The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It does. It shows the swing voters it’s ok to swing back.

The Fox News crowd is unreachable and not worth investing time in.

Many trump voters watch CNN.
You have a more optimistic outlook on brainwashed plebs than I do. Too many times have I seen a post with CNN and responses along the lines of "consider the source."

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Honestly surprised they haven't haven't started their own version of Twitter yet. Would do us all a favor.
It'll probably happen if Twitter cracks down on further misinformation. When you've got people like this guy who doesn't even attempt to have a debate and just says...

And the replies are from similar muppets then you start to think about the dangers of misinformation spreading. The annoying thing is that this tweet is relevant to this thread because Donnie can't keep his mouth shut for a second and NOT politicise every single thing.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Honestly surprised they haven't haven't started their own version of Twitter yet. Would do us all a favor.
They have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gab_(social_network)

It's full of Nazis and white supremacists, and at least two terrorists announced their acts of terror on the site.

For a Reddit alternative (which is funny, since Reddit has already been a breeding ground for the alt-right for years), there's Voat. Reddit-racists from The_Donald once tried to migrate to Voat, but were basically laughed off as posers by the Nazis that were already there. Then you have 4chan (bad) and 8chan (diabolically bad), of course. The founder of 8chan has been trying to kill the site for years, to his credit. 8chan in particular has been instrumental in the radicalization of actual terrorists. We can point and laugh and say "ha ha it's just memes and lulz", but internet radicalization is a real thing.

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
They have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gab_(social_network)

It's full of Nazis and white supremacists, and at least two terrorists announced their acts of terror on the site.

For a Reddit alternative (which is funny, since Reddit has already been a breeding ground for the alt-right for years), there's Voat. Reddit-racists from The_Donald once tried to migrate to Voat, but were basically laughed off as posers by the Nazis that were already there. Then you have 4chan (bad) and 8chan (diabolically bad), of course. The founder of 8chan has been trying to kill the site for years, to his credit. 8chan in particular has been instrumental in the radicalization of actual terrorists. We can point and laugh and say "ha ha it's just memes and lulz", but internet radicalization is a real thing.
Good thing at least it makes it less likely they poison the minds of the moderates because they re not gonna be likely to seek those out - whereas there is no way to avoid it on the "big ones". I'm also sure the FBI and others love it when they re clustered together. Kinda like the PD raiding your local seedy motels every month.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Good thing at least it makes it less likely they poison the minds of the moderates because they re not gonna be likely to seek those out - whereas there is no way to avoid it on the "big ones". I'm also sure the FBI and others love it when they re clustered together. Kinda like the PD raiding your local seedy motels every month.
Partially true, but unfortunately the pattern is that people start on milder sites like Reddit and 4chan, mostly joking, before it slowly becomes less of a joke and more of a piece of in-knowledge, and they might move on (to 8chan for example).

As for the FBI, studies have shown that the federal authorities were early on aware of sites like Stormfront (an actual, literal, non-disguised Nazi community), but completely failed to pick up on more subtle communities. Hopefully they're more wise to it now, though. It's hard not to be, after the terrorist attacks the last few years. Well, I say that, but wasn't there a document recently from some federal agency which showed that their terror risk assessment had antifa and left-wing activism on it, with no sign of white supremacy?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You're a regular feature in the scout chat when they discuss who the best poster is. @Invictus hates your guts because of it and keeps threatening to slash your tyres.
I knew it! I'm not sure exactly how but I feel like it must involve Soros or Gates in some way. Bastards.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I knew it! I'm not sure exactly how but I feel like it must involve Soros or Gates in some way. Bastards.
Yeah. Soros and Gates have bribed the rest of the Scouts to say that you're the best because you've promised to manufacture them microwaveable chips or something.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It'll probably happen if Twitter cracks down on further misinformation. When you've got people like this guy who doesn't even attempt to have a debate and just says...

And the replies are from similar muppets then you start to think about the dangers of misinformation spreading. The annoying thing is that this tweet is relevant to this thread because Donnie can't keep his mouth shut for a second and NOT politicise every single thing.
Okay who the f*ck is this Tom Fitton bastard? I've started receiving emails from him every bloody day no matter how times I click unsubscribe. Then he shows up on here?! I'm creeped out.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Okay who the f*ck is this Tom Fitton bastard? I've started receiving emails from him every bloody day no matter how times I click unsubscribe. Then he shows up on here?! I'm creeped out.
Head of yet another one of these right wing activist groups that have been given a platform in recent months

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Actually, I read that Parler is the big one on the right. Up and coming, completely devoid of any fact-checking or censorship, and apparently rather big.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parler

RooneyLegend

The man is not wrong, at this point the left and the right are equally ridiculous in all of this. Not a good word has been said about anything Trump has done since being president. How can he possibly be wrong and worthy of intense critiscm for everything he does/says? The agenda from CNN is palpable at this point.

The Hydroxychloriquine issue is a particularly interesting one. How is it now suddenly dangerous and potentially harmful to your health when it's been used to prevent and treat malaria for ages? The same FDA have approved it eons ago but now it could have all these side effects?

At this point medicine is being practiced in strange way. Go home and hope for the best surely can't be the best you can get from a hospital if you have a potentially fatal disease. I know for a fact, that I'd rather a doctor suggest something than tell me "good luck to your immune system".

The president of Madagascar said they had something that could treat Covid and I haven't even seen a single study. You'd think a bold claim like that would be properly investigated given its being promoted by an actual president of a country but nope, barely any reporting, and barely testing.

Russia claims they have a vaccine and they'll be potentially rolling it by out in a couple of weeks. It's been slammed before anything Is know about it? Clearly the issue is whos saying it as opposed to whether it works. We're living in dangerous times folks, no one seems to care about our wellfare. It's all agendas and narratives.

Twitter and it's social media partners are censoring people. How is that even possible? What do they know about medicine? Ultimately people will have the choice of whether to follow the information but allow us the choice. I personally wanted to read first hand a accounts from those with these treatments. It's ludicrous to censor unless you can prove the dangers. Which to this point have not been proven.

What I do know is doing nothing is doing something. It's never been the way to go in any crisis. I doubt that's suddenly changed.

freeurmind

weak willed
The man is not wrong, at this point the left and the right are equally ridiculous in all of this. Not a good word has been said about anything Trump has done since being president. How can he possibly be wrong and worthy of intense critiscm for everything he does/says? The agenda from CNN is palpable at this point.

The Hydroxychloriquine issue is a particularly interesting one. How is it now suddenly dangerous and potentially harmful to your health when it's been used to prevent and treat malaria for ages? The same FDA have approved it eons ago but now it could have all these side effects?

At this point medicine is being practiced in strange way. Go home and hope for the best surely can't be the best you can get from a hospital if you have a potentially fatal disease. I know for a fact, that I'd rather a doctor suggest something than tell me "good luck to your immune system".

The president of Madagascar said they had something that could treat Covid and I haven't even seen a single study. You'd think a bold claim like that would be properly investigated given its being promoted by an actual president of a country but nope, barely any reporting, and barely testing.

Russia claims they have a vaccine and they'll be potentially rolling it by out in a couple of weeks. It's been slammed before anything Is know about it? Clearly the issue is whos saying it as opposed to whether it works. We're living in dangerous times folks, no one seems to care about our wellfare. It's all agendas and narratives.

Twitter and it's social media partners are censoring people. How is that even possible? What do they know about medicine? Ultimately people will have the choice of whether to follow the information but allow us the choice. I personally wanted to read first hand a accounts from those with these treatments. It's ludicrous to censor unless you can prove the dangers. Which to this point have not been proven.

What I do know is doing nothing is doing something. It's never been the way to go in any crisis. I doubt that's suddenly changed.
Hydroxychloroquine has always had side effects. Apologies if this post was an attempt at sarcasm.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Can you do me a favour and list all the good things that Trump has done. I can’t think of many.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Because he literally did nothing good all this years, infact people have lower their bar so much lower to accommodate him, but even a race to the bottom and he's still winning. Obama once wore a tan suit remember.

Whiskey can cure stomach ache. It's not wrong, whiskey doesn't kill. But it makes people who believes it stop taking meds and drinks whiskey thinking it's the med. There's the dangerous part.

Except that it wasn't. Covid requires you to rest, and ride out your luck to be fair, ventilators only increases the odds. It's not like you're guaranteed to die if you don't drink Hydrocloroquine, as a matter of fact drinking it probably accelerates your death. I can understand if it's placebo, accupuncture or some sort of witch doctor in a case where western medical has a death verdict on you. But this wasn't such csae

Trump wasn't the president of Madagascar, he is the POTUS. One of the mightiest, richest, and advanced medical country. You don't expect this coming from him POTUS

Russia having a vacinne or not is a different issue.

Zippo fluid cures cancer, drink it.
Dude it's poison.
Prove it or it's not.
Now has anyone died from drinking Zippo Fluid? So to this point it have not been proven

Again, doing nothing still gives you 70-85% chances of surviving COVID. Doing something hazardous doesn't increase your chance, but might lower it. It's just game theory.

Balljy

The side effects are worth it against malaria as it saves many lives. Giving it in treatment to a disease against which it has little or no effect could cost lives.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Cry me a river. There's a reason the drug has been largely stopped in malaria treatment and I am speaking as someone who has used the drug countless times. It can have severe side effects.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I'd say it's ludicrous to promote taking a drug without proving it works. The problem with social media is all this anecdotal evidence. It's quite easy to go on Twitter and say, hey folks I just ate a pound of cow manure and my Covid symptoms went away. Go eat shit, it helps! Somehow people now equate peer reviewed medical research to anonymous people on Twitter providing anecdotal evidence and say, well, yeah, there's arguments for both sides.

decorativeed

To me it shows the arrogance of those who believe the US is the centre of the world. As if every other country on the planet decided not to use a lifesaving drug, just to make Trump look bad.

Fact is, if it worked, people would use it, in every country. But they are not.

Interval

Level
I'd say it's ludicrous to promote taking a drug without proving it works. The problem with social media is all this anecdotal evidence. It's quite easy to go on Twitter and say, hey folks I just ate a pound of cow manure and my Covid symptoms went away. Go eat shit, it helps! Somehow people now equate peer reviewed medical research to anonymous people on Twitter providing anecdotal evidence and say, well, yeah, there's arguments for both sides.
I know you were trying to be ridiculous but this is 2020 afterall. Your imagination will always fall short of reality. We have had MPs claim it. :lol:

https://thelogicalindian.com/amp/fact-check/cow-urine-covid-19-20204

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sc...-bath-to-fight-covid-19-bacteria-in-karnataka

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.time...in-air-claims-vc/amp_articleshow/77225183.cms

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Status
Not open for further replies.