The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m guessing they will claim to lower drug prices, knowing the Dems in power have no intentions of Medicare for all and one of the Dems’ only assets at their disposal will be lowering prescription medicine prices.

Then cue the GOP taking credit for improving healthcare for the next 4 years, sort of like with the crime bill...

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
America can just Fcuk off at this point. The meekness of Democrat voters, not holding the media to account... it’s so limp.

He’s just stood there and proclaimed he won the election.

Stop. Him.

They’re all waiting for a saviour. Every right headed person should be drowning their Elected officials and media outlets in Phone calls.

But nope, smile and wave. I can’t believe it’s this bad.

Amarsdd

I don't know if I should be sad for these people who have been completely brainwashed by the likes of these Rush Limbaughs and right-wing media or I should be angry that they are such stupid cnuts.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
America can just Fcuk off at this point. The meekness of Democrat voters, not holding the media to account... it’s so limp.

He’s just stood there and proclaimed he won the election.

Stop. Him.

They’re all waiting for a saviour. Every right headed person should be drowning their Elected officials and media outlets in Phone calls.

But nope, smile and wave. I can’t believe it’s this bad.
Yeah, playing fair and respectable isn't going to win against a rule breaker.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't know if I should be sad for these people who have been completely brainwashed by the likes of these Rush Limbaughs and right-wing media or I should be angry that they are such stupid cnuts.
I watched a documentary on amazon called 'The Brainwashing of my Dad' about this sort of thing. Her dad started out listening to Limbaugh and she said he changed, got into the world if fox news and all these websites and was just a completely different person.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Reading a string of Twitter comments here, from Trump voters and...well, as is the case generally: one really shouldn't allow oneself to be shocked, or even slightly surprised, by anything...but still:

Many of 'em actually seem to believe that the infamous rallies are significant: Trump had bigger rallies = he must be more popular among voters.

"I dont' know a single person who went to a Biden rally" = "the election was rigged".

They actually believe this. The idiocy is just...staggering.
Idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote.

It wouldn't be problem if idiots were a minuscule minority but when they're near the majority mark then tough decisions need to be made before democracy transforms into a circus run by clowns.

MTF

What the feck is that?

Is that real? Asking to public to chip in for what exactly?
An incoming administration already starts to staff up in preparation for taking over the government. Of course the government already has thousands of permanent personnel, but there are hundreds of senior positions that are appointed by the administration. Those people usually begin the work of getting up to speed with the latest in the specific departments they will take over months ahead. The senior most level of these people were listed by Biden a little over a week ago and were almost all working on a volunteer basis. But they still need support personnel more junior than them to work, and you can't suppose that all these people can afford to work for free. So a transition fund is set up and usually receives $10 million from the government, but clearly this time that money isn't coming in the next few weeks and yet they're trying to get staffed and get work done.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I watched a documentary on amazon called 'The Brainwashing of my Dad' about this sort of thing. Her dad started out listening to Limbaugh and she said he changed, got into the world if fox news and all these websites and was just a completely different person.
Limbaughed should be a term for this delusion. While that caller saw Limbaugh as a demigod I saw a grifter not giving a second thought to a caller with a clear mental health issue at hand. Perhaps more came of that during/after the call but much of this political division turned cultism stems from Reagan abolishing the Fairness Doctrine to the rise of Limbaugh to the rise of Fox News to the rise of internet right wing echo chambers.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote.

It wouldn't be problem if idiots were a minuscule minority but when they're near the majority mark then tough decisions need to be made before democracy transforms into a circus run by clowns.
Women shouldn't be allowed to vote, they're too emotional.

Peasants shouldn't be allowed to vote, they are too ignorant.

Men who don't own property shouldn't be allowed to vote, they don't have an active stake in society.

People who haven't served in the military shouldn't be allowed to vote, they don't know the value of service to society.

People who aren't nobility shouldn't be allowed to vote, they're not from the right stock and they don't have the right upbringing.

In short, if you think the problem with the 2020 election was that too many people were allowed to vote, then I'll remind you that the defining strategy of the GOP was to make it harder for people to vote. I'll also point out that democracies have by and large produced far more progressive societies than non-democracies. The problem in the US is not that it's too democratic, it's that its democratic system is terribly flawed and very vulnerable to anti-democratic, authoritarian efforts to subvert it.

It's a bit like saying that the problem with the Weimar Republic was that it was too democratic, although that comparison is hopefully not accurate...

Status
Not open for further replies.