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
pretty much agree.

I suspect he may well get a SC judge who is down the middle. Honestly I don't know names. But that would be easy to get approval. Though it may anger the Righties.
Health Care. I was thinking could he be thinking of the Swiss model. Tightly controlled about cost increases. That would be wonderful.
The Wall...yeah...:lol:

When he mentioned the money on wars...6 Trillion. We could have rebuilt teh country twice over. So a 3 Trillion Infrastructure budget? wow. That would be stupendous. Jobs... His voters and all voters will be happy with that. I expect he will face more opposition from his own party than the Dems.

My one big concern with him is how he reacts when angry. Its obvious he is thin skinned.

This is even more interesting than Obama's 2008 win.
First of all, the 6 Trillion dollars is, like much what he says, not directly a lie but still false. Take into consideration it's a number conducted by experts taking long term costs into account. Not all of it has been spend by now, but it is covering a span of 20 years. So when he talks about spending half of that in 4, yeah...go figure.
Also, a lot o this money hadn't to be raised, it was already in the budget as part of the defense budget. The 3 trillion dollars he is talking about, he would need to raise out of thin air since he also plans on lowering taxes.
Sorry to say, but this won't happen.

Last edited:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Just go to the TYT YouTube page. Pretty much all his election videos over the last 18 months have him predicting a muppet win, and there's so many election night video's so his apology will be in at least two of them, I watched it live on the night so can't say which one it's likely to be in or not.

Worst WUM on the forum. Dropped this stinker then ran off in to the woods. Piss poor effort 1/10

The Anointed one (well spray tanned at least) just said he will leave the Gays alone and Gay marriage is safe but he's going all out against abortion. I presume that's to appease Pence who wanted both, but had to settle for one, so he's just going after women's rights.

If the USA isn't careful these feckers will take you back to the middle ages and it might take years to catch back up again. Seriously being against abortion in this day and age is just so very sad. I fear for those poor women who might now be forced to give birth to a rapists baby, or to a seriously deformed one, or even when it could easily endanger their lives by doing so. Obviously it's not an easy task, but if they make it their mission, then they have 4 years to do so, and to what aim? All they are doing is causing severe pain and suffering for no fecking reason other than it goes against something they believe in, yet it's completely the opposite of how the country feels. It's shameful! Archaic and disgusting. Fecking annoys the shit out of me too how it's always MEN! that want to control what women do. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Fascist cnuts!
This probably has the least impact on me out of Trump's ideas, but it really is infuriating how backwards half of America is. Why do the government feel the need to get involved in what a woman chooses to do to her own body? :mad:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think the Trump aides are dumb but even I don't believe they didn't know the staff needed to be their own.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Question for people who actually understand U.S. politics: why are citizens (like Trump, for example) who have never held political office allowed to run for President?

Status
Not open for further replies.