The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTiger

Half mast
Why did they abduct that person anyway? And which agency was it? That guy in the orange shirt and tan shorts looked like a passerby at 1st, apart from the hairstyle.
You see those bicycle cops ploughing in to protect the 'abductors'? Just in case you didn't know where the NYPD stood on this, you do now.
I thought the fact that the chief of NYPD doxxing activists addresses was enough evidence of where the police stand on the matter.

RooneyLegend

Nope, it's not the doctors who I think may be stupid.
Stupid is doing nothing. 100% success rate in failure.
Because even doctors are people and some people are stupid / frauds. They say they are treating people, but provide no statistical data or proof that they have done trials explaining their methods? Why is that? I've given the medicine to 20 people, and they all died. Don't believe me? Well, I put it on Twitter, so it must be true.

It's not how medicine works. It's not opinion, it's not politics, it's science. If they can prove that it works, back it up with data, like the people that say it is potentially harmful do. I'm talking about cocktails of seperately harmless drugs that, when taken together, are harmful or fatal. Which is a counter point to your claim that the drug must be safe since some people are treated with it. You don't take drugs in a vacuum (I think, I'm not sure what happens in the ISS), someone's condition and other medication plays a very big part in what happens. That's why, even when using something normally harmless is researched exstensively when being used with different types of medicine. This research takes time, of course, and some people will die, but medicine has developed this far by adhering to strict scientific methods.

Morons like Trump try to discredit science when results don't suit them and people, being the stupid / frauds they are, fall for it. It's like he's trying to prove Darwin wrong by making humankind devolve.

I have to say, if I were a pro Trump person I would definitely post on the caf, the amount of response you get is amazing :p
There are studies that have shown that it does have an effect, some don't. So how do we even know who or what to believe? From what I've read I see no research disproving it through actually testing what they are saying. There's no study specifically targeting the early usage of it. In fact, a lot of the studies were halted after early results which were targeted at hospitalized patients.

No one is saying it must be true, I'm saying it might be true. Might is important as there's no real alternative. Its not like there's real viable treatment out there.

Honestly could care less about Trump, I'm not even American. People dying though is a huge issue especially in a situation where there seems to be no real solution.

Some say this is a war but no one is acting like it. Instead they are hanging around, tapping their feet, and hoping for the best. During the war in Vietnam, there was a period soldiers were being killed more by mosquitoes than by bullets. Until locals in China told them about a plant that can treat malaria that they'd been using over the years. They tried it, it worked. No time for lengthy tests.
The wife and I did our PhD work in infectious disease. We have friends and colleagues who have MD's and PhD's in a variety of fields. Of course those degrees are no quite on par with your thoughts and feelings, but we all think these rehashed talking points are dangerous and garbage. It's kinda fitting you named yourself after someone who looks like a cartoon troll.

Yes I know Shrek was an Ogre but if RooneyLegend can make up shit so can I
What am I making up?
Now you're just straight up lying.
What have I missed? Last I checked all there was is preventative measures.
Based on your post and what I saw on Facebook today, it looks like the rightwing media of "Frontline Doctors" has been doing the rounds.

The focus on Immanuel is because she is a complete nutjob that believes in things like demon sex in dreams that causes medical conditions and that vaccines contain alien DNA ffs. if that is the kind of person Trump and his team trust, then that team itself is untrustworthy and unqualified to be handling the pandemic.

Now for the bold, you have to understand that people being prescribed a somewhat experimental drug like hydrocholoroquine after extensive testing for very specific conditions is vastly different than propagating the notion that its an effective treatment for a virus pandemic that just emerged in the last year. No clinical trials show efficacy in treating COVID. It's not a viable treatment at this point.
And I say this as someone with a loved who has been prescribed hydrocholorquine for years. It's not a prescription handed out by a GP just because, its a prescription given to patients with very specific conditions after a bevy of medical examinations and tests.
Firstly, very few clinical trials have been done. Some have shown positives, some haven't. None I've seen have done extensive research on what doctors are claiming.

Secondly honestly don't know what her spiritual views have to do with anything. As I've stated, Lots of Africans have strange beliefs. The world is filled with strange beliefs anyways.

Oh, so did you wife show any major side effects? Did you guys believe it was potentially fatal?

Again this research is nice and under normal circumstances you can understand having the patience. Nothing normal about the current state of affairs.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Stupid is doing nothing. 100% success rate in failure.

There are studies that have shown that it does have an effect, some don't. So how do we even know who or what to believe? From what I've read I see no research disproving it through actually testing what they are saying. There's no study specifically targeting the early usage of it. In fact, a lot of the studies were halted after early results which were targeted at hospitalized patients.

No one is saying it must be true, I'm saying it might be true. Might is important as there's no real alternative. Its not like there's real viable treatment out there.

Honestly could care less about Trump, I'm not even American. People dying though is a huge issue especially in a situation where there seems to be no real solution.

Some say this is a war but no one is acting like it. Instead they are hanging around, tapping their feet, and hoping for the best. During the war in Vietnam, there was a period soldiers were being killed more by mosquitoes than by bullets. Until locals in China told them about a plant that can treat malaria that they'd been using over the years. They tried it, it worked. No time for lengthy tests.

What am I making up?

What have I missed? Last I checked all there was is preventative measures.
Firstly, very few clinical trials have been done. Some have shown positives, some haven't. None I've seen have done extensive research on what doctors are claiming.

Secondly honestly don't know what her spiritual views have to do with anything. As I've stated, Lots of Africans have strange beliefs. The world is filled with strange beliefs anyways.

Oh, so did you wife show any major side effects? Did you guys believe it was potentially fatal?

Again this research is nice and under normal circumstances you can understand having the patience. Nothing normal about the current state of affairs.
This was done to death in the COVID thread when other weird hydroxychloroquine advocates were spouting their shit. If you want your inane questions answered go to that thread and have a read. You will find consensus from the Caf members best positioned to provide opinion (scientists, doctors, and health care workers) that HQ provides little to no benefit and what small benefits it might provide are far outweighed by the potential serious side effects. I seriously can't believe we are back here again.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I thought the fact that the chief of NYPD doxxing activists addresses was enough evidence of where the police stand on the matter.
Has he been fired and relieved of his pension for that yet?
That's the only way these guys will learn.
In their case I think you have to treat fire with fire.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Murdoch may have had something to do with it.
So what's he's saying is that they were better four years ago and since he started helping them out they've gotten progressively worse? Cool.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
This is akin the to early murderers and rapists statements in a way but the ridiculous nature of this tweet aside the fair housing act has a much bigger impact on cities than it does on suburbs.

Clearly he s pandering to the suburbs bc that's where he s getting his major poll losses right now but in my understanding what this will actually do and benefit is the major cities and the large project developers in them who currently are receiving funding by ensuring a certain percentage of housing in new developments is made available for lower income individuals.

What he doesn't say is that he s doing away with the funding so basically : big developers coming in no longer have to prove they are trying to offer fair market value but can still collect a handout from the feds. Most projects in the burbs arent nearly big enough to get a major advantage from that I think.

Tldr; handout to big project developers made easier while pricing more folks out of the market.

Last edited:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
That he’s campaigning in TX is telling. He needs that, FL and OH, right?

When the next rally, btw? That one in NH should have been rescheduled by now.

mav_9me

Yo @RooneyLegend. Major studies have shown no benefit.

That is why we don't prescribe it. The biggest problem with using it is the idea that it works and then you stop looking for something that actually works.

The recovery trial has shown steroids, dexamethasone in particular can decrease mortality.

I don't have the patience to argue with you. No one is sitting around hoping for the best. Shit ton of research is going on all over the world. The best evidence actually came from the UK recovery trial.

So educate yourself. Or stop spouting shit.

SirAF

Ageist

That is why we don't prescribe it. The biggest problem with using it is the idea that it works and then you stop looking for something that actually works.

The recovery trial has shown steroids, dexamethasone in particular can decrease mortality.

I don't have the patience to argue with you. No one is sitting around hoping for the best. Shit ton of research is going on all over the world. The best evidence actually came from the UK recovery trial.

This.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Yeah, but, that's, just, like, science maaan.....

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
America is no longer Right vs Left. Its sane vs insane.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
@RooneyLegend - my wife had this to say about hydroxychloroquine working...

“Well... they might wanna tell that to all the folks I gave it to that died.”

How many studies will it take to get through your head that it’s not a cure?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
@RooneyLegend - my wife had this to say about hydroxychloroquine working...

“Well... they might wanna tell that to all the folks I gave it to that died.”

How many studies will it take to get through your head that it’s not a cure?
"....... But maybe it'll work this time?"

Excellent idea, turning medicine into chasing gambling losses.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots

Murdoch may have had something to do with it.
What exactly is he trying to say here? This makes no sense. Texas is great and it is amazing to see how different the state is compared to four years ago, but they're ungrateful twats? Fox News what? Or is he saying that Fox News are shite and ungrateful to him and that he coincidentally landed in Texas (which is a great state) when he found that out?

Did he also officially endorse Voodoo the other day?

This guy seriously can't get reelected, it's absolutely mental to let a guy like this run a country - ANY country.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Here's a conservative newspaper from the great state of Texas ahead of his visit:

You can’t take Texas for granted this time. We know you don’t put much stock in independent polls, Mr. President, but a consensus is growing that Texans are losing confidence that you are the person to lead the nation out of the canyon that you and your administration have helped dig.

A Morning Consult poll released Monday night shows presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden leading 47-45 in Texas less than 100 days from the Nov. 3 election. An average of five recent polls shows the race as a dead heat in a reliably Republican state that you won by just 9 points in 2016.

The signs are pointing to a level of disenchantment in the state that can’t be addressed by a photo-op on an oil rig. The hashtag #TrumpKillsTexas began trending on Tuesday just ahead of the presidential visit.

One important thing you could do on your visit, Mr. President, is to make an unequivocal commitment to improved testing, social-distancing and getting your followers in the Republican Party to give up their rebellion to Gov. Abbott’s face-mask order. We are almost certain you won’t, but that would be a good start to something resembling leadership.

Energy policy is important to Texans but so are lives and livelihoods. We can’t “drill, baby, drill” if we’re “dead, baby dead.”
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/op...me-back-to-Texas-President-Trump-15440564.php

Ouch!

RooneyLegend

I've long read those studies and if you can't poke holes in them then you've long relinquished your ability to be an independent thinker, which seems the case with most of this forum. Most of you guys sound like CNN journalists ffs.

Holes to be poked, wrong target group(haven't heard anyone claim it's going to take anyone off their deathbed). Then wrong concoction, sometimes not the whole mixture of drugs is used. Isn't it funny how it's potentially extremely harmful and fatal yet no one seems to prove that?

Someone asked about studies showing positive results.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

Guessing you can pretty much pick holes in that too. I get it, that doctor is a nutjob a deserves all the focus, why? That doesn't make any sense. Why not read what someone like Dr Hirsch published.
Take it a man like him can be respected? No?

https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/doi/10.1093/aje/kwaa093/5847586

https://medicalkidnap.com/2020/07/2...are-dying-unnecessarily-by-dr-harvey-a-risch/

I'd like to reiterate I'm not saying it works or doesn't, that I don't know. From the conflicting findings the science behind it is struggling to find that out for whatever reason. However being staunch on one side at this point seems ridiculous, a point that's flown over the heads of many on here.

Of course plenty of research is being done yet at this point, the strategy is a 'go home and hope for the best' strategy. If worst comes to worst, come back and we'll try some treatments. That makes me very uncomfortable. Some hope is simply better than none.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If I am not mistaken he should be no longer considered president after January 2021 , no matter whether someone else has been elected or not.
That's just what was written in the, what was it, oh the constitution. Many people say very unfair, maybe he should write a new one!

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
What would it take for him to delay the election? 2/3’s of congress?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I've long read those studies and if you can't poke holes in them then you've long relinquished your ability to be an independent thinker, which seems the case with most of this forum. Most of you guys sound like CNN journalists ffs.

Holes to be poked, wrong target group(haven't heard anyone claim it's going to take anyone off their deathbed). Then wrong concoction, sometimes not the whole mixture of drugs is used. Isn't it funny how it's potentially extremely harmful and fatal yet no one seems to prove that?

Someone asked about studies showing positive results.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

Guessing you can pretty much pick holes in that too. I get it, that doctor is a nutjob a deserves all the focus, why? That doesn't make any sense. Why not read what someone like Dr Hirsch published.
Take it a man like him can be respected? No?

https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/doi/10.1093/aje/kwaa093/5847586

https://medicalkidnap.com/2020/07/2...are-dying-unnecessarily-by-dr-harvey-a-risch/

I'd like to reiterate I'm not saying it works or doesn't, that I don't know. From the conflicting findings the science behind it is struggling to find that out for whatever reason. However being staunch on one side at this point seems ridiculous, a point that's flown over the heads of many on here.

Of course plenty of research is being done yet at this point, the strategy is a 'go home and hope for the best' strategy. If worst comes to worst, come back and we'll try some treatments. That makes me very uncomfortable. Some hope is simply better than none.
This is fecking stupid, why exactly are you so determined to try and manufacture a case to support this drug being effective in the first place? Until Donald Trump decided to claim it was a miracle drug did you give a feck about it? Do you spend the same energy and determination to prove that other drugs for other diseases should be tried? No you don't, yet for some bizarre reason you want to ignore the now compelling scientific consensus that this is not a good treatment option for this virus, and instead cherry pick individual fragments of evidence to prove something that isn't actually true.

Why? Would do you actually even care? Do you have your nose so far up Trump's ass that you need to defend every fecking stupid thing the cnut comes out with? Will you be providing studies to support ingesting bleach next?

Status
Not open for further replies.