The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The Republicans tried to rush through an aid package that basically just handed a shitload of money to big businesses with no oversight. The Democrats told them to feck off, and now are trying to push through an aid package that includes a load of random non-Covid related shit they want too.

Basically normal American politics.
Cheers. Sounds shambolic. Really makes me appreciate things here in Denmark where all the parties agreed on an aid package in no time and with no sour grapes from anyone afterwards.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Cheers. Sounds shambolic. Really makes me appreciate things here in Denmark where all the parties agreed on an aid package in no time and with no sour grapes from anyone afterwards.
It's how they bribe all their party members to vote for bills, its corrupt as feck basically. They pack these bills with little things that benefit different congress members districts, regardless of whether it has anything to do with the subject of the bill itself.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The Republicans tried to rush through an aid package that basically just handed a shitload of money to big businesses with no oversight. The Democrats told them to feck off, and now are trying to push through an aid package that includes a load of random non-Covid related shit they want too.

Basically normal American politics.
It really takes both sides being shite to tango.sure the Democrats have a more noble agenda, but now isnt really the time to try and force through unrelated stuff Id say.

Meanwhile, I heard a Trumper accidentally killed himself by taking something with a similar name to what Trump is touting, but is actually fish tank cleaner.

At some point the WHO should encourage a total censorship of Trump? He's literally killing people now. Though I suppose if all his fans OD on fishtank cleaner, the whole 4 more years problem solves itself.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
It's how they bribe all their party members to vote for bills, its corrupt as feck basically. They pack these bills with little things that benefit different congress members districts, regardless of whether it has anything to do with the subject of the bill itself.
I’ve heard this before and that, coupled with the increasingly partisan nature of their politicians, makes me think that American democracy is dying. You’d think that if ever there was a time to put personal agendas a side and rally behind the people for a greater cause it was now.

Also, and I’ve said this before, but it’s absolutely grotesque that in the self-acclaimed greatest country in the world, the two candidates for the presidency will be Trump, who’s as unsuited for the job as possible, and a 700-year old Joe Biden.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Meanwhile, I heard a Trumper accidentally killed himself by taking something with a similar name to what Trump is touting, but is actually fish tank cleaner.
Surely that's a scene from the film Idiocracy? :houllier:

Foxbatt

Who is that guy in the military uniform that was squirming when Trump was questioning the lady? I mean most professional people who have a brain are embarrassed of Trump.

Revan

Assumptionman
If he really removes the restrictions, that is the end of his presidency. The number will increase by end of April / mid-May to a few thousand people dying each day, which in turn means that he will need to put restrictions back, but this time it will be much harder. And then Biden would walk the election.

I actually thought that for the last few weeks he has been doing alright, but now he is going full-Trump again.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Or they were happy to be put on a leash and led around by their Chinese overlords.
What evidence do you have that the WHO acts at the behest of the Chinese government besides that little voice in your head?

Even if the WHO is doing what you claim, it’s the federal governments job, specifically the executive branch to safeguard Americans from “threats” such as these. Leadership isn’t finding a new scapegoat...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If he really removes the restrictions, that is the end of his presidency. The number will increase by end of April / mid-May to a few thousand people dying each day, which in turn means that he will need to put restrictions back, but this time it will be much harder. And then Biden would walk the election.

I actually thought that for the last few weeks he has been doing alright, but now he is going full-Trump again.
I reckon he’s trying to wash his hands of responsibility for the economy.

Revan

Assumptionman
I reckon he’s trying to wash his hands of responsibility for the economy.
I really hope that there are experts there who try to push him from that idea.

I mean, even if we assume that it is okay to kill 1% of the population (because in long term, more people will die/suffer from a new Great Depression if the economy tanks), it will just not happen. When the number of deaths explodes, people will be scared for their lives and just won't go out.

I know that any solution will need to have an economical part on it, but it needs to be a balanced solution. South Korea seem to be doing fine, the disease managed without shutting down the country. Until we have the vaccine, that should be the blueprint, not pretending that the disease does not exist. Do that, and then in 2-3 weeks, you will need another lockdown, but the number of sick/dead people will be higher, and the lockdown will last longer.

Revan

Assumptionman
What evidence do you have that the WHO acts at the behest of the Chinese government besides that little voice in your head?

Even if the WHO is doing what you claim, it’s the federal governments job, specifically the executive branch to safeguard Americans from “threats” such as these. Leadership isn’t finding a new scapegoat...
1) WHO president came to that position because of the power of Chinese lobby.
2) WHO was more interested in being politically correct 'oh this is not Chinese/Wuhan virus' rather than doing something about the disease (despite the practice of actually calling the viruses by the place they were discovered).
3) WHO lied same as Chinese government that the virus does not spread human to human. That happened only 3 days before the total lockdown in Wuhan (so the number of infected people was in the thousands, they weren't all eating bats right).
4) WHO refused to declare it a pandemic until the situation improved in China.

WHO fecked up (same as Chinese government), but except a few countries like Singapore, it seems that everyone fecked up.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I really hope that there are experts there who try to push him from that idea.

I mean, even if we assume that it is okay to kill 1% of the population (because in long term, more people will die/suffer from a new Great Depression if the economy tanks), it will just not happen. When the number of deaths explodes, people will be scared for their lives and just won't go out.

I know that any solution will need to have an economical part on it, but it needs to be a balanced solution. South Korea seem to be doing fine, the disease managed without shutting down the country. Until we have the vaccine, that should be the blueprint, not pretending that the disease does not exist. Do that, and then in 2-3 weeks, you will need another lockdown, but the number of sick/dead people will be higher, and the lockdown will last longer.
You miss my point. I’m suggesting that he does not want to actually go though with it, he’s calling the bluff of Democrats, the Media and even Congress. He’s that dickhead going “don’t hold me back, don‘t hold me back” while he secretly hopes he’s held back because he will get his arse kicked otherwise.

All he wants is one person or group to stop him and he will spend the rest of his campaign blaming them for the economy, telling everyone how he would have fixed it if it wasn’t for that unpatriotic straw man that got in his way.

Revan

Assumptionman
You miss my point. I’m suggesting that he does not want to actually go though with it, he’s calling the bluff of Democrats, the Media and even Congress. He’s that dickhead going “don’t hold me back, don‘t hold me back” while he secretly hopes he’s held back because he will get his arse kicked otherwise.

All he wants is one person or group to stop him and he will spend the rest of his campaign blaming them for the economy, telling everyone how he would have fixed it if it wasn’t for that unpatriotic straw man that got in his way.
Ah, ok, makes sense what you are saying. That is fine though, at this stage, I could care less about politics as long as there is a good solution to this problem (or well, the least bad possible solution).

The Democrats are not holding themselves in glory though, it needs to be said. The Republicans seem interested to give big bailouts to their friends in large corporations, Democrats seem to be interested more in their diversity agenda rather than doing something about the disease, Trump is a moron who might do what Fox says and too many dickheads in the general population. Hard to see this going well.

Precaution

Problem here is, despite all his crap and the stuff he's producing that would probably take down most Presidents, the American public by large are pretty dumb and judging by his approval polls he's probably about to get a Bush like jump even with his idiotic handling of 9/11, it's funny in a way that the two most horrific events in modern America (9/11 & this Virus) you have the two dumbest & actual idiotic morons as a President spearheading recover of said event in the worst way possible but still had high approval polls that lead to a second term.

It won't be much of a surprise if Trump gets to the same level as Bush did post 9/11, buckle up folks.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

The perfect video.
The economy number in the bottom right is green and running upwards, because the joke of a president is talking out of his ass about re-opening before it is safe. Then he references packed churches, condemning his most loyal support to death like the dems did last week, and just like older dem voters they will enthusiastically do it too, because green number go up and daddy trump will look good.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

The perfect video.
The economy number in the bottom right is green and running upwards, because the joke of a president is talking out of his ass about re-opening before it is safe. Then he references packed churches, condemning his most loyal support to death like the dems did last week, and just like older dem voters they will enthusiastically do it too, because green number go up and daddy trump will look good.
This is amazing. If it was part of some movie, everyone would think it to be too implausible to pass even for satire.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
2) WHO was more interested in being politically correct 'oh this is not Chinese/Wuhan virus' rather than doing something about the disease (despite the practice of actually calling the viruses by the place they were discovered).
3) WHO lied same as Chinese government that the virus does not spread human to human. That happened only 3 days before the total lockdown in Wuhan (so the number of infected people was in the thousands, they weren't all eating bats right).

WHO fecked up (same as Chinese government), but except a few countries like Singapore, it seems that everyone fecked up.
  1. Please post evidence. You are just making statements
  2. That's a subjective, garbage opinion. Again please post some evidence.
  3. WHO reported what the Chinese government scientific officials told them. They were wrong, yes, but unless you're wearing a tin foil hat there is not reason to believe they purposely lied.
  4. This is again a subjective, garbage opinion
You honestly sound like these low-information Trump supporters on Twitter.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Everyone keeps getting that story wrong. The point wasn't "look at that fool Cnut, he thought he could command the tide", it was humility in showing he couldn't command the tide. Obviously none of this actually happened, but still.
Pisses me off too.

Foxbatt

Don't be ruddy ridiculous. No International Organisation is going to call out any member of the UN Security Council on anything. Even Dr. Fauci is saying that he is not going to call it Chinese Virus. Not because it was discovered in China but no sensible person is going to call any virus by the name of any country. If you see the WHO press release about the Coronavirus it is the format any UN Organisation would use. They put everything on the head of the Chinese and not on themselves. So that is why they said according to China etc. You may not be familiar how International organisations have to work. They have a certain protocol to follow. They simply cannot go on accusing countries of such issues. It has got nothing to do with China or the USA. The UN cannot go on say the US is murdering or bombing innocent civilians even when they were killing wedding parties in Afghanistan.
Individual countries can say it but not the UN or WHO.
As for not declaring a pandemic WHO cannot declare a pandemic until certain conditions have been met. Even the US Centre of Disease Control and Prevention agreed in February that only two of the three conditions were met in February. Reporters and newspapers can shout about pandemic and all that as they do not have a responsibility for what they say but International Organisations of the UN cannot do that. They operate under a legal framework that has been agreed by the member states. So they cannot go and declare stuff willy nilly according to what the DG wants or not. By the way Bruce Alyward is a Canadian and he is the senior expert on WHO on this.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
This is amazing. If it was part of some movie, everyone would think it to be too implausible to pass even for satire.
He doesn't care about Americans or even his base. You see no sense of empathy or grief from him in the midst of all of this. I've never been one to harp on Donald Trump's antics because 1) the American people are ultimately at fault for electing him 2) I thought we could get through this fours years without a major crisis, but it's different now with lives at stake, including those of my elderly parents.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

The WHO is really named after the Wuhan Health Organisation and the Chinese are to blame for the Trump administration’s disastrous and inadequate response to the “Chinese virus” disaster what’s about to hit the US. Think of that when the US health system gets completely overwhelmed in the coming weeks. Loons!!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Your first time to the Trump Rodeo?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

The perfect video.
If he wasn't such a prick, he'd be hilarious.

I actually laughed when he said "Easter is a very special time for me...." and you could see the wheels spinning in his head as he decided where to take this bullshittery.

sglowrider

If he wasn't such a prick, he'd be hilarious.

I actually laughed when he said "Easter is a very special time for me...." and you could see the wheels spinning in his head as he decided where to take this bullshittery.
19 plus 7 when we 'heard' about it. :lol: :lol:

In the Trump Era, POTUS means Prick of the United States

Last edited:

sglowrider

Unfortunately, I live in his rodeo. Just boils my piss to see people falling for it.
It's not like Trump is new to the scene. He has been bullshitting since the 80s.

The good thing about having Trump around is that --- despite the fact that you may be having a bad day at the office, you can confidently comfort yourself knowing that you are smarter still than 63 million other people!

Status
Not open for further replies.