The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
What does being in Chinatown have to do with a travel ban? You do know that Chinatown isn't actually in China?

I myself went to the Chinese New Year celebration in San Francisco's Chinatown.
Really no kidding it's in America I did not know thanks for pointing out the obvious. Why does the champion of complaining about Trump's reaction to lockdown walk around Chinatown after Trump travel ban? You can't see anything wrong with that. Oh so you ignored the warmings to and now complain.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Stop with the insults Peter your hurting my feelings you don't have to reply to my posts but I think you like to. Trash talk and yet you just insulted my dead mother wow lovely.
Ignore him mate, bet he'll be banned before long

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Really no kidding it's in America I did not know thanks for pointing out the obvious. Why does the champion of complaining about Trump's reaction to lockdown walk around Chinatown after Trump travel ban? You can't see anything wrong with that. Oh so you ignored the warmings to and now complain.

No, please explain it to me. In simple declarative sentences without sarcasm or nonsense.

I'll help you a little

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-false-claims-about-pelosi-and-chinatown/

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Did I once ever say I agree with what they did no, I just pointed out that there are nutters on both sides of the political spectrum both sides? I asked a valid question why was the tear up the state of the union address paper Nancy walking around Chinatown after Trump had already issued a travel ban why and now she says deaths are on Trump's hands. Black Kettle Black Pot thingy.
Could you maybe find some of these photos of people outside abortion clinics?

SAred

No, please explain it to me. In simple declarative sentences without sarcasm or nonsense.
Trump issues a travel ban to the country where this outbreak originated from, warming to Americans that he is trying to do his bit to curtail a virus from the source now before someone spins this has raciest which we know the left side like to do.

Surely the biggest way of capturing the virus is from the very people that the virus came now I know you going to tell me in its America right so what have they got to do with it. People travel, people have family and some of that family would be in China so the risk for her to catch the virus would be of been greater. Why did she feel ignoring the warming that a virus from China is starting to rear its ugly head? Do you not think if she did not want to listen to Trump has she clearly hates the man she could of at least headed the warmings from the WHO.

Let's be honest the world now has a big problem with a virus that had its roots in China so everyone directly or indirectly that has this virus has it because of China. So Nancy surely in her wisdom would have been better telling supporters to be aware rather than walking around Chinatown and hugging people after Trump's travel ban from China

Stactix

Did I once ever say I agree with what they did no, I just pointed out that there are nutters on both sides of the political spectrum both sides? I asked a valid question why was the tear up the state of the union address paper Nancy walking around Chinatown after Trump had already issued a travel ban why and now she says deaths are on Trump's hands. Black Kettle Black Pot thingy.
Ah yes both sides, one side is the racist scum and the other is feminists with no evidence to suggest they are guilty of doing what the rabble of Trump supporters were doing.

A travelban to mainland China and Chinatown are two different things.
Also very likely that US got hit mostly from cases coming from Europe due to the travelban on China...

SAred

Could you maybe find some of these photos of people outside abortion clinics?
My point is that on both sides of the political spectrum there are nutters, not all trump supporters are like these guys and not all left-sided thinking people think like a mad feminist well maybe Peter Van Der Gea does :) , hell here in South Africa you would not believe the amount of Africans that actually love Trump and if you don't believe me pop on to the Facebook page called My South Africa or Eyewitness News.

SAred

Ah yes both sides, one side is the racist scum and the other is feminists with no evidence to suggest they are guilty of doing what the rabble of Trump supporters were doing.

I know that but the biggest risk and not to sound racist would be hanging around people that would have or could have family and contact with people for mainland China, surely in a pandemic it would of being better for her to not of gone there seeing she is now blaming the massive deaths in the US on Trump's in

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Trump issues a travel ban to the country where this outbreak originated from, warming to Americans that he is trying to do his bit to curtail a virus from the source now before someone spins this has raciest which we know the left side like to do.

Surely the biggest way of capturing the virus is from the very people that the virus came now I know you going to tell me in its America right so what have they got to do with it. People travel, people have family and some of that family would be in China so the risk for her to catch the virus would be of been greater. Why did she feel ignoring the warming that a virus from China is starting to rear its ugly head? Do you not think if she did not want to listen to Trump has she clearly hates the man she could of at least headed the warmings from the WHO.

Let's be honest the world now has a big problem with a virus that had its roots in China so everyone directly or indirectly that has this virus has it because of China. So Nancy surely in her wisdom would have been better telling supporters to be aware rather than walking around Chinatown and hugging people after Trump's travel ban from China
You didn't read the link, did you?

Can you explain how the China travel ban prevented Italians and other non-Chinese nationals from spreading the virus in the US.

It's quite clear that you are looking for any tenuous argument to deflect from the way Trump has mishandled the crisis in the US and we can all see that. Quite frankly I'm getting tired of your trolling in this thread. If you continue to post like you did above then you can keep up your arguments, but if you revert to baseless trolling then I will re-evaluate your worth to this thread.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My point is that on both sides of the political spectrum there are nutters, not all trump supporters are like these guys and not all left-sided thinking people think like a mad feminist well maybe Peter Van Der Gea does :) , hell here in South Africa you would not believe the amount of Africans that actually love Trump and if you don't believe me pop on to the Facebook page called My South Africa or Eyewitness News.
Oh right sorry, so we're coming up with things that "might be a bit like that" without actually being able to produce examples?

Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
1. It wasn't lockdown. Trump hasn't implemented a lockdown.

2. Trump's travel ban didn't work as it has been pointed out countless times most US cases originated from EU strains. Also, over 40,000 people flew to the USA AFTER Trump implemented his travel ban. None of them had checks at Customs either and none were put in quarantine.

Pelosi's actions are being spun to distract from all of Trump's failings using the same whataboutism tactics you so often like deploying in your posts.

Last edited:

SAred

You didn't read the link, did you?

Can you explain how the China travel ban prevented Italians and other non-Chinese nationals from spreading the virus in the US.

It's quite clear that you are looking for any tenuous argument to deflect from the way Trump has mishandled the crisis in the US and we can all see that. Quite frankly I'm getting tired of your trolling in this thread. If you continue to post like you did above then you can keep up your arguments, but if you revert to baseless trolling then I will re-evaluate your worth to this thread.
Firstly I m not trolling and why would I bored on Lockdown, I know very well that this is we hate Trump page and everyone has there opinion but because mine is slightly different why call it Trolling and boot me of the page where is my freedom of speech. I have not insulted anyone but been insulted now I don't agree with everything Trump says but have a point so re-evaluate my posts.

I did open the link thank you this is the one part I took out: Precautions have been taken by our city. We know that there is concern surrounding tourism, traveling all throughout the world, but we think it’s very safe to be in Chinatown and hope that others will come. It’s lovely here. The food is delicious, the shops are prospering, the parade was great. Walking tours continue. Please come and visit and enjoy Chinatown. Really how good is that telling people in the middle of a pandemic this surely that is not correct.

When the travel ban came into place it was to restrict movement to and forth from the epicenter, it was the first measure of containment and at that time on 31.01.2020 the worlds total cases were deaths 259 and cases 11950 of those 11791 were in China and all the deaths were in China. So issue travel restrictions from that part of the world surely was a good idea.

This could be the last post-Grimmer you can lock me from the page for Trolling or depriving me of my freedom of Speech. But if you lock me out please don't lock me out of the Manchester Matchday page always a laugh at the bitching going on there when United are losing.

Player Red

Firstly I m not trolling and why would I bored on Lockdown, I know very well that this is we hate Trump page and everyone has there opinion but because mine is slightly different why call it Trolling and boot me of the page where is my freedom of speech. I have not insulted anyone but been insulted now I don't agree with everything Trump says but have a point so re-evaluate my posts.

I did open the link thank you this is the one part I took out: Precautions have been taken by our city. We know that there is concern surrounding tourism, traveling all throughout the world, but we think it’s very safe to be in Chinatown and hope that others will come. It’s lovely here. The food is delicious, the shops are prospering, the parade was great. Walking tours continue. Please come and visit and enjoy Chinatown. Really how good is that telling people in the middle of a pandemic this surely that is not correct.

When the travel ban came into place it was to restrict movement to and forth from the epicenter, it was the first measure of containment and at that time on 31.01.2020 the worlds total cases were deaths 259 and cases 11950 of those 11791 were in China and all the deaths were in China. So issue travel restrictions from that part of the world surely was a good idea.

This could be the last post-Grimmer you can lock me from the page for Trolling or depriving me of my freedom of Speech. But if you lock me out please don't lock me out of the Manchester Matchday page always a laugh at the bitching going on there when United are losing.
Sure she was just following the supreme leaders' advice. And that was a couple of weeks prior to the below.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal

This isn't the US. We don't have a freedom of speech right here.

You've been warned for trolling so stop doing that.

As for the Chinatown thing, Pelosi spoke several weeks after the parade and after the travel ban had been enacted so it was safe for people to do what she said since social distancing measures had not yet been enacted. So then I ask you again, what was wrong with what she said given those facts?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wow @SAred is good. I'm trying to keep up with Trump's presidency failing (or successes if there are any) over Covid. He is still the president right? I'm not sure anymore. My head's in a spin over the last few pages on this MAGA roundabout.

To help me re-balance, SARed, can you tell me why Obama was not in office when 9/11 happened? Just trying to work out a scale of intelligence here. :)

SAred

Wow @SAred is good. I'm trying to keep up with Trump's presidency failing (or successes if there are any) over Covid. He is still the president right? I'm not sure anymore. My head's in a spin over the last few pages on this MAGA roundabout.

To help me re-balance, SARed, can you tell me why Obama was not in office when 9/11 happened? Just trying to work out a scale of intelligence here. :)
Thinking that if Nancy did not want to listen to Trump surely WHO warnings should of given her some insight of the nastiness of this virus. There is the problem right there in American the one side hates the other so much no matter if something good is said it will not be followed because of the constant infighting. Surely a travel ban from the epicenter was a good thing.

SAred

This isn't the US. We don't have a freedom of speech right here.

You've been warned for trolling so stop doing that.

As for the Chinatown thing, Pelosi spoke several weeks after the parade and after the travel ban had been enacted so it was safe for people to do what she said since social distancing measures had not yet been enacted. So then I ask you again, what was wrong with what she said given those facts?
So no freedom of speech or alternative views strange that seeing that we have so many people that believe that is a human right on this page. The Chinatown parade was in February surely it would of been nice for her to not listen to Trump but listen to the WHO and learnt about social distancing. Thats the problem in American Politics the hate from each side is bad very bad and no matter what if good intentions which Im sure many would agree the travel ban was good would just be ignored because our side did not think of it. Trump is blame for a lot of that but so are the left side. The system is shattered peoples trust has gone and the hate is real.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Thinking that if Nancy did not want to listen to Trump surely WHO warnings should of given her some insight of the nastiness of this virus. There is the problem right there in American the one side hates the other so much no matter if something good is said it will not be followed because of the constant infighting. Surely a travel ban from the epicenter was a good thing.
I agree there may be a hint of hypocrisy, though a very tiny speck as she was also following the country's laws. But ultimately she has every right as a known figure to question the establishment thoroughly and relentlessly for their failings as Trump is in charge, not Pelosi. There should be 0.5% of time spent criticising her and the rest on Trump. You have turned those figures around in this very thread which shows you actively engage in whataboutisms just like all MAGAts, MAGArs, sorry not sure what the correct term is.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
So no freedom of speech or alternative views strange that seeing that we have so many people that believe that is a human right on this page. The Chinatown parade was in February surely it would of been nice for her to not listen to Trump but listen to the WHO and learnt about social distancing. Thats the problem in American Politics the hate from each side is bad very bad and no matter what if good intentions which Im sure many would agree the travel ban was good would just be ignored because our side did not think of it. Trump is blame for a lot of that but so are the left side. The system is shattered peoples trust has gone and the hate is real.
You really do seem to have problems comprehending basic arguments or maybe it's just wilful ignorance. I was at that Chinatown parade which, you probably don't know, happens to be in Nancy Pelosi's district. That's why she came out in support of her local constituents. At this time Chinese restaurants and businesses were being hit very hard and needed some support. We went to the parade knowing that the virus had links to China so were careful about what we did...but nobody was familiar with social distancing at that time and there was no official advice about doing any of that.

Explain to me how Pelosi urging people not to boycott San Francisco's Chinatown was an example of ignoring the travel ban?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Guys, can offer a point of advice I learned this time last week: SARed isn't a 'good actor'. He's not 'debating'. He won't follow facts, he'll use whataboutism and false equivalents and any major point you make will be ignored in favour of raising a red herring.

Don't. Bother. You won't get what you want, because finding a logical, well-reasoned Trump supporter at this stage is like searching for a unicorn. Many people dream of finding one, but nature won't allow them to exist.

decorativeed

Also very likely that US got hit mostly from cases coming from Europe due to the travelban on China...
Well there are two sides to every story. One may well be completely fictional, existing only in the head of SARed, but it is still another side.

SAred

You really do seem to have problems comprehending basic arguments or maybe it's just wilful ignorance. I was at that Chinatown parade which, you probably don't know, happens to be in Nancy Pelosi's district. That's why she came out in support of her local constituents. At this time Chinese restaurants and businesses were being hit very hard and needed some support. We went to the parade knowing that the virus had links to China so were careful about what we did...but nobody was familiar with social distancing at that time and there was no official advice about doing any of that.

Explain to me how Pelosi urging people not to boycott San Francisco's Chinatown was an example of ignoring the travel ban?
That's your hypocrisy right here on this comment you all scream blue murder on how this virus has effected much of American, killed Thousands and yet when Trump issued a travel ban from the epicenter you ignore the signs and party like its 1999. Its Trump to blame for that is Trump to blame for Nancy encouragement of social gatherings because business where shattered because of a virus why did she not act responsible and get people to avoid large crowd the WHO warmed the world by then. So hate Trump all you want but to believe the left side acted responsible is far from the truth.

SAred

Well there are two sides to every story. One may well be completely fictional, existing only in the head of SARed, but it is still another side.
When in your wisdom was a good time for Trump to close the country down, now don't forget Nancy was promoting social gatherings after the Travel ban from China. So when in your opinion was it good to close the worlds biggest economy down.

decorativeed

When in your wisdom was a good time for Trump to close the country down, now don't forget Nancy was promoting social gatherings after the Travel ban from China. So when in your opinion was it good to close the worlds biggest economy down.
What are you on about now? As far as I can see, Trump has not closed the country down, and has no authority to open and/or close it.

What is obvious to see to any casual observer, is that Trump did not heed any warnings about the virus, did not take it at all seriously and continues not to do so. They were lucky in the US to remain realatively free of it for long after it had caused chaos in Asia and Europe, yet he dismissed the idea that America would be affected by it just the same as anywhere else, and wasted valuable time to mitigate its effects somewhat by preparing. Almost all the action taken against it has been at a state level, and he's doing everything he can to rail against those measures.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
That's your hypocrisy right here on this comment you all scream blue murder on how this virus has effected much of American, killed Thousands and yet when Trump issued a travel ban from the epicenter you ignore the signs and party like its 1999. Its Trump to blame for that is Trump to blame for Nancy encouragement of social gatherings because business where shattered because of a virus why did she not act responsible and get people to avoid large crowd the WHO warmed the world by then. So hate Trump all you want but to believe the left side acted responsible is far from the truth.

I'm afraid that you just aren't the quality that's needed in this forum. You're unable to even write out a decent post let alone do one with coherent arguments. I've warned you multiple times about your poorly formatted posts, and it is apparent that you can't respond to questions in order to further the debate without resorting to trolling nonsense.

cyberman

It was pointless in closing down the country at all when they didnt prepare for this pandemic pre lockdown or use the time the lockdown gave them.

SAred

I'm afraid that you just aren't the quality that's needed in this forum. You're unable to even write out a decent post let alone do one with coherent arguments. I've warned you multiple times about your poorly formatted posts, and it is apparent that you can't respond to questions in order to further the debate without resorting to trolling nonsense.
And yet people respond to my posts cant be that poorly written I just believe I thrown a spanner in your works and you don''t like it. Anyway do what you want wife is complaining Im spending to much time on this page anyway.

decorativeed

What Nancy Pelosi did in her district was out of concerns for the effect people's fear was having on the residents and businesses in her local Chinatown. It's absolutely no different to the reactions of councillors in Manchester and Liverpool - trying to support a part of their local community, and sticking to the available evidence and guidance at that moment in time: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ow-fear-coronavirus-hurting-business-17704047

decorativeed

And yet people respond to my posts. They can't be that poorly written. I just believe I have thrown a spanner in your works and you don''t like it. Anyway, do what you want. My wife is complaining I'm spending too much time on this page anyway.
Yes, they are badly written, and we can't spend all day fixing the grammar in them, let alone correcting your falsehoods and pointing out your whataboutery either.

SAred

What are you on about now? As far as I can see, Trump has not closed the country down, and has no authority to open and/or close it.

What is obvious to see to any casual observer, is that Trump did not heed any warnings about the virus, did not take it at all seriously and continues not to do so. They were lucky in the US to remain realatively free of it for long after it had caused chaos in Asia and Europe, yet he dismissed the idea that America would be affected by it just the same as anywhere else, and wasted valuable time to mitigate its effects somewhat by preparing. Almost all the action taken against it has been at a state level, and he's doing everything he can to rail against those measures.
And yet he argues the democrats are to blame, who to believe. We can argue until we are blue in the face but take a look around the world and see which country was prepared for a crisis this large. Sad that people are losing there lives but even in a lock-down people still ignore the dangers.This is the biggest problem the world has had to face since the 2rd world war and most countries where lacking including Trump's America.

SAred

What Nancy Pelosi did in her district was out of concerns for the effect people's fear was having on the residents and businesses in her local Chinatown. It's absolutely no different to the reactions of councillors in Manchester and Liverpool - trying to support a part of their local community, and sticking to the available evidence and guidance at that moment in time: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ow-fear-coronavirus-hurting-business-17704047
Can you speak Zulu? sorry my dots are not in the right place Ill try to improve. So people have cried blue murder that Trump wants to open up the country to early putting money before lives, but if Nancy does it its out of concern not notice the irony there.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
... I know very well that this is we hate Trump page

....... Please come and visit and enjoy Chinatown. Really how good is that telling people in the middle of a pandemic this surely that is not correct.

.... But if you lock me out please don't lock me out of the Manchester Matchday page always a laugh at the bitching going on there when United are losing.
Honestly, this isn't an anti Trump page. It's just that the guy does/says SO MANY stupid things, that there are natural negative comments. If this was a man in a bar, it'd be ridiculous but he's the President of the United States. Also, they're not minor things, he's causing deaths, he's sexist (massively), rude, stupid (beyond belief), a bully and creates a pack of nasty sycophants behind him.

The comment about Pelosi. It wasn't "in the middle of a pandemic" but I'll grant you that a senior politician could have made a different decision. The thing is you're holding up one minor point (that may or may not have been the right thing to do) and trying to use that in a 'there are two sides in the wrong here' argument. Unless you're a wum, they're nothing close to similar, hence why you're being called for trolling.

Why is United fans bitching on match day funny?

(Oh, your freedom of speech thing. As Grinner says, the Caf doesn't have one but I can guarantee you that the principle is used here. Case in point - you've been allowed to make the same point (regardless of facts, rationale) for quite some posts? Don't abuse it)

SAred

Honestly, this isn't an anti Trump page. It's just that the guy does/says SO MANY stupid things, that there are natural negative comments. If this was a man in a bar, it'd be ridiculous but he's the President of the United States. Also, they're not minor things, he's causing deaths, he's sexist (massively), rude, stupid (beyond belief), a bully and creates a pack of nasty sycophants behind him.

The comment about Pelosi. It wasn't "in the middle of a pandemic" but I'll grant you that a senior politician could have made a different decision. The thing is you're holding up one minor point (that may or may not have been the right thing to do) and trying to use that in a 'there are two sides in the wrong here' argument. Unless you're a wum, they're nothing close to similar, hence why you're being called for trolling.

Why is United fans bitching on match day funny?

(Oh, your freedom of speech thing. As Grinner says, the Caf doesn't have one but I can guarantee you that the principle is used here. Case in point - you've been allowed to make the same point (regardless of facts, rationale) for quite some posts? Don't abuse it)
I have replied to the same points because people have replied to my posts. Ill move on from Nancy now.

decorativeed

Can you speak Zulu? sorry my dots are not in the right place Ill try to improve. So people have cried blue murder that Trump wants to open up the country to early putting money before lives, but if Nancy does it its out of concern not notice the irony there.
Do you understand the concepts of 'before' and 'after'? Because I'm not sure you do.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Other than cause total carnage at airports, which probably did more harm than good, Trump never really attempted to put lives before money. He's always been slow to react to situations and we are now seeing the consequences of his inactions. Everyone else learned early on as data came in.

Cloud7

Been a while since there’s been a proper idiot in this thread. I thought they all went into hiding but there we go. Not calling any names of course, but the whataboutism, the imaginary false equivalences to those damn liberals and feminists, and all that good stuff, it’s been missing for a while.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I have replied to the same points because people have replied to my posts. Ill move on from Nancy now.
Thank you, that is appreciated. So now do you think Trump should resign from his role for putting his children in key roles that they are not suitable nor qualified for (it's called nepotism) during a pandemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.