The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How does he not see the eye thing when he looks in the mirror.

He may as well not take the goggles he wears in the tanning booth off, it'd look less weird if he just walked around permanently wearing a pair of swimming goggles.

Of all the people around the world who have strokes every day, why, why can't it just be him today!
He prefers grabbing to stroking.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The politicization of masks from Trump and his cultists is weird, indeed. It is close to unexplainable.
He's a weakling in denial with an idiot's notion of what constitutes strength i.e 'masks=illness=weakness'. Plus, he's mortally terrified of hints about his own mortality (even his own hints to himself), like all egoists; and of course he thinks the plebs will hesitate to visit Gucci if they think the virus is roaming the streets like Jack the Ripper given visible presence & reality by the very real symbolism of masks.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I reckon when he wants to if hes looking well, rather than look in a mirror, he Googles 'Trump looking well'.

SteveJ

Scout
TRUMP: "I guess I'm looking mighty fine, no matter what 'Popper and Steve say..."
TRUMP'S SOCK: "You look fantastic, Mr President. Ignore those jealous guys."
TRUMP: "I will, Voice of the Planet."

SteveJ

Scout
Fired State Department inspector general was cleared in leak inquiry prior to his removal, sources say

A
dministration officials said President Donald Trump fired the State Department's inspector general this month because his office was suspected of leaking to the media - but an independent investigation earlier this year found Steve Linick and his office had done no such thing.

An investigation by the Pentagon inspector general found no evidence that Linick or anyone in his office shared information with the media about a probe into the State Department, two sources familiar with the investigation told CNN, despite claims by an official close to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Republicans that there had been leaks from Linick's office. Last week Trump suggested that Linick had "problems" with the Defense Department.

Trump removed Linick at Pompeo's recommendation in a late night firing while attention was focused on the coronavirus pandemic. Linick is the fifth inspector general Trump has replaced since he was acquitted of impeachment charges of obstruction of Congress and abuse of power, in what critics see as an effort by the President to remove independent oversight.

Linick, whose office is charged with investigating waste, fraud and abuse at the State Department, had been investigating allegations that Pompeo used a political appointee for personal tasks such as dog walking and making restaurant reservations.

He was also reportedly looking into whether Pompeo broke rules when he declared an emergency last year that allowed the administration to fast track an $8 billion arms sales to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates for their war in Yemen over congressional objections.

(CNN)

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
TRUMP: "I guess I'm looking mighty fine, no matter what 'Popper and Steve say..."
I can totally envision him with sock puppets of Kim, Putin, and Xi. And Melania being horny but him too busy playing sock puppets to satisfy his ego, and off she goes to shag someone else while Donald rings up Bannon or Miller, "Tell me how great I am, Steven. Please."

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Pence from the corner: "you look...... amazing Mr President'

Trump: " oh hey Mike, I didn't know you were here yet..... where are your trousers?"

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
U.S. planning to cancel visas of Chinese graduate students: sources

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is planning to cancel the visas of thousands of Chinese graduate students believed by President Donald Trump’s administration to have links with China’s military, two sources with knowledge of the matter said on Thursday.

The move, first reported by the New York Times, could impact 3,000 to 5,000 Chinese students and could be announced as early as this week, according to the sources, including a current U.S. official and another individual who was briefed on the administration’s internal discussions.

The United States and China are at loggerheads over China’s decision to go forward with national security legislation for Hong Kong that democracy activists in the city and Western countries fear could erode its freedoms and jeopardize its role as a global financial hub.

Chinese students who are in the United States will have their visas canceled and will be expelled, the source briefed on the plans said, while those already outside the United States will not be allowed to return.

The main purpose of the action is to clamp down on spying and intellectual property theft that some Chinese nationals are suspected of engaging in on U.S. university and college campuses, the source said, adding that the administration expected significant push back from those institutions because of their financial interests in Chinese student enrollment.

Some 360,000 Chinese nationals who attend U.S. schools annually generate economic activity of about $14 billion, largely from tuitions and other fees.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Everything he says just reinforces the perception that he's mentally and emotionally on par with a 12-year old who believes that the world works like a shite action movie. I keep having to remind myself that this man is odds on to get two terms as the American President.

decorativeed

Twitter have neutered him!

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible

arnie_ni

Everything he says just reinforces the perception that he's mentally and emotionally on par with a 12-year old who believes that the world works like a shite action movie. I keep having to remind myself that this man is odds on to get two terms as the American President.
He'll more than likely win for mainly the same reason as last time. The candidate running against him

arnie_ni

Didnt the mayor come out and say the police officer needs prosecuted or something similar

decorativeed

As funny as this incident is, I worry it'll help him come the election with the freedom of speech nuts who don't understand that twitter and Facebook are private companies who don't owe people a platform to be hateful.

Also, I feel they've missed years worth of opportunities to correct his lies, especially during the last few months.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I was hoping they'd just ban him after that stupid EO, but this is actually better. It's going to drive him crazy. :lol:

SirAF

Ageist
....These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

Hammerfell

As funny as this incident is, I worry it'll help him come the election with the freedom of speech nuts who don't understand that twitter and Facebook are private companies who don't owe people a platform to be hateful.

Also, I feel they've missed years worth of opportunities to correct his lies, especially during the last few months.
Those people were always going to vote for him even before this happened.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think Twitter are calling Trump's bluff here. They've made a calculated decision to start holding him account because:

1. Very few others are in the position to.
2. They've finally realised that Trump and the right need Twitter as much, if not more, than Twitter needs them.
3. They know Trump and the alt-right could leave en masse to another platform to spit their bile but it won't resonate outside of their echo chamber like it does on Twitter. The reason Trump and his bots use Twitter is because it reaches a more diverse audience than Facebook, Fox, Breitbart and OANN.

Twitter are in a position of power and I think Jack has finally realised that they need to plan for life beyond Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.