The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There's going to be a lot of people under legal scrutiny if the new DoJ leans that way, Kirstjen Nielsen would at the top of that list too.
True, but in Miller's case, I meant how is he going to avoid someone on the street beating the living hell out of him. The rest like Nielsen will obviously be under legal scrutiny, but Miller is the poster child for a vast majority of Trump's immigration policy.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
True, but in Miller's case, I meant how is he going to avoid someone on the street beating the living hell out of him. The rest like Nielsen will obviously be under legal scrutiny, but Miller is the poster child for a vast majority of Trump's immigration policy.
True that, he doesn't even have his old patron, Jeff Sessions in senate.

Drifter

American
Steve Bannon’s Lawyers Are Running for the Hills After Client’s Insane Call for Dr. Fauci’s Head

The day after Steve Bannon mused about beheading FBI Director Christopher Wray and Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Trump loyalist’s powerhouse lawyers asked a federal judge on Friday to postpone a hearing scheduled for Monday because they intend to withdraw from his criminal case.

“Mr. Bannon is in the process of retaining new counsel, and Quinn Emanuel intends to move to withdraw. As a result, Mr. Bannon respectfully requests that the status conference in this matter be adjourned for three weeks so that he may formally retain new counsel,” Bannon’s current counsel William Burck wrote in a two-paragraph letter.

Burck did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment, with the inquiry prompting an automatic message stating that he will be difficult to reach as he defends another client at trial. The law firm did not state any reason for the shake-up, which follows Bannon’s fantasizing about putting Wray and Fauci’s “heads on pikes” as a warning to federal bureaucrats who do not bend to the president’s will. Social media companies quickly banned Bannon from their platforms, and ex-prosecutors warned that such remarks may have jeopardized Bannon’s bail as he awaits charges related to an alleged border-wall scam.

The Southern District of New York declined to comment on whether prosecutors will seek to revoke Bannon’s bail, but multiple alumni from that office found an upcoming motion likely.

“What I expect to see is that the prosecutors will move to revoke his bail,” Jaimie Nawaday, a former federal prosecutor from the district where Bannon is being prosecuted, told Law&Crime in a phone interview on Friday. “I don’t think they’ll be successful in having his bail revoked, but I would absolutely expect them to move for it.”

Attorney Elie Honig, another Southern District of New York (SDNY) alum and CNN legal analyst, concurred with that analysis.

“As a prosecutor, I’d certainly go right into court and seek to have him remanded — arguably he committed a crime by inciting violence,” Honig told Law&Crime in a direct message. “But he will counter that he wasn’t speaking literally and that it was a form (an outrageous form, of course) of political speech. So a prosecutor certainly should seek remand but I’m not entirely sure a judge would grant it.”

Echoing that sentiment, Nawaday said that the ex-Breitbart executive chairman’s penchant for the outrageous and the unreliable could counter-intuitively work in his favor.

“Guys like Bannon are so shameless and outrageous as a matter of course that they use that as a defense, just as Roger Stone did,” Nawaday noted, referring to the self-proclaimed dirty trickster whom Trump granted clemency shortly before he had to report to prison.

Before his trial and conviction, Stone posted an image of his presiding judge next to what appeared to be crosshairs, and he cast himself as a torch-carrier for the First Amendment when the stunt led prosecutors request to revoke his bail. Allowing him to remain free, U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson slapped him with a limited gag order.

“For all the times that Roger Stone was scolded by the court and engaged in outrageous behavior while out on bail, he remained out,” Nawaday told Law&Crime. “And I think that’s what we’re going to see with Bannon. I think that he will say, ‘Come on! You know, I wasn’t serious. I wasn’t calling for anything specifically, right?'”

“It’s just sort of his outrageous antics defense,” Nawaday added.

Burck, now on the outs with his client, recently and successfully represented New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft in a high-profile prostitution case. The charges were dropped. Former White House counsel Don McGahn is also a Burck client.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Just in case you missed it.

And now this irrelevant twat will be a skid mark on US history. He should not be pardoned, there should be massive oversight into the Trump administration and the decision making during the last 12 month especially and before. He belongs in a prison cell.

Last edited:

GiddyUp

Just in case you missed it.

And now this irrelevant twat will be a skid mark on US history. He should not be pardoned, there should be massive oversight into the Trump administration and the decision making during the last 12 month especially and before. He belongs in a prison cell.
He's right about the fumigation. That house is infested with covid, std's and fast food grease all over the office furniture. Not to mention the make up stains throughout the private residence.

FahadiHossein

just wondering. Has Trump achieved his promises during his 4 year tenure? Basically here are what I thought, and just want to know if I am right on them.

1. Wall across the border with Mexico:
Me: Just a fence, not a big, tall wall which he described, and not the 2000-miles that he promised. It seems that he has been rebuilding the current, worn-out ones, which any president should be doing already. Not a win - promise not fulfilled.

2. Illegal Immigration issues:
Me: The number of arrested illegal immigrants to the US has dropped, largely due to the immigrants not being able to find work in US and there were times when Mexico was providing more job opportunities than the US. Also, the hardline stance of the Trump administration made them more unwilling to cross into US anymore. A win, but not due to the wall.

3. Foreign Policies
Me: a) Engaged a trade-war with China, arrested suspected spies from China and banned Huawei in the US. Seems to be a win for US in the short term, as in Americans have long resented cheap foreign products in the country. However, farms in the US suffered a lot, because farms filed for bankrupted as agriculture exports dropped. A win, except for farmers.
b) NoKo diplomacy: Nearly decided to nuke NoKo but met Kim twice then. However, things have reverted back to usual and NoKo is going back to their own ways. He can still brag this as a win as tensions decreased from nuclear war to diplomacy.
c) ISIS: He will brag as a win, but ISIS has been on the losing end for the past few years. I will count as a win for him, because he can brag about this.

4. Jobs
Me: a) Bringing back steel and other manufacturing. Not a win. I don't think it is practical to bring these back on a scale large enough back to the US. Only some moved back. It could be individual company's decision.
b) Jobs and economy: Jobs and economy were on the high rise ever since Obama's days. Trump took over a very favorable situation. But with the coronavirus and how he didn't deal with it, unemployment rose and he lost whatever Obama did for him. Not a win at all (a win had not for the coronavirus).

Personally, I feel that he did something, but he did not do enough. He feels like a salesman who clocked in many hours visiting clients, but did not make enough sales, but he would still claim that he already did a lot but luck was not on his side. I feel that he could have a strong chance to win the reelection if not for 4b), in which the coronavirus wiped out whatever momentum that was given to him, and his fake news and coronavirus hoax rhetoric just exposed him further. I personally don't think the social unrest like BLM would have affected him if not for the coronavirus, as he would still have the backing from the right.

Precaution

just wondering. Has Trump achieved his promises during his 4 year tenure? Basically here are what I thought, and just want to know if I am right on them.

Me: Just a fence, not a big, tall wall which he described, and not the 2000-miles that he promised. It seems that he has been rebuilding the current, worn-out ones, which any president should be doing already. Not a win - promise not fulfilled.

Me: The number of arrested illegal immigrants to the US has dropped, largely due to the immigrants not being able to find work in US and there were times when Mexico was providing more job opportunities than the US. Also, the hardline stance of the Trump administration made them more unwilling to cross into US anymore. A win, but not due to the wall.

3. Foreign Policies
Me: a) Engaged a trade-war with China, arrested suspected spies from China and banned Huawei in the US. Seems to be a win for US in the short term, as in Americans have long resented cheap foreign products in the country. However, farms in the US suffered a lot, because farms filed for bankrupted as agriculture exports dropped. A win, except for farmers.
b) NoKo diplomacy: Nearly decided to nuke NoKo but met Kim twice then. However, things have reverted back to usual and NoKo is going back to their own ways. He can still brag this as a win as tensions decreased from nuclear war to diplomacy.
c) ISIS: He will brag as a win, but ISIS has been on the losing end for the past few years. I will count as a win for him, because he can brag about this.

4. Jobs
Me: a) Bringing back steel and other manufacturing. Not a win. I don't think it is practical to bring these back on a scale large enough back to the US. Only some moved back. It could be individual company's decision.
b) Jobs and economy: Jobs and economy were on the high rise ever since Obama's days. Trump took over a very favorable situation. But with the coronavirus and how he didn't deal with it, unemployment rose and he lost whatever Obama did for him. Not a win at all (a win had not for the coronavirus).

Personally, I feel that he did something, but he did not do enough. He feels like a salesman who clocked in many hours visiting clients, but did not make enough sales, but he would still claim that he already did a lot but luck was not on his side. I feel that he could have a strong chance to win the reelection if not for 4b), in which the coronavirus wiped out whatever momentum that was given to him, and his fake news and coronavirus hoax rhetoric just exposed him further. I personally don't think the social unrest like BLM would have affected him if not for the coronavirus, as he would still have the backing from the right.
Personally wouldn't even say that's down to Trump, the Patriot ACT enforced first iirc after 9/11 during Bush and then further enforced with Obama, basically meaning its far harder to do literally anything even merely opening a bank account without a SSN to near on impossible.

So getting a job in the border states became way more stricter, I live in Louisiana and it's extremely tough for any illegal to live here without a valid SSN, not saying you can't of course do some under the table work but even dishwashers nowdays are required to be on payroll and you can't do that without a SSN (not saying there isn't a way around it off course)

So yeah, not something I'd personally attribute to Trump.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

3. Foreign Policies

4. Jobs
1. Fail. An illusion anyway. He had no intention of building a goddamn wall. It was a racist sales pitch.

2. Fail. An illusion. Sales pitch. America thrives on illegal immigration. Most of the people opposed to it, give cash in hand to a Mexican gardener as they won’t pay three times the price for an American to do it.

A) No change- Americans love cheap foreign imports. They don’t make much that the world truly enjoys on a consumer level. They say things like ‘Buy American’ while making sub standard products that cost more across an ownership life cycle. Everything great that the country makes, people are buying globally as it’s brilliant.
B) Massive FAIL - The world looked on while a political hack tried to blag his way to a win. Japan and South Korea raised their national threat levels as NK were emboldened by a US President endorsing them.
C) No change - Nothing changed in any meaningful way

4 - feck knows - Increasing the amount of zero hour contracts and counting all jobs as ‘Employed’ even if one person had 3 jobs to make ends meet resulting in ‘3G’ added to the total.... Probably not a win.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just to drive home how big of a cnut this bloke is, how many corona virus cases in USA today and he’s off playing golf...

He is still the sitting president until January... do some fecking work you orange pig dick looking cnut.
He's spent a lot of his time in office either playing golf or at his golf clubs, this kinda is how he has been doing his "work".

Kaos

Just to drive home how big of a cnut this bloke is, how many corona virus cases in USA today and he’s off playing golf...

He is still the sitting president until January... do some fecking work you orange pig dick looking cnut.
Fat chance now he knows he's on his way out. A bit like expecting a spoilt child to behave after snatching their toys, or a teenage daughter to talk to you after you confiscate their phone.

He's probably thinking "they didn't vote for me, so feck em". I fully expect him to really take the piss over the last few months - Marine one helicopter rides to McDonalds, never leaving his room at the WH, turning the WH lawn in a mini golf course. I'd say its a travesty since thousands of Americans are paying the price for his utter neglect, but again he was hardly the serious hands-on statesman they needed several months ago either.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
What % of Parler users understand its name do you think?

Precaution

Trump will find a way to get his message out if he so chooses, same as the way Bannon will... When there's a will there's a way. Hell he could still hold rally's and make the Trump flag into the new confederacy flag, hopefully the cnut doesn't die and turn into a martyr.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I think the time till January is going to be very dangerous. Trump with a "feck it what do I have to lose attitude" is a scary thought.
Errm ... the chance to avoid ending his days in prison?

Jericholyte2

Can Trump still sign executive orders ?
Is there a transition period, where he is still POTUS , but not, if you know what I mean.
Oh yeah, until Jan 20th he is still the President, full powers and privileges included.

I believe that, technically, he could still resign, have Pense be President and get a pardon.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Oh yeah, until Jan 20th he is still the President, full powers and privileges included.

I believe that, technically, he could still resign, have Pense be President and get a pardon.
Dont you need to be accused of something first before being pardoned? I am sure everyone is queuing up to slap a bunch of stuff on the cnut starting the 22nd Jan.

Jericholyte2

Dont you need to be accused of something first before being pardoned? I am sure everyone is queuing up to slap a bunch of stuff on the cnut starting the 22nd Jan.
Again, just by my knowledge for which I'll happily be proven wrong, but I believe he could be pardoned against future prosecution relating to X or Y or "Any impropriety during his Presidency."

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ben Garrison's 'cartoons' throughout this presidency have been absolutely wild. He always depicts Trump with bulging muscles. Incredibly homoerotic and bizarre :lol:

Half of these people honestly act like they want Trump to shag them.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Again, just by my knowledge for which I'll happily be proven wrong, but I believe he could be pardoned against future prosecution relating to X or Y or "Any impropriety during his Presidency."
He can be pardoned for Federal crimes only. So he would still be facing countless state charges currently filed against him, many of which are in NY.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
This was the wording of the Nixon pardon:
Now, THEREFORE, I, GERALD R. FORD, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9,1974.
The pardon power is frighteningly broad.

Status
Not open for further replies.